Old Jan 08, 2009, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by dubhouse
Question

bird shaped glider ?

Does anyone know of any gliders kits that are meant to look like birds ? I'd like my slope glider to look like a hawk or something. I've seen those dinosaur bird gliders but they are way pricey and aren't actually birds.

-tavis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2009, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by foamdave
skumgummi dave
dubhouse:

Check this out.......

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950519

Dave-
Old Jan 08, 2009, 04:09 AM
Find More Posts by wingsnapper
The alula is nice forward swept flying wing.. Looks pretty "birdlike" at a distance.
Old Jan 08, 2009, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by chan1pro
JTZ
EPP Eagle is a fantastic flyer, it thermals very well and flies great as a slope soarer. Crows love to try and attack it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...701120&page=61
Old Jan 08, 2009, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by papermache
In the Dunes
Dub,
If you're in the mood to scratch build something, airage has a 65" span Turkey Vulture (plan # FSP0602 available through rcstore.com for $19.95). It looks pretty realistic and if it flies even 1/3 as good as the real thing it would be worth it.
If you want to attract birds as you fly, a buddy of mine has an old Hobby Shack Ridge Runt, all white except for a yellow "beak" nose block and large black/yellow/white "eyes" on either side of the canopy. He's always got a flock of gulls following him around. It's all about having fun.

papermache
Old Jan 08, 2009, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by dubhouse
thanks for all the suggestions !
Old Jan 09, 2009, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by papermache
In the Dunes
dub,
Another one I just thought of. An outfit called Birdworks put out a small glider that looked like a seagull. They called it "R/C Gull" I think. I'm pretty sure they're out of business, but maybe somebody knows if someone else picked up their designs. Maybe a "wanted" ad on this site might bring some results.

papermache
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:17 AM
Find More Posts by jp.electrik
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n

Found one

I have been looking hard for a "BIRD LOOKING" kit for over a week now. Scooped out lots of links, some found on this thread. Lots of dead ends; web sights closed, Birdworks out of business, plans for scratch builds , and a few that just weren't good enough. The EPP Eagle is cool, but shipping from Taiwan was like forty bucks and boy that's a long way for a box to travel, intact, if you know what I mean. My favorite was the Peregrine Falcon which has it's own thread under "EPP Peregrine Falcon and other bird planes" Topic; Scratch builds. Lee and son TJ are constantly developing new designs and are offering the Falcon as a kit @ $70.00. tried for a couple of days and got a response back, THEY HAVE SOME IN STOCK! They also have some other kits in stock but I snatched up this one, check it out it is awesome!! This is a very long link (lots of interest) to see the Falcon go to the start, page one of something like 20.
Their e-mail is there... crashtesthobbys@gmail.com I think.
Bet you'll love it I hollered Yippie!! after a very long search.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:32 AM
Find More Posts by nmasters
internet gadfly
"Sudanfalk " has a nice falcon like silhouette
Old Jan 10, 2009, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by jp.electrik
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmasters
"Sudanfalk " has a nice falcon like silhouette
Large and huge!! I do see it is a scratch build. A bit daunting for me at this point. Thats why I went to so much trouble looking for a kit.