Dec 21, 2009, 08:15 PM
Challenging Convention
Oh by the way Sander, refering back to that screenshot you attached showing the RSSI, are there extra inputs on your EzOSD for that (to show the diversity antenna RSSI)? coz the manual shows only one pin for RSSI input on the EzOSD... I'm just wondering if this full RSSI feature will be available to all EzOSD owners without the need for hardware change?

Thanks

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2009, 08:39 AM
Lencl
It will be nice to see another long range product make it to market. I will be waiting for this to come out.
Dec 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
RSSI is not analog, the EzUHF 'talks' to the EzOSD via its i2c link, updating it with all sorts of info, not just RSSI, but also bad packets, link quality, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Sander.
Dec 28, 2009, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
Stop posting here and finish "my" EzUHF! !
Dec 28, 2009, 09:11 AM
Registered Crasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy
stop posting here and finish "my" ezuhf! ! :d
Dec 29, 2009, 08:33 PM
Challenging Convention
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen
RSSI is not analog, the EzUHF 'talks' to the EzOSD via its i2c link, updating it with all sorts of info, not just RSSI, but also bad packets, link quality, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Sander.
Ok, i see, so will that be a standard feature of the EzUHF then? to plug into (solder into) the EzOSD to show the RSSI Info (like in your screenshot) or will it just be a min/max 100% scale thing like it is with "regular" recievers?

Cheers... (Just got my EzOSD & Antenna tracker from Zoltan a few days ago and so far i likey likey... although just bench testing at the mo)

Andy
Jan 06, 2010, 05:42 AM
Post # 20 million
Bump, any more news .

Cheers, Kev.
Jan 14, 2010, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Another brief update, as we're finalizing the design and will be starting production of a first batch soon. Below movie is a great example of a long range flight using the EzUHF solution, with 200mW of RF output power used on the EzUHF transmitter. Link budget can be calculated using the real time telemetry feed from the EzOSD, connected to the EzUHF Rx via i2c.

Long range winter flying

As is shown in the link status (at 4.0km), link budget with 10dB of margin is >40km, stating link budget without a margin is what some of the other guys do, but that's silly. Having no margin means that if you bank or turn and the antenna orientation changes the RSSI will drop and you have no changes of recovery if you're at the other limits of range.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jan 14, 2010, 09:27 AM
Main selling point for me: is it, or can be fitted in a Futaba module case, or is a bulky tin case like TS LRS ?
Jan 14, 2010, 09:30 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
As mentioned before Futaba has stopped selling Txs with modules (for over a year now), hence we won't be selling a EzUHF in a Tx module, the market is too small to justify the cost of the development etc. it also would mean this is a Futaba only product, which it certainly isn't.

Cheers,

Sander.
Last edited by ssassen; Jan 14, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Jan 14, 2010, 09:36 AM
Challenging Convention
man that looks cold!

Was that recorded onboard? coz if not that video link was as good as the UHF link!!

Is the final unit gonna be 200mW or 500mW?

Cheers

Andy
Jan 14, 2010, 09:43 AM
Can you say anyting on pricing already Sander?
Jan 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
Challenging Convention
Quote:
As mentioned before Futaba has stopped selling Txs with modules (for over a year now), hence we won't be selling a EzUHF in a Tx module, the market is too small to justify the cost of the development etc. it also would mean this is a Futaba only product, which it certainly isn't.

Cheers,

Sander.
I have 9CHP and they do seem to be pretty popular amoungst FPV'ers so valid question from RENATOA and i appreciate the small market etc, but i wonder if we would be able to cram it in there ourselves (i.e physical dimensions?) having external module with antenna fitted is not exactly a prob seems as that's what all the competition is doing, but would be cool to be able to fit it into futaba module.. I've got a spare one here from when i upgraded to Synth so i can gut that...

Cheers

Andy
Jan 14, 2010, 09:48 AM
I second Andology request about the board size.
There is a guy in UK who manufacture and sell empty Futaba module cases, for 5GBP the piece.
Also, there are spare XPS ? cases, fitted with antenna SMA plug, cable and U.FL pluf, for $9.99. We only want to know if it can be fitted.
Last edited by renatoa; Jan 16, 2010 at 04:26 PM.
Jan 14, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Sander.
Have a look at Hitec Aurora, it definitely redefined the radios middle market, and continue the module tradition, same format as Futaba.
As a LRS manufacturer, I would be worried about their system, because 4km, like in your video, is now completely possible with the Hitec 2.4GHz, I did 2.2km ground test with the receiver in a car !
The radio is not so stellar, because, as JR, lacks the same feature, the trainer mode required for HT, but the RF system rocks for middle range FPV. Mine was in a T9C, is the FPVers radio of choice.
Long range now must be redefined at over 5km, imo.
Last edited by renatoa; Jan 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply