Jan 08, 2009, 04:56 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Riva Aquarama

Hi - I've just purchased a 35" Riva Aquarama (Vietnam build I assume) which is rc with twin motors, esc and R/c included. Does anyone have any knowledge of its internal setup, battery size and type etc. On getting home - we became aware that there wasnot instruction guide/manual/specifications in the box and despite asking the supplier a number of times, I haven't had any luck.

I've already been 'caught' with an Equipage unit falling apart before it has hit the water and now sadly - it seems that I'm about to experience another waste of money.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to give.

cheers Cabba
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2009, 08:53 AM
Retired for now
Morning Cabba; Could you post some pics of the boat and it's insides? Hope you don't have the "Equipage" experience again. What would be the difference between the RTR and a kit of the Riva if one is available?
I've always felt that the satisfaction of building a boat or anything else far surpasses the out and out buying of a commercially built model. You just never know what effort and expense was put into an RTR as opposed to building the model yourself. At least if you build it and have a problem you'll know what the problem is and be able to fix it. Pete
Jan 08, 2009, 11:54 AM
USA'd ex Brit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabba

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to give.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978336

Jan 08, 2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesup
"It's like deja-vu all over again!"
Jan 09, 2009, 03:15 AM
Aero-, I didn't realize ol' Yogi was a model boat builder!
Jan 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Thanks to all for the response. To answer a couple of points - I have been lucky to build a number of boats from off shore racers (in the 70's) to scale tugs and freighters. Still have a tug and large trawler plus two 4' tugs under construction. Just really wanted a couple of woodies for fun with the grandchildren and but as things go - I'm out of touch with what's current in RC boating. Bust I do agree with you that building provides both achievement and real pleasure.

Pictures to follow but am interstate at the moment. We actually got the re hatch off and looked inside - somewhat scary and certainly not reflective of the external finish. After removing the two 2" screws holding down 4" square battery cover when found wiring laying over the prop universals and wires joined with sticky tape. A 6v sealed battery with a toshiba 'lap top' 18v power supply provided as a battery charger. Not proportional control even though the web site pics show an esc and whats appears to proportional control in the video. Starting it up resulted in a noise reminiscent of WW3 which seems to suggest alignment issues, lack of lubrication or whatever. The inside does not appeared to be sealed so that presents another issue.

So we live and learn. But I will post some pics on the weekend. Thanks again

Quick Reply