This thread is privately moderated by dee-grose, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2009, 11:21 AM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Thread OP
Discussion

My EZone Reviews

Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale ARF Review - (January 8, 2009) Here's a review that has been in the works for 30+ years. Really! When I was a kid, Dad owned a Champ just like this one. I logged many hours in the back seat of that fine example of aviation history. Fast forward to the present and read my review of the exciting new Pilot-1 Champ 1/8 Scale ARF, available from Hobby-Lobby.

HobbyZone Super Cub LP (with Wheels and Floats) Review - (July 13, 2009) Are you looking for a plane to teach yourself how to fly RC? Or are you looking for a nice, relaxing plane that is fun to just cruise around? Maybe you're wanting to give float-flying a try? Well, the new Super Cub LP from HobbyZone is just the ticket. Add the optional float set and you're ready for some serious fun splashing around the pond. In my review, I cover how the plane handles on both the wheels and the floats. Check it out...and then go buy one for yourself!

EZ-XPORT Module Review - (September 9, 2009) Here's a review on a nifty little product that is sure to raise the excitement levels in your RC flying. For those that are familiar with the HobbyZone X-Port modules and the fun that can be had with them, you'll be glad to see this little device. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click on to see what you're missing out on!

E-flite Stearman PT-17 15e ARF Review - (January 26, 2010) If you've ever had the itch to get a scale biplane, you really need to consider the Stearman PT-17 from E-flite. With very nice scale looks and super nice flying characteristics, the Stearman is sure to please.

E-flite T-34 Mentor 25e ARF Review - (April 2, 2010) Next up is another warbird, but this time it's a Navy trainer. I've always liked the T-34 design, and E-flite delivers a wonderful sport-scale model of the Mentor. This model is equipped with a Power 32 motor running on a 4S Lipo battery. It has some serious power and is a hoot to fly!

HobbyZone Champ RTF Review - (July 2, 2010) Yep, here comes another Champ review from Andy Grose. What can I say, the Champ is a great-looking airplane that has really taken a back seat to the Cub in the RC modeling world. Thankfully HobbyZone has released an easy-to-fly RTF Champ that looks fabulous. Aimed at beginner pilots, the Champ RTF is sure to offer rookies and veterans many hours of flying fun. Go get yourself a Champ!

ParkZone Night Vapor RTF and BNF Review - (September 23, 2010) So how do you make a cool little plane like the Vapor even cooler? Well, for one thing you can throw some bright LEDs on it. How about improve the airframe to make it easier to replace parts? ParkZone has done both with the Night Vapor. Check out the article and watch the videos if you want to see what kind of fun you can have with the Night Vapor!

Soaring Circuits CAM (Competition Altimeter for Models) Review - (February 21, 2011) What in the world is a CAM, anyway? Well, if you want to compete in the new ALES class of sailplane competitions, you better pick up one of these puppies. The CAM is a little device that you install in your electric sailplane to limit the altitude at which you can run your motor. Basically, it will kill your throttle when you get to the preset altitude. That can be very handy for giving everybody the same launch height in a contest. Click the link, read the article, and go get yourself a CAM!

E-flite Aeronca Champ 15e ARF - (November 11, 2011) Hey, I never said I wouldn't do ANOTHER Champ review, did I? You guys have got to check out the latest scale offering in E-flite's Platinum Series of airplanes. Finally somebody has nailed the scale outlines and details of the classic Champ in a model that flies as good as it looks. Click over and take a read!
Last edited by dee-grose; Nov 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2011, 04:35 AM

Pt-17

I know you posted a review about the E-Flite P-17 a few years ago, could you tell me if there is any thrust angle built into the firewall. Im rebuilding one that was missing the motor box. By your pictures everything looks pretty square.

Quick Reply