Jan 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
Odd....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2009, 10:36 PM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
Odd....
I just tried again...no problem. I tried it from the post and from the you tube page and both worked for me. Is any one else having trouble with the video?
Jan 13, 2009, 10:41 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
tymbrewolf,

Both videos worked fine for me. I am not a computer expert but,you might try deleting your temp internet files and cookies to see if that will help.

TM
Jan 14, 2009, 03:30 AM
My plans are in my blog
At work these videos work well, but if I try to see some other vids from the vid threads here, all I see is pastel images.
Jan 14, 2009, 07:26 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Perfect timing, I've been wondering what to build for combat at E-Fest next month. No EPP on hand so it will be depron. Battery limit is 800mah and you want to use the biggest battery allowed (not that I've yet made it to the end of the combat round ) The PBF with all it's wing area should carry the additional battery weight fine.

Azarr
Jan 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
Pug Pilot
Dan,

I can't wait to build this one. Thanks for letting me fly yours last weekend. It was a lot of fun to fly. It reminds me a lot of the Firefly, but a lot more floaty, and a lot more nimble. This is will definitely be my new "go to" plane for just relaxed, do anything you want fun-fly plane. Thanks for sharing your design.

Mark
Jan 14, 2009, 08:42 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Lead, one might think by moving those bottom gear/fins to the back of the plane , control in highA would be ,perhaps slightly better...a simple wire gear on the front,you can use the noseweight eh? Or for more noseweight, replace that CF with a wooden dowel,arrowshaft, or even a piece of Wire... ???? Great PBF Dude!!!!!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 14, 2009, 11:24 AM
My plans are in my blog
We got ou PbF planes almost done. We're inserting the electronics now, and hope to have them done tonight, or by tomorrow. We'll post pics soon.
Jan 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
Winging it Ò>
GP, thanks for the kudos! The plane really isn't tail heavy, that's how I like to trim it for indoor flying...nice and slow. If I wanted it to fly faster I would just move the battery forward and/or take some of the up elevon out.

For outdoor I would definitely trim it faster and use a bigger battery. For indoor flying I was flying with a tiny 2s 360 battery.

Rusty, looking forward to seeing the pics.
Last edited by leadfeather; Jan 14, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Jan 14, 2009, 11:31 PM
Bit confused on your drawings it's 1.3 by 6mm but on the pdf plans its 9mm. Dose not matter all I have on hand is 1.9 9mm so I guess it will fly faster an take a better beating.

P.S My flying skills are minimal.
Jan 14, 2009, 11:42 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Hi All,

I really appreciate that Leadfeather trusts me to do this for him. It is fun colaborating to bring quality plans for great flying models to this forum.

Thanks Dan,

Ken
Hey Ken,

Once again excellent job on the plans! You have out done yourself on these. Plenty of detail and all of it contained on the templates. Thanks again for providing this invaluable service.

TM
Jan 14, 2009, 11:45 PM
Ken's CAD Models

Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfisher
Bit confused on your drawings it's 1.3 by 6mm but on the pdf plans its 9mm. Dose not matter all I have on hand is 1.9 9mm so I guess it will fly faster an take a better beating.

P.S My flying skills are minimal.
Hi Skyfisher,

Good catch on the plans. Both Dan and myself missed it. I have corrected the plans for those future builders. Should have read 6mm, not 9.

Ken
Jan 15, 2009, 02:02 AM
My plans are in my blog
Here are some pics of Adam's, Nic's and my PbF planes. Nic's is a UFO type, with a MiG 15 fuselage, whereas Adam's and mine are modified Leadfeather PbF planes. we didn't put the cf rod as a bumper up front, but figure the prop is protected well as is.
Adam's and mine are ready to maiden, and hopefully we'll do so soon.
Jan 15, 2009, 06:48 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Rust, is that a MigBall??? Cool idea !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jan 15, 2009, 07:10 AM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Here are some pics of Adam's, Nic's and my PbF planes. Nic's is a UFO type, with a MiG 15 fuselage, whereas Adam's and mine are modified Leadfeather PbF planes. we didn't put the cf rod as a bumper up front, but figure the prop is protected well as is.
Adam's and mine are ready to maiden, and hopefully we'll do so soon.

Looking good! Are you going to be able to post some video?

Quick Reply