This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 16, 2018, 05:52 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTwilight
"I am the GREAT and POWERFUL AKU!"

It looks awesome!

Is Jack on another plane or the bottom side?
Ha! Sadly, no Samurai Jack on the other side but perhaps a future project. My daughterís time is limited and Iím just glad she was able to this. My daughter and I used to watch the show when she was young. She jumped at the idea to paint Aku on a plane.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2018, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenperro
Thanks. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I had my daughter paint my new Weasel Trek today. She just used regular acrylic paint and a brush. I think she does outstanding work. Iím so lucky to have her paint my planes...
Now sheís got skills! Those are great paintings, but I can see my plane hanging on the wall for artwork! Do you top them with lacquer or something for protection? Any idea of weight change?

Great Job and get her to flying!
Jul 17, 2018, 08:00 AM
Carpe Cerevisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablair
Now sheís got skills! Those are great paintings, but I can see my plane hanging on the wall for artwork! Do you top them with lacquer or something for protection? Any idea of weight change?

Great Job and get her to flying!
I use a clear coat called Krylon Fusion. I try to apply it in one or two (light) coats. Krylon has a UV blocker in it. Iíve neglected to do so on other planes sheís done for me and they faded over time. I didnít weigh my plane before she painted it but Iím around 22 grams heavier than a standard build. This being a slope plane, that much weight is really a non issue. I was concerned that I would have to add a lot of weight to the nose to hit the proper CG but I only needed two pennies.

Hereís the maiden flight yesterday. She flies just fine I think. You sure can tell orientation in the air lol!

Rob maiden new Weasel Trek Lilly Shapell 07/15/18 (2 min 24 sec)
Jul 17, 2018, 04:26 PM
Kit Manufacturer
At Joe Nall 2017 one of my customers requested an unpainted kit and he built it at the event and he and his daughter "painted" it with Sharpies. What an awesome job
Jul 17, 2018, 11:26 PM
Carpe Cerevisi
Very nice! My daughter painted a depron 3D Juka with sharpies too. They can be a great alternative to paint.
Jul 18, 2018, 06:44 AM
Y’all have some talented artist in the family! Great maiden Rob and the art work shows orientation.

Quick Reply