Oct 14, 2012, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
power for size...

24" span from 3mm depron weight about 10 oz use 70-100W I use a blue wonder 1300kv 3 cells 8x4 prop or a 2200 kv 20gm ..3 cells 6x4ish..
30-38" span 6mm depron gets a bigger motor at about 150 watts... weight about 18oz....a 1000kv large bell on 3 cells 9x5 is what ive got
using even more power always is fine
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2014, 07:54 AM
Flying one day at a time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
Been thinking on this design of adding twin rudders on vertical fins for better high alpha control..thrust vectoring the old way here with control surfaces in the airflow..

I'm busy building the Nifty* at the moment - great design, by the way - but think this sounds like an excellent thing to experiment with. Its now on my build list

[* Nifty here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?t=1077013]

Dave
Apr 03, 2014, 04:33 AM
Below is my attempt at building a Superfly from Depron for my son. Time to paint now, I just have to decide on what scheme I should go for.

Apr 03, 2014, 04:37 AM
The little one is for my daughter. I have to figure out which UMX innards I should fit in it.

Apr 03, 2014, 11:01 AM
Planes are for trix
Looks like a real Superfly. Very nice build. Should fly great! Still one of the best flying deltas around.
Apr 24, 2014, 04:36 PM
Thread OP
videos please
Apr 27, 2014, 04:18 PM
I wasn't too happy with the maiden flight as the closest match I had as a battery was a pretty worn out 2S 850mAh that turned out too light to achieve right CG.
I ordered some 3S 1300mAh 45C and will post videos when I have a chance to try them out.
Sep 26, 2017, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy Steve
Hi guys! I've got two questions:

1) I've been building prop-in-slot delta's out of EPP foam for about a year, and have just LOVED the way they have performed. However, I'm always looking for "more performance".

Now, almost all of my deltas are pretty "flat" at the back end. Some have a little bit of a V, but only 1-2 inches. Has anyone made a delta with a BIG V in the back -- say 5 - 7 inches so that the plane is no longer a "prop in slot" plane, but rather an actual pusher? After reading about the better air flow from pushers vs. prop-in-slot, I'm thinking that this might be an improvement?

If you have any pix or plans, please post, along with your thoughts...

2) Had a control drop-out issue with my delta yesterday. Using a DX6I Tx and a Hobby King orange Rx. Flying about 100 feet away, and the bird just went dead -- no motor and no controls. Newly charged lipo, and freshly charged DX6I.

When it got to the bird, it was OK again -- had motor and elevon controls. Proceeded to fly it (somewhat nervously!) for another 5-7 minutes. No more problems.

Changed the lipo, and lost control again about 2 minuted into the flight. Worked the throttle lever back and forth, and got the motor to start back up before I hit the ground. Rest of the flight was uneventful....

Motor is a 1700 kv "blue wonder" with an 8 x 4 prop and the ESC is a 19 amp Proton. Should only be drawing about HALF the amps that the ESC can handle.

I was thinking "loose connection" but how could that kill both the motor AND controls?
And why would it "come back" all by itself?

I was thinking bad lipo, but I continued to use it for many more minutes without problem.

I was thinking bad ESC, but then why would I loose elevon function?

I was thinking radio interference, but I've never experienced that before with a DX6i.

Your thoughts ????

Thanks!
Also check the internal resistance of each cell in your battery. One bad cell can create havok.
Apr 25, 2019, 02:45 AM
Thread OP
DeltaV wings... pusher..
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...section/page10

I called these deltaV's because they combine the standard V wing with a delta shape... they are easily built to any size..

drop out problems????? test your esc... I had one doing the same..... change it out..
Sep 07, 2019, 02:25 AM
flyin' fool
Someone get out the bug spray? No flies or fleas anymore.

Building a simple tractor flattie version to experiment with the extra area compared to my true delta shapes.

Quick Reply