This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2009, 08:01 AM
Wowplanes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwims01
Has anyone visited the wowplanes web sit? I want to buy some of this liquid sheeting, and Goggle isn't helping very much. It seems WP has closed their web sit or something. Or, where else can I get it?
Our ISP is having technical problems, and they are working on it. I will let you know as soon as the website is up again.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2009, 11:21 AM
Wowplanes.com
I am happy to inform you that the Wowplanes website has been fixed and is online again.

Fahim
Mar 12, 2009, 11:29 AM
Flyin Low
John - I missed your post. The Skyray is a scratch build from the links below. It was designed by Corsair Nut. I built it as a 28in WS. I put a LittleScreamers Supper Park Jet in it that is putting out 32oz of thrust and the plane weighs 24oz. Its all foam and 6mm depron. Check out the build links. The plane is fast and slow and has been very successful flier. Enjoy - Jay

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537052
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697467
Mar 15, 2009, 06:41 PM

My 2nd. Airbrush Job

I am not very creative so I saw this design on RCG and modified it a bit, so I can't take credit for the scheme. Painted with Creatix paints and a harbor Freight deluxe airbrush. Kudos to everyone on here that gave me great ideas. The plane is a Charger RC CR260, with an Edge wing that I hotwire cut and built for a friend.

RCNXS
Last edited by rcnxs; Mar 15, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Mar 18, 2009, 06:04 PM
Something Witty.
Thanks for all the tips in this thread. I feel this looks much better than my previous sharpie jobs. I know flames and checkerboards are probably a little cliche for you experienced painters, but this is my first time. Thanks again.
Mar 18, 2009, 09:05 PM
3DHS 'native'

Createx paint question

Anyone using createx water colors out there?

I have a spattering problem that I am not sure is the airbrush, a badger 350, or the paint.

Any help appreciated
Mar 20, 2009, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
Anyone using createx water colors out there?

I have a spattering problem that I am not sure is the airbrush, a badger 350, or the paint.

Any help appreciated
Creatix is all I use and don't have any problems and I haven't thinned it yet.

RCNXS
Mar 20, 2009, 07:20 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnxs
Creatix is all I use and don't have any problems and I haven't thinned it yet.

RCNXS
Shake the Creatix up well before use and you should be good to go. Also, I bet if you are in a cold room like a garage it might not be as smooth either. I just got my $15 harbor freight brush and used it the first time this week. Worked great. My paint job wasn't the best, but it is better than it was. Tried to paint a DW Foamies using WB Latex paint from a rattlecan and that was pretty much a no go. The airbrush did MUCH better. But due to the previous uglyness, I didn't spend a lot of time on the DW. Just some checkers on the wing and tail sections.

Diggs
Mar 20, 2009, 08:08 PM
3DHS 'native'
I need to try a new needle on this airbrush then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Shake the Creatix up well before use and you should be good to go. Also, I bet if you are in a cold room like a garage it might not be as smooth either. I just got my $15 harbor freight brush and used it the first time this week. Worked great. My paint job wasn't the best, but it is better than it was. Tried to paint a DW Foamies using WB Latex paint from a rattlecan and that was pretty much a no go. The airbrush did MUCH better. But due to the previous uglyness, I didn't spend a lot of time on the DW. Just some checkers on the wing and tail sections.

Diggs
Mar 20, 2009, 09:29 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
I need to try a new needle on this airbrush then.
You might try thinning it with a little rubbing alcohol/water mixture to thin it out.

Mark
Mar 21, 2009, 10:29 AM
Out the Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court461
Thanks for all the tips in this thread. I feel this looks much better than my previous sharpie jobs. I know flames and checkerboards are probably a little cliche for you experienced painters, but this is my first time. Thanks again.
Flames and checkerboards may be a cliche....but they do look great on an airplane!!! Nice job!

Ray
Mar 21, 2009, 04:12 PM
Fly 3D Mon!
Great tips in this thread guys. I'll have to add some of these the next time I get out my airbrush.
As far as Creatix paints...I've been using them in my Iwata brush with no problems. I agree with Diggs about the paint being cold not shooting as good. A quick way to fix this would be put the bottle of paint in a bowl of hot water. This will get it to flow really nice.
Mar 22, 2009, 06:21 AM
Crash and Burn

First time airbrush

I had a friend that had some old testors airbrushes and used $1.82 craft paint kept it simple the first time.
Mar 22, 2009, 04:18 PM
Crash and Burn

2nd try at airbrush

Stephens Akro fast and neat little plane this is my second one of these.
Mar 23, 2009, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account

Paint Is Weight!

I know everyone wants there plane to look good, but when you're dealing with foamies every gram counts, believe me. Performance should overtake looks, at least thats my motto. I've built several foamies and gave them all elaborate paint schemes and none of them compare to the ones I've built with no paint at all. I've even gone as far as to shorten every wire as much as I could and using minimal glue as possible, and the results are outstanding. Every gram counts!

Quick Reply