http://cgi.ebay.com/DVR-Hidden-Camer...DLCA%26ps%3D63
this link is without mini SD card, but i bought mine with a 2go mini sd card
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2009, 02:26 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
Is it the same as like these ones?
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale+car+...-price-up.html
Dec 09, 2009, 02:47 PM
Actually I was rounding up....mine was £8.61 which is only $13.98 at the moment...including postage :P

I got the version with the TF/MicroSD card slot as the biggest problem people have had with is with the ones with built in memory...the memory on some of them has been a bit shoddy and not very reliable.

You can never quite tell what version you will get as it seems there are several different factories making almost identical cameras, but they more or less seem to all be good.
Dec 09, 2009, 06:05 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
yay for Dr. Zoidberg shame the show was cancelled
I see I think I will bite the bullet and put in an order for 2 different kinds perhaps just one this xmas
Dec 12, 2009, 07:04 AM
Maiden my binary 900 today ....

It is my first DLG and its surely an exciting feeling seeing it launching vertical with my lame turn throw ....

Total throw today = 30 throw and now my shoulder is sore and my left leg is feeling the hit .. heheh ... but its worth it ..

Some extra practise will make the throw to be more precise in term of its launching ..

As a whole .. a nice little bird to experiment with .

-sam
Last edited by acurusaragon; Dec 12, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
Dec 13, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hey guys,

Me and three others split the postage costs and brought some into Aus - worked out quite well at a tad under AU180 each.

On two of the models (I didnt see the other two) there was a small quality issue with a curvature (S-shaped) on the trailing edge of the one of the wings (at the joiner). Not the best but mine mostly went away when i glued the wings together (i ended up splitting the trailing edge and re-glassing). Not the best but okay for a model of its price. Did anyone else have this issue?

Mine ended up at about 135grams (my cheap digital scales range from 134-136) grams. I used 3x2.5gm Arrow servos, 1s 350mah lipo, Lipo booster (to 5v), ar6100e.

It flys great though - i didnt need any weight to balance it out. I have only done a "rough" balance but in a dive it maintains its heading - so i reckon the CG is good. Only just programmed in the camber and reflex so i'll test these out tonight.

I was paranoid about weight so i built light, always mopped up excess epoxy etc. Although i might have saved 15grams or so (7.5 grams just by going to a 2.5g servo instead of a 5gram servo, servo extensions using thin wire from an old computer mouse) - I dont think its going to have that much of an effect (i was getting lift in poor conditions yesterday). I might bump myself up to a 2s Lipo and a regulator just for that "peice of mind" factor.

I'm not totally sure what happens with the voltage booster once the lipo drops to a certain point. I'm sure its not going to be pretty though. In an hours flying i used about 80mah of the 350mah pack.

I got my lipo, voltage booster and servos from hobby city.

Thanks,
Rob
Last edited by millikenrob; Dec 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM.
Dec 16, 2009, 04:55 PM
Rob,

Could you post a link to the Booster you're using?
Dec 16, 2009, 06:21 PM
flying is not a dream
it must be this one:
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=7884

it works, but it consume Amperes.... you must take care about that

i use severals in helis or plane working in 1S with spektrum receivers.
(the spektrum receiver reboot when the voltage drop too much...)

finaly i keep all the instalation in 1S exept the receiver wich has 5V with the Vbooster. this solution give me more flight time with micro planes...
Dec 16, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yep that's the voltage booster
Dec 17, 2009, 12:15 AM
Thank you!
Dec 17, 2009, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj
it must be this one:
http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=7884

it works, but it consume Amperes.... you must take care about that
Hi Lebenj,

do you know how much current the booster itself uses, or what the efficiency is at DLG current draws (100-200mA)? I'm trying to find a booster to use with a 1s pack that will give more capacity than a 2s with linear regulator, but it depends pretty critically on the booster efficiency ...

Thanks,

Jony
Dec 17, 2009, 06:21 AM
flying is not a dream
hello, i did not make eficiency calculation, but my tests were very clear:

in my small flying wing, the motor time was reduced a lot when all the electronic was connected with the Vbooster.
when i changed and connect only the receiver (to protect me from reboot at full throttle), it was perfect...

i think that using a Vbooster in a small 1S plane is an error, because the lipo's voltage drop to much so the efficiency of Vbooster si bad. Also i was using small 100MaH lipo, which can't give a lot of amperes...

in a glider and with a bigger lipo (240 or 300 mah), it may be good, but you need to make discharge test to have an idea of the flying time you have.

also you must considere that the original Vbooster is about the weight of a lipo 1S 350 mah, so it can be more reliable to use a small 2S configuration with a regulador for just 3 grams more....
also a spektrum receiver and dymond D47 servos can be directly used with a 2S lipo without regulador but i never tried. in this case you have a very good power and speed on the servos, and really a little Amperes of consum (P=ui, so more V = less A for the same result)

now if we make some calculation:
if the Vbooster is perfect (and he is not ) if you need 5V 0,2A you will need 0,27A if your lipo is about 3,7V...

if the vbooster has an efficiency of 80%, you will consume 0,35A so 1 hour of flight time with a 350 mah 1S lipo.

in any case, you must test your discharge time....

in my binary 900 i'm using the original 4cell nimh battery 180Mah wich is 20,1 grams.
i have also a 17 grams 150ma (4 cell nimh from micro T) wich give me the possibilitie to mount an altimeter without changing too much the CG position!
Dec 17, 2009, 09:09 AM
lebenj,

Where did you find these small packs? 180 and 150 mah are so good, but i didn't find here in Brazil.
Are you using some PC backup battery?
Dec 17, 2009, 09:21 AM
flying is not a dream
the 180 pack is from peak hobby when i bought my binary

and the 150 back is from ebay. search by "LOSI LOSB0848"

regards
Dec 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj
hello, i did not make eficiency calculation, but my tests were very clear:
[snip]
Thanks Lebenj, maybe I'll get hold of one to test out ...

Quick Reply