This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 17, 2009, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
Rave

FBL T-rex 500 w/ PG-800

Well I was looking for a ds-760 a few weeks ago and couldnít find it in stock. I have known a few people that fly both the ds760 and pg-800, they couldnít tell the difference. So I contacted *****to see if I could to try the gyro and if I didnít like return it for a refund and they said no problem. (so I felt pretty good on trying it).

Well I have been flying it now for over a week and I'm in love. Doesnít compare to a 401 and I even think it blows the 611 away! IMHO I really donít think you could find a better gyro and for the price with programming card, I know you canít! I even tried the align gov and on the 401 you would get racing (fast tail wag) but with the pg-800 its rock solid and damn, the align gov does work very well set at 80% w/ 13t. I never was able to try the align gov's since I always flew 2100's or 401's.

Setup was very easy, I wanted to see if you could just setup the gyro in HH and not worry about mechanical setup, like the 401. Well I would say itís easier than a 401. I set the gain at 50% and took off tail was solid with no drift. I started with some hs piro's and had a bounce on right piro, so I set the heli down hooked up the programmer and decreased RPIRGAIN, well that fixed that !!! It's really that simple to setup! I then thought I would set it up with proper mechanical setup. I added 8 degrees of pitch on the tail to start with and put her in rate mode. Hooked up the programmer and set travel via L-LIMIT and R-LIMIT. Needed some fine tuning via the tail push rod to achieve perfect hover in rate. Put her back in HH and found really no difference in the way the tail performed. IMHO if youíre not going to fly in rate donít even waste your time with the mechanical setup.

I think this gyro has had a bad rap since it looks like the ds760. I donít care what it looks like, it's easy to program and rock solid. I donít see how it could be a clone since the programming interface is different and doesnít take the ds760 firmware.

Heli setup:
Proto-type adj. FBL 500 class head
SK-360
stock esc and motor
INO-LAB Cyclic
9257 tail w/ step down
5a Maxpro BEC @ 6v

Happy Flying and Safe Landings!

UPDATE: PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM ChaosRC.COM, IT HAS COME TO MY ATTION THAT NICKJONES IS THE OWNER. I FEEL PRETTY BAD ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE WHERE I GOT THIS GYRO FROM. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE GYRO BUT I STILL DO NOT CONDONE WHAT NICK JONES HAS DONE IN THE PAST!
I would order them from http://www.alien-rc.com/oscommerce/c...roducts_id=458
They are safe and ansewer their email!
Last edited by blade strike; Jan 29, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2009, 09:38 PM
VBARRRR
proud owner of a PG800 on a Dragonus

LOVING IT!!
Jan 20, 2009, 09:41 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Another Owner of a pg-800 on a Dragonus.. best gryo I have flown, compares to a spartan anyday

Thanks,
Devin

(3 min 51 sec)
Jan 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thread OP
Yep, I have a 2nd one on order! Should be here today
Jan 22, 2009, 11:17 PM
Removed
Last edited by OnTheSnap; Apr 05, 2009 at 11:14 PM.
Jan 22, 2009, 11:59 PM
VBARRRR
we're not saying it IS a spartan

it flies exactly like one

but the programming card is a real plus

i hate bringing the laptop to the field and risk getting it dirty
Jan 24, 2009, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap
I just ordered one. I feel a little dirty, but the reality is there is no proof that it has any of the Spartan IP in it. Just a perfect emulation of the options and programming UI.

You wont feel that dirty when you get your first flight on it
Jan 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thread OP

Warning

UPDATE: PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM ChaosRC.com, IT HAS COME TO MY ATTION THAT NICK JONES IS THE OWNER. I FEEL PRETTY BAD ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE WHERE I GOT THIS GYRO FROM. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE GYRO BUT I STILL DO NOT CONDONE WHAT NICK JONES HAS DONE IN THE PAST!

I do have to say my 2 orders went very smooth through CRC, but If you know this guy it's only time until he screws up! The sad thing is he is not even 18 and he does have talent!

I would order them from http://www.alien-rc.com/oscommerce/c...roducts_id=458
They are safe and ansewer their email!

Ken
Jan 26, 2009, 09:03 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Nothing is shipped from Chaos RC... No stock or anything, everything ships from the factory! to my knowledge!

Thanks,
Devin
Jan 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Well mine shipped from temple city california, cnchelicopter.

Still I dont trust him man, all it take is one custermer to do a charge back and he wont have money for order to be shipped from the shipping house!

I feel kinda screwed. The guy that emailed me said the shop is in the uk
Jan 26, 2009, 09:07 PM
Supra!!!!!!
yeah... CNC heli carries the Gryo.. they also carry the 401B through Chaos rc...

Thanks,
Devin
Jan 26, 2009, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D
yeah... CNC heli carries the Gryo.. they also carry the 401B through Chaos rc...

Thanks,
Devin

Devin -

you got some real skillz man, I just hope you dont get caught up with Nick J.
Jan 26, 2009, 09:34 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Thanks Ken... Dont worry.. I wont

Thanks,
Devin
Jan 27, 2009, 02:27 AM
Removed
Last edited by OnTheSnap; Apr 05, 2009 at 11:14 PM.
Jan 27, 2009, 02:39 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Ok.. Hows this... This gyro is cheap, compared to any other gyros in its class, the only gyros that compare to this are the spartan at 220 without any programing card or cable, and the 611 which is in the 200-300 range and it can only be used with very few servos. This gyro can use any types...

There is support... go to www.sjgd-tech.com you can get support there...

Updates.. what is there to update.? Everything is fine how it is...

Saving settings are easy, after you set them unplug the program card and they are saved into the gryo.. not the program card so you can use the card on 100 gyros if you like.. All the settings are in the gyro and change and are stored after you unplug the program card..

Thanks,
Devin

Quick Reply