Scratch builder paint tips / ideas: instructional videos - Page 133 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 01, 2016, 07:28 AM
Great collection of videos! Bookmarking this one. Very inspiring!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2017, 07:42 AM
Look what I found in the rafters!
Jan 18, 2017, 04:53 AM
Cobra Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer
That brings back memories from waaayyyyyyyy back in the thread!
Jan 24, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer
Niiiccceee!
Jan 24, 2017, 09:18 PM
the more I paint the more I figure out, the adjustments on the gun now I'm getting more atomazation and a better paint job
Mar 15, 2017, 03:23 PM
Go fast, turn left....
Here are two of the paint jobs that I am the most proud of.

Done mostly with rattle can, as I'm still learning the air brush.
Mar 16, 2017, 07:02 AM
They look pretty good!
Mar 20, 2017, 09:07 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
BF, Spit bombs work fine , just airbrush is lighter , finer application , better coverage with less paint ... practice on newspaper ... or more planes
Mar 20, 2017, 09:53 AM
Go fast, turn left....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
BF, Spit bombs work fine , just airbrush is lighter , finer application , better coverage with less paint ... practice on newspaper ... or more planes
I've got plenty more kits in the build que to practice on.

But yes, once the weather starts to get warmer, I will practice more with airbrush.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:49 PM
When pigs fly rc
Did you fly the mini p 51 yet
Mar 21, 2017, 06:40 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
We've flown them at the Watervliet Dome and Drew has two videos of his

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IU1lWgHVygZ4bX
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Mar 21, 2017, 08:16 AM
Go fast, turn left....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Yes, the mini has flown.

It likes a little speed and handles quite well, but needs a little more room than a basketball court.
Last edited by BlindFury; Mar 21, 2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: reread the question...lol
Jul 01, 2017, 06:39 PM
The heli is in the tree again?
Hi painters my grandfather has an air brush from a while back from when he did cars a lot but now wants to repaint our spitfire. We've repainted one plane p47 with rustolium paint and foam brush. But now he wants to try the rustolium thru the airbrush, my question, can we thin it out enough to put it thru the airbrush or is it a disaster that i should shoot down before its an issue? (No pun intended) or is it an experement thats worth a shot?(again no pun intended)
Jul 01, 2017, 09:10 PM
rusteolum has redone a lot of their mixes, there's no telling if it'll work or not, give it a try I would be interested to hear the results, I'm always looking for something new to try
Jul 02, 2017, 10:32 AM
Cobra Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow1
Hi painters my grandfather has an air brush from a while back from when he did cars a lot but now wants to repaint our spitfire. We've repainted one plane p47 with rustolium paint and foam brush. But now he wants to try the rustolium thru the airbrush, my question, can we thin it out enough to put it thru the airbrush or is it a disaster that i should shoot down before its an issue? (No pun intended) or is it an experement thats worth a shot?(again no pun intended)
It should work as long as you use the appropriate thinning agent that is compatible with the Rustoleum.