Old Mar 05, 2003, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Kitsu

Am I wasting my time? (EDF-50 and old style Flying Styro F-16)

Hey,

Ok, so here goes. I have had an old style Flying Styro F-16 for over a year now, unbuilt. It cost me $20 bux so, I figure, what the heck.

I don't have the cash for a Vasa fan, so decided to give an EDF-50 a shot....

I figured 7 cell AAA nicd pack, small GWS RX, 2 cs-21's, 5amp esc.

So tell me, am I wasting my time?
Any tips appreciated (besides "build light")

~Andrew

Oh yea, I have the 5 bladed prop, and was going to do full flying stabs with servos directly attached.
Last edited by Kitsu; Mar 05, 2003 at 11:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2003, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by darmar

YES

don't ask why.

darmar
Old Mar 05, 2003, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by Phreakish
Nickel what?
I dont think the edf50 flies fast enough to keep the f-16 in the air... it just doesn't go to that speed...

am I right?

I had the same one, and any weight added to it, and it woudl fly like a brick, just gliding it with a roll of quarters made me chuck it... I just don't think its made for such slow flight..

you can go ahead and try, if you're that bored, can't hurt Never let naysayers get in the way of a good idea
Old Mar 06, 2003, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by Kitsu
I figured as much.....

Hopefully I won't kill it right away and can retrofit a pusher config later on...

But if it does fly you guys will know.
~A
Old Mar 06, 2003, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by mirageman2005

Flying Styro F-16

I had the same kit with a Vasa55 and the model motors brushless 16 turn and never did get it to fly well.I never did try to bungee launch the plane because I did'nt think it could take the stress without major reinforcement.The kit is so fragile as it is I only got about three good tries out of it before it was beyond repair.Next time around if I could find the kit for cheap I would'nt mind trying a cheap gear drive set up and making it A pusher prop.Just an Idea.
Old Mar 06, 2003, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
smug in granny panties

F-16

Mirage man has had enough of these to know hehe!

Barry

gimme a buz I got stuff to fly tomorrow
Old Mar 06, 2003, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by St. Martin
Big gov never Works

Re: Flying Styro F-16

[QUOTE]Next time around if I could find the kit for cheap I would'nt mind trying a cheap gear drive set up and making it A pusher prop.Just an Idea.

Barry,

....I got one....... cheap......
Steve