Jan 06, 2009, 04:38 AM
Trader Rating: 95
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thread OP
Alert

I'm going to be down and out for hopefully a ..............

short period of time. I have a heart cath scheduled for later this morning and not sure where this is headed. I have checked back through my posts and haven't found any uncompleted deals and don't recall any. But with mad cow settin in I want to make sure and cover my bases. I have showed my wife how to long on here and check my PM's so if I happen to forget anything I can be reached by PM.

Hopefully I will be back on here posting my Blow hard over infated and usually unsolicited opinions sooner rather then later.

Wish me luck,
Mike
Last edited by mtdoramike; Jan 13, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2009, 04:53 AM
Trader Rating: 121
Full throttle baby!
Only got to see your one post Mike, but I wish you the very best results on your heart catheterization and look forward to chatting with you some more.

I know I just finished up some elective surgery and like any surgery procedure, mentally preparing yourself for the very best results and insisting that only positive will flow through your body makes the biggest difference!

Shoot me a PM when you get out......I'd like to hear your doing well!

Take care,

Tim
Jan 06, 2009, 07:34 AM
Trader Rating: 330
Mike,
Wishing you the best! Health & Family are the most important things we have. Take care of both and know we're pullin' for ya over here. Not a religious man myself but I'll still say a few words in your favor just in case the big guy is listening.

Went through CC a while back and lost a bunch of important parts so I know first-hand that Doctor stuff is no fun at all! Be your own advocate and don't hesitate to question that which you do not understand or feel isn't right for you. Would have lost much more should I not have questioned and fired the first Surgeon. He wanted to take 1/2 a lung just in case! Going on 7yrs later and that little spot in the lung no longer shows in the CT!

Hang in there buddy!
Best regards,
Xwing
Jan 06, 2009, 08:06 AM
Trader Rating: 138
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
Good luck Mike... all will be well

Mark
Jan 06, 2009, 01:56 PM
Trader Rating: 78
I fly, therefore I am.
Good luck, Mike. Hope all goes well.....
Bil
Jan 06, 2009, 10:53 PM
Trader Rating: 334
Angering mobs since 1980.
Best wishes Mike. It's the blow hards like you that keep the winds in the sails of the good ship RCG!

--
Mike N
Jan 07, 2009, 12:33 AM
Trader Rating: 181
Blew out my flip flop
Good luck Mike!!

BTW, Mt Dora?? There's no mountains in fla....wassup with that???
Jan 07, 2009, 08:18 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thread OP
Alright guys, I'm back home this morning. They released me late last night after an all day stent at the hospital. The good news is, they has been no change in my condition other then a little more memory loss hahahahahaha!
I had been sweating bullits for the past few days over this. I have had 4 other caths in the past and each time there wasn't any good news afterwards. So I was thrilled with yesterdays results.

Now comes the not so good news. Unfortunately there wasn't anything that the docs could do about my persistant angina pain. I have two stents already, but the blocked arteries causing the pain aren't elligable for bypass and to small for stenting. So bottom line, no real relief here.

But they are going to start me on a new treatment called ECP which is like a huge blood pressure cuff and goes around my lower body and inflates and deflates with my heart beat to force blood through the arteries to open them up. It's a faily new thing around here and takes about 7 weeks, 5 days a week for an hour a day. Bad news is the insurance company doesn't reconize this type of procedure so they will only cover about half the cost. So the other $1200.00 is out of pocket. there goes my hobby money for awhile. But if I can get a little relief it will be money well spent.

Thanks for the kind words guys, well wishes and prayers, this may have had something to do with yesterdays results.

Happy Flying
Jan 07, 2009, 08:20 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
Good luck Mike!!

Wellllllllllll, theres actually a grassy noll in the middle of town that city hall sits on top of that has like a 30 foot elevation. I think the name was supposed to be more of a hahahaha then actuality.
Jan 07, 2009, 12:18 PM
Trader Rating: 78
I fly, therefore I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
Good luck Mike!!

There's a central Florida ridge that comprises a long string of "mountains." Really hills though. I live on the side of one. Feels like a mountain when you're walking up the thing....
Jan 07, 2009, 01:20 PM
Trader Rating: 140
Seeing the Farside.
Good Luck Mike!!!
Jan 07, 2009, 01:33 PM
Trader Rating: 233
1 paycheck away from homeless
Mike I just saw this thread. I'm glad you came out OK. I hope the new procedure works good for you. And don't worry about the money. Your health & quality of life are more important. One blow hard to another... I wish you the best.
Jan 07, 2009, 11:52 PM
Trader Rating: 25
sKrude up, Rejected!
Mike,
I hope your medical issues disappear with winter, and spring finds you in good health.
Dave.
Jan 09, 2009, 11:53 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Mike, throwing positive vibes your way!
Jan 09, 2009, 12:17 PM
Trader Rating: 555
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdoramike
Alright guys, I'm back home this morning. They released me late last night after an all day stent at the hospital. The good news is, they has been no change in my condition other then a little more memory loss hahahahahaha!
I had been sweating bullits for the past few days over this. I have had 4 other caths in the past and each time there wasn't any good news afterwards. So I was thrilled with yesterdays results.

Now comes the not so good news. Unfortunately there wasn't anything that the docs could do about my persistant angina pain. I have two stents already, but the blocked arteries causing the pain aren't elligable for bypass and to small for stenting. So bottom line, no real relief here.

But they are going to start me on a new treatment called ECP which is like a huge blood pressure cuff and goes around my lower body and inflates and deflates with my heart beat to force blood through the arteries to open them up. It's a faily new thing around here and takes about 7 weeks, 5 days a week for an hour a day. Bad news is the insurance company doesn't reconize this type of procedure so they will only cover about half the cost. So the other $1200.00 is out of pocket. there goes my hobby money for awhile. But if I can get a little relief it will be money well spent.

Thanks for the kind words guys, well wishes and prayers, this may have had something to do with yesterdays results.

Happy Flying
If ya need a little help with parts or something I'm here for ya

Randy

Quick Reply