This thread is privately moderated by DownUnderPilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 11, 2009, 01:58 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
Thread OP
Gallery

My Planes

So here are some of my planes...

Parkzone P51 Mustang
The model I have flown the most - probably 500 flights. Now runs a Dynam 22-20L 200W outrunner. I also added a carbon spar to the wing, and servos for each aileron. Flies with great authority on props from 10x6 to 9x9. I put in an airspeed measurement (winged shadow) the other day and recorded 71 Km/h with the 10x6 prop and 121 km/h with the 9x9. With the 200+watts it flies how Parkzone should have made it in the first place.

Parkzone J3 Cub
This is one heck of a war horse with a range of motors being installed in it. The latest is a Ecoflight outrunner running a 8x4 prop and about 140 watts. I made the wing flat bottomed to cope with wind a little better and it goes well.

GWS A10
This has GWS 4600kv motors, 25A esc's and uses a Hyperion 3s 2500 LVX battery. Approx 400 watts. Enough thrust to fly vertically (almost unlimited). Pretty fast and can slow down nicely.

Slipso
By far the fastest model I own. Built from a kit after reading this thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625
Have a bit of trouble at the moment landing it in the space available at the local park, but a heck of a lot of fun to fly. Also the only model I've built that required zero trim adjustments on it's maiden flight. I plan to measure it's speed directly, but have dopplered it at 171 km/h. Have disabled the break on the esc so hopefully the prop windmills and slows the plane down on landing. Have not tried it yet... if this does not work, flaps are the go...

Silent Mite
Built from this thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht=silent+mite
This is my first 3D plane. So far I have learnt to do quite a few manouvers except hovering. Very nice plane to fly and actually handles the wind pretty well. I built it from 6mm EPP instead of 3mm as per the original plan.

Micro Mite
Built on a plan of the Silent Mite scaled down to 50%. Used epp and depron. AUW 130g. Flies very true. Runs a Hobby City 15g 1700kv motor and 7x4 prop.

Jetset44 F18 75%
This was my firast ever built plane from a plan. Powered it with a GWS outrunner, which was pretty crappy in all honesty. But it flew well. Now in "storage".

Jetset44 SU-37 75%
My second parkjet, built with 3mm and some 6mm depron. Powered with a Hyperion Z17 09 motor, which is incredible for its tiny size. Manages to push a 300g semi scale jet around the park at nearly 50mph! Also can fly extremely slowly, what with the delta wing and the canards on the front, maybe 5mph at very high angles of attack.

Model Gallery:
Last edited by DownUnderPilot; Jan 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply