Jul 08, 2012, 12:59 AM
Shore Huckin'
Jake, you fly fine...you wood hucker you.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2012, 06:57 AM
Nahh. I just have big balls, not slick thumbs

I used to fly iMac and pattern, now I couldn't hold a strait line to save my life!

I hate to say it but I need a fatty to get my thumbs back, or a long in the a$$ foamy atleast :P
Jul 08, 2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake
Nahh. I just have big balls, not slick thumbs

I used to fly iMac and pattern, now I couldn't hold a strait line to save my life!

I hate to say it but I need a fatty to get my thumbs back, or a long in the a$$ foamy atleast :P
Sabre X-51. Not necessarily an IMAC plane but a most excellent 3D flyer.
Jul 08, 2012, 09:38 AM
It's on the list but I'm really in the market for another fliton extra
Jul 08, 2012, 11:20 AM
Shore Huckin'
Spaz posted a vid in the 51 thread. The plane looks like it flies great and would even give 3dhs a run for their money. :-)
Jul 08, 2012, 02:51 PM
A bro had one at LouisBro but he didn't do a lot with it because the servos wouldn't centre so he only flee it once.

It's so light I bet a good 40 would fly it well. A 46 would rock it! I'm not an e guy and never will be so it's all nitro or gas for me.
Jul 08, 2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
A bro had one at LouisBro but he didn't do a lot with it because the servos wouldn't centre so he only flee it once.

It's so light I bet a good 40 would fly it well. A 46 would rock it! I'm not an e guy and never will be so it's all nitro or gas for me.
I'm sure a 40 would rock this thing, I'm flying it with about 900 watts and it's definitely BroPowered. Would be interesting to see it on fuel. But you are a bit of an e-guy(on the Sabre 35).
Jul 08, 2012, 06:26 PM
If I could bolt on a 25 and not gain 4oz my 35 would be glow too
Jul 09, 2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
If I could bolt on a 25 and not gain 4oz my 35 would be glow too
That I'd like to see, I don't think the covering would stay on!
Jul 24, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well someone I admire told me to give E props a try again. I didnt like the 10-5e he uses but I found an 11-5.5e at the lhs for $2 so I got it.

All I said for the first 2 min of the flight was wow!

It had more thrust that the gws11-7 but none of the torque effects! It flat spins just as well. Torque rolls better And has all around better authority over the control surfaces.

Best of all the motor or esc doesn't get too warm, tho for some reason my 40c /80c burst 1300's get too hot.
Jul 24, 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Well someone I admire told me to give E props a try again. I didnt like the 10-5e he uses but I found an 11-5.5e at the lhs for $2 so I got it.

All I said for the first 2 min of the flight was wow!

It had more thrust that the gws11-7 but none of the torque effects! It flat spins just as well. Torque rolls better And has all around better authority over the control surfaces.

Best of all the motor or esc doesn't get too warm, tho for some reason my 40c /80c burst 1300's get too hot.
Hmmm, I have a bunch of these laying around, I'll have to give them a try when I get home. It seems like I have tried them before but I can't remember for sure, or what the results were.
Jul 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
This is NOT a TOY?

Hacker A30-22S?

Finally getting ready to put my Sabre35 together, after flying a buddy's recently.
Besides, I've had it for many weeks now... so it's about time

I find myself accumulating a lot of motors, used primarily to collect dust, it seems.
One in particular that I keep stumbling across is a Hacker A30-22s (70g 1440KV)
I figure to use either a 9x4.7 or 9x3.8 slow flyer prop, since I have 6+ of both sizes.

Have any of you flown that motor on this plane?
I have no doubt it will 'fly' it but if someone has performance observations I'd love to hear them.
I also have a Parkzone 15, and a few other 950-1200kv options but it the Hacker is suitable would like to use it
Aug 06, 2012, 03:18 PM
bustin the sabre in the back yard this morning

sabre35 in the back yard (3 min 30 sec)
Aug 06, 2012, 03:24 PM
what about this as a main gear option??

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/RcFacto...nding-Gear.htm
Aug 06, 2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
what about this as a main gear option??

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/RcFacto...nding-Gear.htm
I don't think they will work, if I remember from the buid thread they are flat across the top like a traditional gear on a full fuse plane. I believe they attach to a flat plate mounted to the horizontal part of the fuse on this plane. I could be mistaken but will check out the build to be sure. I've been looking for alternate gear ever since you brought it up a while ago and have had no luck so far. I'll keep looking and if I find something I'll let you know.

Quick Reply