Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by FredericG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 02, 2009, 12:34 AM
Yippee!

A happy new year!

A happy new year to all !

At new year's eve I was thinking: what if I just install my camera on my MK and try to get footage of the fireworks the neighbors traditionally light in abundance? In the last days I installed leds on my MK, so night-flying should be possible...

I prepared all equipment and just after midnight I launched my MK. The flight went well. The resulting video is slightly disappointing. The darker it gets, the more noisy the image as the camera increases sensitivity. It also seems that my latest modification to feed the 12V camera from the main battery (instead of converting it to 5V and boost that to 12V) causes lots of banding, especially when the battery is starting to fade. I will experiment a bit and will possibly reinstall the 5V->12V booster.

After all, the end-result is not too bad. Without any doubt, I will have better equipment to get footage of the fireworks by next year!

Fireworks (2 min 44 sec)

Frederic
Last edited by FredericG; Jan 02, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts