Jan 05, 2009, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

May 2 **** 9th Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza***

9th Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza
TX
5/02/09 - Sherman, TX (C) 9th Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza. Site: Club Field. Joe Denney CD, 1304 Blanton Drive Sherman TX 75092 PH:903-819-5843 email: [email protected]. Visit www.texomarc.org. This is a fly in for all electric powered aircraft. RV's welcome, electric hookups only, $15 landing fee includes lunch. Pilot meeting 9am. Sponsor: TEXOMA RC MODELERS

Come on come all. Great flying for all. thanks...Joe
Last edited by jed1d; Jan 06, 2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Possible misunderstanding
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2009, 11:38 AM
Thread OP

9th Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza May 2nd

Two pilots will bringing their FPV planes and gear at this year's flyin. Demonstration flights will be made and equipment will be shown. Come and watch all the fun. thanks...Joe
Feb 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
I guess you must be AMA as well?
Feb 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
Thread OP

Texoma RC Electric Extravanga May 2

Yes, we are an AMA sanctioned event. An AMA membership is required to fly at the event. One of the reasons that we do this is for the libility aspect. You can join before the event or sign up at the event. We always have many different planes and pilots that come. If you want to see what is being flown in the electric world, then come to the 9th Annual Texoma RC Electric Extravanza.

We will have a FPV pilot coming also. This is the "virtual reality" type flying where the pilot wears googles to fly his plane, as if he is in the copit while flying. thanks...Joe
Mar 07, 2009, 09:02 PM
Thread OP

May 2 Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza

Confirmation:
A DX6i transmitter will be a prize in this year's flyin. Come and join in the fun. thanks...Joe
Mar 07, 2009, 10:27 PM
Go ahead... Build it to crash!
I reckon I should be able to make it again this year. Although I will have a 1 month old at that time, so we'll see how the wife feels about me going out of town.
Mar 07, 2009, 11:14 PM
Thread OP

Great,
Hope to see ya here. We had a great group of pilots last year, even from La. and Ok. Lots of good flying and different planes to see.
One pilot is bringing his FPV plane and equipment, I am really looking forward to see him fly.
thanks....Joe
Mar 08, 2009, 01:35 AM
Cool. Just make sure you secure your popup tent well. At least my wifes car won't be there. I don't give a [email protected] about my paint job. BTW we never did get that buffed out. She pretty much forgot about it after a while.

I'm sure Patrick will be there with batteries as well.
Mar 09, 2009, 01:15 PM
Thread OP

May 2nd Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza

You come and I will pay your landing fee. You can't beat that deal. To those who want the deal, then let me roll my canopy on your car. See ya in May. thanks...Joe
Mar 09, 2009, 02:10 PM
LOL,
You don't need to do that. I appreciate the offer though. I just had to mess with you as we hadn't spoken since October. No worries. I've already cleared it with the wife. I'll be there.
Mar 09, 2009, 11:08 PM
Thread OP

Great, we look forward to seeing you again. I just maidened my T 28 Sunday, and it was a blast.
Right now, I feel like I have too many planes, and not enough time to fly them. I may reduce my fleet.
Looking forward to seeing Xcite batteries again.
thanks....Joe
Mar 09, 2009, 11:16 PM
Sounds good. Pat has some new stuff, so I'm sure everyone will enjoy that.
Mar 10, 2009, 01:42 PM
Will anyone be doing a video of the event? I know one was done a few years ago. Always interested in videos of electric events.

BM
Mar 15, 2009, 10:35 PM
Thread OP

May 2nd Texoma RC Electric Extravaganza

I will try to find someone to video the event. I know we will have lots of camera there taking pictures. Last year, one pilot flew and took a video of a large flock of T-28's flying together. thanks.....Joe
Mar 30, 2009, 07:15 AM
I'm hoping to attend. Always a fun event.

Oh...here's two aerial views. As you can see, there's not much space to fly.

Steve

Quick Reply