Feb 06, 2010, 08:22 PM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Man, my wife was all over me about my rc addiction two weeks ago. Since then, I haven't brought it up in conversation and I haven't flown at home and I hauled all my rc stuff out into my car where she can't see it. Of course, I still have been flying, I just drive down to the park so she doesn't KNOW I'm flying. Sheesh. You guys have to do this kind of song and dance just to enjoy your hobby?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2010, 11:31 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy
Man, my wife was all over me about my rc addiction two weeks ago. Since then, I haven't brought it up in conversation and I haven't flown at home and I hauled all my rc stuff out into my car where she can't see it. Of course, I still have been flying, I just drive down to the park so she doesn't KNOW I'm flying. Sheesh. You guys have to do this kind of song and dance just to enjoy your hobby?
Nah it's all good. I just can't complain when she spends money on her scrapbooking junk
Feb 14, 2010, 07:26 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Still wondering if this is going to be a long time before release or not. Any updates?
Feb 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
I'm sure it will be out before the end of March, according to the man.

I was about to buy the Thomas LRS, and decided to wait for this one.
Feb 14, 2010, 09:53 PM
Challenging Convention
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1068
I'm sure it will be out before the end of March, according to the man.

I was about to buy the Thomas LRS, and decided to wait for this one.
Same here.. literally was about to transfer paypal funds for the Thomas LRS but last minute dot com decided to hold out, and luckily the weather started to deteriorate so wasn't in any rush... and since i've bought the EzOSD and the EzTracker, i'm glad i held out for the EzUHF.. The more i hear about it, the more i'm glad i waited..

but still waiting...

Cheers

Andy
Feb 15, 2010, 12:28 AM
Suspended Account
the difference is in waiting and what has been tested by many people

and the price?

the headtracking capability is the only thing I can see as an advantage?
which is a cool thing

price makes a big difference
Feb 15, 2010, 12:33 AM
N00b
wait can you not do head tracking with thomas LRS? or does the ezuhf plug in the trainer port and allow you to do head tracking without having to solder it in, as i udnerstood you can wire thomas lrs straight into the radio or into a t9cap module and still use the trainer port for head tracker.
Feb 15, 2010, 12:37 AM
N00b
oh forget the question about ezuhf with head tracking just read last page but if you hook up thomas lrs without using the trainer port you can use head tracking fine right.
Feb 15, 2010, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
not what I undrstand with the evo 12

other tx's I guess you can

but what from what i read in this thread Sander has got around that?

and his easy to convert to 12 channels is another feature?

8 is a very limmited rx

in the fpv world
Feb 15, 2010, 06:21 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
This is looking like a good package with osd and tracking as well nice work can’t wait to hear how much and when! Im going to start saving my pennies . Any news on sending the duo 2400 back yet sander?
Cheers
Nick
Feb 24, 2010, 10:44 PM
Greetings,

Sander, have been following FPV for awhile and intend to dive in soon. I am very interested in your EZUHF system. You're probably tired of answering this, but is there any update on availability? Also, I'm confused by something. Suppose I start with a 900MHz video transmitter / receiver, a patch antenna, a Sony SN555 camera, and maybe some Headplay goggles as an initial set-up. I'm not concerned initially with pan / tilt or antenna tracking, but can add these later. I do want to make sure I don't run out of control range with my 72MHz radio. Will a 433UHF conversion on my Futaba 9CAP radio work okay with this? The plane's transmitter / receiver, or more correctly, the EZ transceivers, would be independent from the video transmitter / receiver, correct? I have reviewed the DL and Scherrer systems, but really like your system, and can wait for it. I'm just looking for confirmation that this set-up would work okay, and would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks.

Brad
Feb 24, 2010, 10:49 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Brad I won't speak for Sander, but will offer my 0.2

Your setup sounds very similar to a lot of people out there, and the short answer is - YES - It will work fine.

The only think I will comment on is that the SN555 camera is know to be "noisy" and can cause you some grief. There are range of cameras out there that will do a good job.

Cheers
-J
Feb 24, 2010, 11:40 PM
DJI Supporter
I've never heard of a noise issue with the SN555, just the SN777, have things changed?
Feb 25, 2010, 12:12 AM
Agreed. I have not heard of Rf noise problems with the SN555 (aka VSN700) like those of the SN777 (VSN500).
And yes the common names are sort of backwards from the actual model numbers.

ian
Feb 25, 2010, 12:17 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Agreed. I have not heard of Rf noise problems with the SN555 (aka VSN700) like those of the SN777 (VSN500).
And yes the common names are sort of backwards from the actual model numbers.

ian
Ahhh!! Then I stand corrected!! My Bad!!

Quick Reply