Jan 12, 2009, 11:27 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
I had the chance to fly leadfeathers PbF this past weekend and it was a great little flyer. We actually were fortunate enough to fly two different venues. There were lots of great comments from those who were observing and those who had the opportunity to actually fly the PbF.

I can honestly say leadfeather has done it again, and as usual he has engineered simplicity into this awesome little flyer. This would be a great plane to start with for anyone getting started with indoor flying. With its debut this weekend a wide variety of folks with different skill levels were very pleased with what the PbF had to offer.

Thanks again Dan for a great design!

I do have one concern and that is with the PbF now complete and maidened, I can't figure out what is taking lead so long to post a new design.

TM
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2009, 04:38 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Dan ...What is your next plane...? and TM...Whats stopping you designing a plane?
Jan 13, 2009, 05:25 AM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Dan ...What is your next plane...? and TM...Whats stopping you designing a plane?
David,

For the next little while I'm planning to focus on refining the Yak and also learning how to fly it well. This plane is capable of so much more than I currently am.

The PBF is done...really I cant think of anything I need to change. Here is the video. Trouble Maker was the camera man, thanks Mark! I was not able to edit the video, so it is raw and includes a bit of other stuff too. If I can figure out how to get it into Windows Movie Maker I'll tidy it up and re-post. I hope you enjoy watching as much as I did flying.

PbF Cool Pizza Box Flyer (9 min 21 sec)
Last edited by leadfeather; Jan 13, 2009 at 06:10 AM.
Jan 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
My plans are in my blog
LF... This video is a good one, some good explaination it it, which I liked. Nic and I took inspiration from this thread to do two PBF's, both with the recessed motor mounts (which is an excellent idea). I didn't realize you had rudder on this, so I intend to re-do mine with a rudder. I like how it flies this way. We've doing ours smaller by a few inches for smaller electronics. Nic chose the round UFO type wingset, while mine is a modified rectangle type. We'll post pics when we can. Thanks.
Jan 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
Account Closed.

What does it weigh?

With a 460 mah, where does it come in?
Jan 13, 2009, 01:15 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
I'm surprised that frank (Goldguy) hasn't put an appearence here, he is a big PBF fan...
Jan 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
Winging it >
Rusty, looking forward to your pictures, good luck.

Slobuild,with a 2s 360mAh it weighs 189 grams. Could have been a little lighter but I rushed it through using hot glue.
Jan 13, 2009, 05:23 PM
My plans are in my blog
I went a re-drew the plans (its so simple, I'm not sure plans are needed) to add a rudder, and will re-cut the foam tonight. I like how this new one looks, so I'm hoping it will fly correctly. Thanks for the inspiration to continue with build projects. I was experiencing a two month loss-of-interest with building and this helps get me going again.
Jan 13, 2009, 05:49 PM
Ken's CAD Models

Released Plans with Build Instructions

Hi All,

I really appreciate that Leadfeather trusts me to do this for him. It is fun colaborating to bring quality plans for great flying models to this forum.

Thanks Dan,

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Jan 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Corrected plans for misidentified material thickness
Jan 13, 2009, 07:19 PM
Winging it >
Great job on the plans Ken! Thank you very much.

Rusty, I'm glad to hear this little guy inspired you. I'm going to be building another one for a friend. I'm thinking of doing a cool camo paint scheme.
Jan 13, 2009, 07:36 PM
My plans are in my blog
The Gee Bee R-3 project got me started, but the PbF got me moving FAST. Nic says he'd check with the school principal if we can fly in the gym (He gave permission last year, but we didn't go). We're looking forward to this time though.
Jan 13, 2009, 08:15 PM
Into the Wild Blue Wonder
I tried flying it indoors, but the wife kicked me out!

So Im stuck with outdoors. And there's so little time for sunlight, that I must fly at work. (dont tell the boss! )

I had some troubles with the wire LG...it probably best suited for indoors...so I added some wheels instead. Then it had trouble staying in High alpha...so I removed the wheels.

Justa fun video..no expert flying...just trying to keep it from crashing into the ground.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983629

Jasta
Jan 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
Dan, I keep getting video no longer available. Just me?
Jan 13, 2009, 09:16 PM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasta_66
I tried flying it indoors, but the wife kicked me out!

So Im stuck with outdoors. And there's so little time for sunlight, that I must fly at work. (dont tell the boss! )

I had some troubles with the wire LG...it probably best suited for indoors...so I added some wheels instead. Then it had trouble staying in High alpha...so I removed the wheels.

Justa fun video..no expert flying...just trying to keep it from crashing into the ground.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983629

Jasta

Jasta, that was a fun video, I haven't heard that song for a long time, it fit the video really well.
Jan 13, 2009, 09:32 PM
Winging it >
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbrewolf
Dan, I keep getting video no longer available. Just me?
Both Jasta's and mine just worked for me.

Quick Reply