Jan 21, 2009, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Is this a Cox black widow or a black babe bee?

Hello,

I found a cox engine for sale here in the netherlands (and thats a miracle). But now i dont know what kind is is.

Could you tell me more?

(sorry for this threat, but is did do some research)

to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2009, 10:23 AM
I have had the Black Widow before and there was red on the spinner..
Jan 21, 2009, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Yes, is saw that in pictures!

It could be that the red spinnen is beneath the big spinner, Or someone just screw it off...
Jan 21, 2009, 10:46 AM
You know you just may be right?? If the price is wright you better pick it up because thees things are a thing of the past now..
Jan 21, 2009, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Dont know the price yet. But i hope it will be fine. I know cox is nomore, very sad to hear...

Im happy that i still got my Sky jumper, and bought a Cox Attack Cobra n.i.b. Last week.

Anyone else who knows what kind of engine this is?
Jan 21, 2009, 11:03 AM
I don't know what to tell you about that cox but I will tell you that I picked up Two NEW OS LA .10 engines and may get two more to stored them away you can get them from Tower Hobby's for $56. or there abouts. It would be a good idea if you are into this scale of hobby..Trust me on this one kiddo I am looking at your age and I can tell you that the engine will not be available in 20 years from now.. The key here is to keep the engine no matter what..
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPUD8&P=7
Last edited by peskeybobcat; Jan 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
Jan 21, 2009, 01:40 PM

Black Widow

Looks like an earlier Black Widow with the metal fuel tank & metal back plate.
Difficult to tell from the pic.
I think these earlier ones are better than the later ones with plastic tank & back plate.
I have one & it is a great runner.
Bob
Jan 21, 2009, 06:15 PM
I agree with Bob.

The metal backplates came in 3 versions. Two fueling nipples, one fuel nipple with a vent hole and no fueling nipples.

This engine has the controlline tank set up for inverted flight and a backplate with no fueling nipples. The top fuel tube extends to the bottom of the tank and the bottom fuel tube extends to the top of the tank. While upright, the bottom fuel tube serves as the tank vent; when inverted, the top fuel tube will vent the tank.

Unless this engine has custom anodizing, it's a Black Widow.

andrew
Jan 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
Will fly for food
The big question is does it have the proper cylinder for a Black Widow.

BW had two bypass ports, Baby Bee has only one.
Jan 22, 2009, 03:44 AM
Thread OP
Thank you all for the answers!

I will only know of it comes with the original BW cillinder, when i purchase it.

I'm waiting now for the sellers price.

With kind greatings, Bas
Jan 28, 2009, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
The price would be about 30 dollars, is this a reasonable price? It's bot used mutch (run 10 times or less)

Quick Reply