Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:56 PM
joker24458 is online now
Find More Posts by joker24458
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
joker24458's Avatar
Ok. I did a store locator search and I have a store not that far from where I live. I will try to go there tomorrow.

-joker
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:38 PM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Ok. I did a store locator search and I have a store not that far from where I live. I will try to go there tomorrow.

-joker
Take the hose from your spray kit with you so you can match the connector. Likewise check out the compressor side. I put quick disconnects on mine since I also use it for other air tools
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:22 AM
Luis_Claudio is offline
Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Amazing effects! Please, please, post the step by step (links) for us see the progress!!!!

Thank you,
Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyz43 View Post
Sorry for a late post but another way to hold the posterboard down to the depron is spray adhesive. I use 3M45 spray adhesive on the back side of the posterboard to hold everything in place for me.. It will allow you to stick the posterboard to the depron, pull out and paint areas that you want and then replace the posterboard to cover up the painted area without pulling the paint off...Only thing is to spray the posterboard with a very light coat of adhesive....
just finished this 40" DW Foamies Juka for a fella out in Las Vegas....all posterboard stencils and no pins or weights to hold things in place....
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:49 PM
joker24458 is online now
Find More Posts by joker24458
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
joker24458's Avatar
Ok, well I picked up the correct coupler, no paint yet, but should be airbrushing soon.

-joker
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:41 PM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
and the teflon thread sealing tape?

Good luck with it. Play around with some cardboard and such before you attack a plane. Remember, light even coats to not add too much weight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:32 PM
joker24458 is online now
Find More Posts by joker24458
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
joker24458's Avatar
Nope, I did not get any Teflon tape because my dad already has some.......he is a (brain)scientist and has alot of this stuff (he uses tanks of air and such in his lab). I still did not get any paint though, but I may not be able to airbrush tomorrow.........I have school Monday and stuff to do. Nnot that much, dont worry but I also want to go to the feild tomorrow and fly. Also to train my dad..........but he has a pretty long way to go.

-joker
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:17 AM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Nope, I did not get any Teflon tape because my dad already has some.......he is a (brain)scientist and has alot of this stuff (he uses tanks of air and such in his lab). I still did not get any paint though, but I may not be able to airbrush tomorrow.........I have school Monday and stuff to do. Nnot that much, dont worry but I also want to go to the feild tomorrow and fly. Also to train my dad..........but he has a pretty long way to go.

-joker
You're having too much fun with the mini vapor to paint, admit it!! You can get small 2oz bottles of paint at Michael's or Blick art and craft stores or if you can't find those stores, you can get some of the Apple Barrel or Folk Art paint at Wal-Mart to practice with for something like $2 a bottle. Make sure you don't pick the dustiest bottle on the shelf and it's unopened as if there are any lumps in it, they will clog the airbrush. And be sure to clean it well once you are done. and then just be creative and have some fun trying different things on something that doesn't matter
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mitchie is offline
Find More Posts by Mitchie
Registered User
Mitchie's Avatar
My airbrush should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to get started. I have a 1700mm Corsair to paint!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:00 PM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
My airbrush should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to get started. I have a 1700mm Corsair to paint!
one rivet at a time!! Good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
joker24458 is online now
Find More Posts by joker24458
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
joker24458's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
You're having too much fun with the mini vapor to paint, admit it!! You can get small 2oz bottles of paint at Michael's or Blick art and craft stores or if you can't find those stores, you can get some of the Apple Barrel or Folk Art paint at Wal-Mart to practice with for something like $2 a bottle. Make sure you don't pick the dustiest bottle on the shelf and it's unopened as if there are any lumps in it, they will clog the airbrush. And be sure to clean it well once you are done. and then just be creative and have some fun trying different things on something that doesn't matter
Fine...........ok, yes I admit it! Flying my Mini Vapor tons and tons of times every day (cold and winds have been keeping me inside....at least for flying ). Well, I have everything ready to airbrush, I got some paint from Hobby Lobby, I am just waiting for a day when I have time...........so much other stuff going on. School, planes, life, planes, Mini Vapor, planes..........see? I cant find any time to airbrush!

-joker

P.S. I fly the Mini so much (and other planes too........) that I rarely have any time to charge my DX7s . I am thinking about getting a better batt for it soon..........
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:28 AM
Nicoflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Nicoflyer
Pushing the envelope
Nicoflyer's Avatar
Hey just wanted to show you guys my paint job. I got the inspiration from the 1st post on this thread, thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:28 AM
GorillaBob is offline
Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Very nice!!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:46 PM
Nicoflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Nicoflyer
Pushing the envelope
Nicoflyer's Avatar
A more finished look. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330200.864184.jpg
Views: 148
Size: 120.4 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330338.737291.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 128.3 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359330367.172624.jpg
Views: 131
Size: 139.6 KB
Description:
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:09 AM
pounditracing is offline
Find More Posts by pounditracing
Registered User
pounditracing's Avatar
adreher,
I'm sure you covered this in the last 111 pages but what material did you use for making your stencel. I know you used craytex paint and i just wanted to make sure it was the same stufff as fascolor. I use it on my car bodies and wanted to make sure it would work on depron. thanks for your time and you have done a great job on this thread.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:30 AM
Nicoflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Nicoflyer
Pushing the envelope
Nicoflyer's Avatar
I like to use template making material, because it a lite plastic, fairly inexpensive,available in large sheets if needed and cuts easy. If you use card stock you can only use it one time and then the end gets bloated from the paint.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scratch builder's miniture miter at harbour freight splatman Scale Kit/Scratch Built 1 Dec 01, 2016 08:29 AM
Tips for Taking Videos? kelvin Electric Plane Talk 48 Apr 18, 2003 02:55 PM
Gimme some paint scheme ideas for the Pico Jet Pierre Audette Foamies (Kits) 7 May 23, 2002 09:32 AM
New Zagi 400x builder, any tips for me? slowflyer Foamies (Kits) 16 May 09, 2001 05:28 PM