Jan 22, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

USA F3K League

Hi All,

I am happy to introduce the USA F3K League!
You may find the details here: http://www.f3k.us/ All the current entry forms and program details can be found here. This page also provides a list of qualification events and how to register your contest as a qualifier.

The objectives of the league are to:

· Enhance the F3K contest organization and increase contest attendance in the USA.
· Increase awareness of new and existing hand launch pilots about F3K contest activity in the USA.
· Provide a coordinated contest calendar for F3K contests nationwide.
· Serve as the main organizing body for the USA team selection process to be implemented in 2010
· Establish and continuously improve the process of selecting the USA team for F3K World Championship.
· Provide a simple but consistent way for any pilot to qualify for the Team Selection Finals.

I am looking forward to the participation of all the F3K pilots in the US - especially contest directors of F3K events. With your support and participation in this league, F3K in the US will continue to grow and prosper leading to the selection of a World Championship caliber US F3K team.

Special thanks goes to Mike Seid for putting the web site together and initiating the concept for the league.

Sincerely,
Tom Kiesling
US Soaring Team Selection Committee Chairman

Thanks!
Last edited by Kiesling; Jul 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
Throw a glider!
Looks good, but the link for the Polecat contest (www.polecat.com) takes you to a website with cat posters, nice posters and all, but nothing about the contest

I think it was meant to be http://www.polecataero.com/
~Jim
Jan 22, 2009, 01:44 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Tom,
How do you register a contest?
I would like to pass that info to the rest of the CDs out there.

I am a CD for the Long Island Hand launch contest for the LISF.

Also, is there anything you need help with from this side of the country? If I recall, you are now in Ca. I am open to doing work. Do you need any help?

Frank Nisita
Jan 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
Frank,

On the first page there is a link -

Contest directors submit your contest information here

http://www.f3k.us/page9.html

We are just in the beginning stages so what help we may need is to be determined. Right now the most help would be to register your contests so people know about them.

Tom
Jan 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Is the name field the CD's name or the Contest's?
Jan 22, 2009, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
It is the CD's name.
The contest name goes in the last field with the other contest info.
Jan 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
What do you meant by Format?
I am typing it in as we speak
Jan 22, 2009, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Just describe the contest.
Are you going to have flyoffs?
What tasks are you going to fly?
How many groups?
When will it start?
When will it end?
Is it a two day contest?
Is it a one day contest?
Is it two one day contests?
That kind of stuff is what you should put in there so people have an idea of what to expect.
Jan 22, 2009, 02:42 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Thanks Tom. Sorry to bother you on this. I just want to do it correctly and not make work later.
Jan 22, 2009, 03:26 PM
You looking at me?
Very nice Tom! Thank you for your effort.

Pity I won't be CD at Nats again this year, two days to run people into the ground. I'm sure some people won't be sad to hear that news.

Ed
www.commonsenserc.com
Jan 22, 2009, 04:35 PM
M Seid
Ed,

Who is the CD for the NATS hlg event this year. I would like to speak with him. I think the community is very interested in assuring the event is a huge success.

Michael Seid

Chairman, IHLGF 2009
Jan 22, 2009, 06:41 PM
ASK
ASK
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
... I think the community is very interested in assuring the event is a huge success...
Ditto

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Blue Skies Hand Launch Glider Challenge
Jan 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
How about full disclosure on the people involved, Selection Committee, etc., also whether they are hlg involved, etc.

This needs to be community effort, IMHO.

Gary
Jan 22, 2009, 10:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
How about full disclosure on the people involved, Selection Committee, etc., also whether they are hlg involved, etc.

This needs to be community effort, IMHO.

Gary
Of course. It is and it will be.
My involvement with this effort is focused primarily on the US F3K team selection aspect. Consider this to be the "trial version" of the team selection qualification process. We have all of 2009 to see how the system works and make improvements to it. You are welcome to provide suggestions to the team selection committee member representing your district.

In the interest of full disclosure, the group that came up with all this consisted of, Mike Seid (organizer for the International Hand Launch Festival), Phil Barnes (organizer of the CASA F3K contest), Oleg Golovidov (organizer of the East Coast HL Festival), Mike Smith (TS committee member), Adam Weston (organizer of HL contests in the North West), Bruce Davidson (organizer of the Bruce Davidson Challenge), Denny Maze (organizer of the Polecat Challenge), Aradhana Singh Khalsa (organizer of the Blue Skies over New Mexico contest), and myself (TS committee chairman).

There was debate among this group as to whether we should open this discussion up to the public. It was decided not to do this in the interest of getting a reasonably polished concept together in a timely manner. I'm sure that some people will feel slighted for not being included in the "list". As chairman of team selection committee, I felt comfortable with the group that was put together. The initial group was put together by the organizers of the major F3K contests in the US. They then brought me on to address the team selection aspect of the league and I added a few people to make sure a reasonable cross section of the country was being represented. Personally I am glad that we took this approach since it took this group several months to come to an agreement on what is presented on the web site.

The proposed qualification process is being discussed by the TS committee now. So if you have any suggestions or things you want to see added, please talk to your district committee member.

Tom
Last edited by Kiesling; Jan 23, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
Jan 22, 2009, 10:59 PM
M Seid
Several contests have already been submitted today and the calender will be updated this evening.

Quick Reply