This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2018, 09:17 PM
That is amazing talent!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2018, 04:03 PM
Ever considered selling her???? (JOKING)

Seriously, WOW, she has real talent, both of you should be proud. I honestly would not trust myself to fly a work of art like that!!!!

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Nov 13, 2018, 06:18 PM
Carpe Cerevisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB
Ever considered selling her???? (JOKING)

Seriously, WOW, she has real talent, both of you should be proud. I honestly would not trust myself to fly a work of art like that!!!!

Paul
I have thought of setting her up in business painting planes but she’s a busy mom and rarely has free time to paint my planes much less other people’s.

No hangar queens at my house (well... maybe just one). I fly all her art. I’m not much of a plane crasher so they look great for a long time. I am very proud of her and her talent and consider myself very lucky to have her paint my planes....
Jul 30, 2019, 06:03 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Slightly off topic but can someone suggest a paint respirator that works with a beard? I'm having the expected seal issues and wondered if there was some sort of face shield style I was unaware of
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Aug 06, 2020, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenperro
My daughter hand painted my new Alula Trek using regular acrylic paints, some of which were metallic. She paints a great deal of my planes but this one is my favorite so far.
Those are some great painted planes.

I see that you are painting with a brush, how much weight does it add ?
Aug 06, 2020, 09:48 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLabel
Those are some great painted planes.

I see that you are painting with a brush, how much weight does it add ?
I didn’t weigh my Weasel slope plane before she painted it but I’m around 22 grams heavier. Not an issue for a sloper but it might be for other planes such as 3Ds and such
Sep 20, 2020, 03:27 AM
jofro
Few of my recently finished hand painted foamies with touch of gold and silver plating for a bit of glow.
Sep 26, 2020, 04:52 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Very cool jofro! Got any video of them flying?
Sep 26, 2020, 05:24 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Slightly off topic but can someone suggest a paint respirator that works with a beard? I'm having the expected seal issues and wondered if there was some sort of face shield style I was unaware of
In case anyone else is looking, I went with a positive pressure mask type. It still leaks but the positive pressure blows outward past the leaks avoiding paint getting in
Here you can see my new positive airflow painting mask. I typically have trouble sealing my masks with the beard and recently this caught up with me and I spent a few days in the hospital with breathing issues. I knew things weren’t right since I regularly was spitting color after paint sessions. Beard doesn’t seem to make a good paint filter with my old mask. So I ordered the mask you see here and today I used it for the first time. It has a filter and air pump that provides positive airflow to keep anything getting in through any beard leakage points. So far so good. Not the most comfortable but better than hospital visits. Still waiting on the pulmonologist referral to get things finalized.

All I can think is
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal.”
“I’m sorry I can’t do that Jim”
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Yesterday, 04:42 AM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Very cool jofro! Got any video of them flying?
TX, few for you to enjoy.
2020 0628 165458 066 "Golden Arrow" run on 8S/5Ah. (4 min 23 sec)
(Golden Arrow test run on 8S 5Ah)
2020 0628 162032 064 "EDF HydroPropJet" test flight after CG reset (2 min 48 sec)
(EDFHydroPropJet Test flight)
2020 0829 162900 079 Midi Gold on windy Winters day. (3 min 44 sec)
(Midi G on windy morn)

Quick Reply