Jul 01, 2009, 07:57 PM
Seeing that Sander is on vacation, dose anyone know what video setup that sander is using?

From what I can tell from the video he using the Fat Shark goggle and?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2009, 02:54 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Dennis,

At the end of most of my videos I mention the full setup in the credits:

http://www.vimeo.com/sandersassen

- ImmersionRC 500mW 2.4GHz Tx
- ImmersionRC Duo2400 diversity Rx
- ImmersionRC EzAntennaTracker
- Polarity diversity 11dBi flat patch antenna

Cheers,

Sander.
Jul 02, 2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen
Dennis,

At the end of most of my videos I mention the full setup in the credits:

http://www.vimeo.com/sandersassen

- ImmersionRC 500mW 2.4GHz Tx
- ImmersionRC Duo2400 diversity Rx
- ImmersionRC EzAntennaTracker
- Polarity diversity 11dBi flat patch antenna

Cheers,

Sander.
Hi Sander,

Hope you have a good time on your vacation.

Thanks for the info, FPV is new to me, The closest I came to it was putting a small video cam in my plane.

I found two places that sell the Fat Shark, In Canada and the USA, The one in Canada is cheaper. Didn't know they were 2.4 Ghz only.
I'm been looking at the Fat Shark RCV230 Teleporter Edition from Canada, It has everything, Do you know anything about is system?

Dennis
Jul 02, 2009, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Dennis,

Wouldn't bother with the Teleporter, it is 320x240 resolution and the integrated headtracker doesn't work very well. I'd go with the RCV922 Aviator Edition, that's what most of the seasoned FPV-ers use. I use it with an external Rx (via the AV-in) mostly as the built in Rx isn't the most sensitive, nor the most selective.

The built in Rx however is fine if you just want to be buzzing around the local RC field or aren't planning to venture out too far. NGHobbies sells it and a few other places as well, it is all you need to get started with FPV really, as everything is built in, so you don't need to bring a lot of gear to the field to do some FPV flying. It and a FunJet for example are a great recipe for hours of FPV fun.

If you do pick up a RCV922 I'd buy the 500mW 2.4GHz ImmersionRC Tx as well, as the included 10mW Tx is fine for a start, but you'll quickly want more range.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jul 02, 2009, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Dennis,

Wouldn't bother with the Teleporter, it is 320x240 resolution and the integrated headtracker doesn't work very well. I'd go with the RCV922 Aviator Edition, that's what most of the seasoned FPV-ers use. I use it with an external Rx (via the AV-in) mostly as the built in Rx isn't the most sensitive, nor the most selective.

The built in Rx however is fine if you just want to be buzzing around the local RC field or aren't planning to venture out too far. NGHobbies sells it and a few other places as well, it is all you need to get started with FPV really, as everything is built in, so you don't need to bring a lot of gear to the field to do some FPV flying. It and a FunJet for example are a great recipe for hours of FPV fun.

If you do pick up a RCV922 I'd buy the 500mW 2.4GHz ImmersionRC Tx as well, as the included 10mW Tx is fine for a start, but you'll quickly want more range.

Cheers,

Sander.
Sander,

Sorry about all the questions, I know you get hit with them all the time.

Yes I been looking at the RVC922 too. As I do plan on trying long range flying, And so the 500mW 2.4GHz is a must have, And I planing on getting the EzOSD too. Powering the ground station, are you using the car battery?
And what Rx do you think is the best?

What would be better 2.4Ghz or the 900Mhz Tx.?

Thanks
Dennis
Last edited by Dennis H.; Jul 03, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Jul 10, 2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Sander,

I have been thing about your system, And using ATV in the 70cm band for long distance video. Will they work together?
Jul 10, 2009, 02:07 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Will they work together?
This will create the same problem as using 2.4GHz for video and RC control, reduced range on the RC control and lines/noise in the video, so this is not recommended.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jul 10, 2009, 02:21 AM
Sander,

Thanks, I didn't think it would work, But just checking.
I just stay with the 2.4Ghz then.
Jul 12, 2009, 04:45 AM
Putting FPV to Business
Hello Sander,

I've been reading up about 5 straight days about FPV and some threads here, as well as watching tons of FPV videos, on Vimeo and others.

I have read all the topics from DL thread, and saw that you have similar products, similar solutions, that should integrate well better if used together.

As I am starting up a new business related to FPV, I would say I first of all will require to request a HAM license over here in Brazil. As I am not sure how to proceed, I will have to wait a few more weeks to get that.

Despite the HAM license, is there any other license required?

Considering I am now ready to purchase the solutions you have, EzUHF, EzOSD with Telemetry, Tracking Antenna mechanism, you'd say that using ImmercionRC is the video solution that goes better with them? Is ImmersionRC the producer of the Ez products?

I am in touch with Wade from futurehobbies, but I am not sure yet if he has everything I need in a one row purchase, so still waiting. Not sure yet if the EzUHF is delivered to market as well as EzOSD with Telemetry. I saw that the Tracking Antenna is already there.

I would like to ask as well as what is your best option for Video Goggles and Cameras, as well as Video Frequency, as I've heard some saying 900mhz goes further than 2.4 and 5.8, but I've seen that 1mw tx are only available for 2.4 or 5.8 frequencies. Maybe a 5.8 with more power (perhaps a signal amplifier) would extend its range with less noise than others.

Anyways, subscribing to all your product related topics to make sure I can get the best combined solution.

One important feature I'd like to see, is a decent return to home feature, not a rudder to home feature as I've seen in other OSD systems. I understand that it would raise its price, with Gyro and other control requirements, but if that's the price to bring the plane back safely, that's what I'd like to vouch for.

Here in Brazil, models are really pricy and I'd like to invest in the safest possible solution so I don't have to pay extra for everything inside a pricy plane or heli at later stage.

I also have never seen some autopilot or return to home features for Heli's. I understand that the complexity would be higher but it seems doable somehow.

Well, that's my post for now. I don't want to throw a bunch of inquiries in the fist post I write, considering the amount of questions so far, I am already abusing

Greetings from Brazil.

Ernani
Jul 14, 2009, 09:31 PM
Putting FPV to Business
Sander, just saw your recomendation on the Fatshark Aviator Edition and got it from a local vendor here in Brazil as the price was quite reasonable.

So now I have the goggles with built-in receiver, 500mw tx, 10mx tx for my micro heli .

I am now waiting for your UHF LRS details.

Planning to get as well the ImmersionRC Diversity Receiver, EzOSD and Antenna Tracker.

Aside from that still waiting for some possible changes on EzOSD posted at its related topic (different layout modules) and true autopilot (for future releases).

Kind Regards,

Ernani
Jul 15, 2009, 03:14 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
I am now waiting for your UHF LRS details.
I think you missed a post further down:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=37

Cheers,

Sander.
Jul 21, 2009, 12:19 AM
Lencl
This looks really interesting, depending on the final price, I might very well buy one of these. I just want to get this straight, There is a TX and an RX transceiver. The RX transceiver will act as a standard rx by connecting to the servos, but will also be able to transmit data such as gps coords. Would this free up that audio channel for the antenna tracking since its being transmitted through the transceiver?

Also the TX transceiver will interface with the radio itself and transmit the signals for the servos, independent of the original 72mhz output, whilst receiving the incoming data from the RX transceiver?

I'm just new to this higher level FPV equipment, but this seems to have a lot of potential, and I love the fact that you are making all these parts integrated and easy to use. I just hope this ends up being affordable.
Jul 21, 2009, 12:53 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Both are transceivers, the fact that one has servo connectors and the other doesn't kind of makes the distinction between Rx and Tx, that, and the fact that the Tx has higher RF output power.

I don't see the use of sending the telemetry using this at this point, the audio channel works just fine for that. Frankly I really don't see what the fuzz is with having a mic on an FPV plane, all you hear is loud motor and wind noise, entirely useless in my opinion, I tried it a few times and it doesn't add anything. If you don't have an OSD perhaps, so you can guesstimate battery condition by how fast the motor still spins at full throttle, that's about it.

As pictured before this will be a module that plugs into the back of your Tx, much like the 35/40/72/xxMHz modules you're familiar with on the Futaba platform. There'll also be a stand alone version to cater to other platforms such as Graupner/JR etc.

As far as your RC transmitter is concerned this is all transparant, it doesn't know a different RF module is connected hence it works as it normally would.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jul 21, 2009, 01:37 AM
Sander,

Quote:
I'm on vacation right now, hence I'll reserve that for some other time if you don't mind, that's not a simple one line post I'm afraid.
Are you back from your holiday now? If yes, could you please tell us the EU rules or give a link where we can find them on the net?

If you are still on holiday, then please continue to enjoy your vacation!
Sep 23, 2009, 02:42 AM
Quote:
No, that's like a chef giving away the secret ingredient for his award winning cookie recipe, can't do that I'm afraid. Besides, our implementation is very far from the typical application note for this particular device both in terms of soft- and hardware.

Cheers,

Sander.

I think you use the Micreal RF modules, just the same as Thomas' system, both diversity systems, both about -110dbm sensitivity. And other fuctions are more or less the same.

I really hope your system can be released soon, I really need a whole EZ system.

Quick Reply