Jan 14, 2009, 01:54 AM
Thread OP
Video

Atlas Van Lines, Oberto & SuperVee Test Runs

This video is a compilation of the testing my father (Jim aka cyberhoops) and I have done with our boats at Lake Wilderness (South Seattle area). It was the first time we ran the Atlas and the turbine Oh Boy Oberto, so the testing for those boats were more of a trial run. The Atlas ran nearly perfect and was quite fast (ProBoat Blackjack motor), while the Oh Boy Oberto wasn't quite dialed in. The boat had some CG problems, as you might be able to see in the video when I gassed it and the nose popped out of the water. Unfortunately it was the last time we thought we would race the 1982 Oh Boy Oberto again. The right sponson ripped off shortly after we stopped recording, but has just recently been repaired (and improved - upgraded to a UL-1 motor). Stay tuned for more to come.....
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply