Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 14, 2009, 07:30 AM
I really wish the video equipment manufacturers would come up with some new 900MHz gear (or maybe 5.8GHz, but there are other problems there). The best quality video stuff is on 2.4GHz since that's where all the development has been recently, but there are a LOT of people using 2.4GHz radios.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2009, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
comparings spects, the dx201 looks to be a pixim camera too, (pixim BDA-2500-32)

mmmmmmmmm ssassen, daniel wee said its something related to receiver in his video and not related to Antenna polarization: http://exposureroom.com/members/Dani...0bdacb76d7154/
Last edited by wallaguest1; Jan 14, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Jan 14, 2009, 07:45 AM
Suspended Account
Wallaquest1,

What's video polarization? I'm talking about *antenna polarization*, that's something entirely different. And since IF sells cheap Chinese off the shelf receivers using a Comtech module as their best offering I really don't think that they're qualified to comment, as they just rebadge stuff, they don't design or manufacture their own receivers.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jan 14, 2009, 07:49 AM
Suspended Account
Mr. Pibb,

Quote:
but there are a LOT of people using 2.4GHz radios.
A bit off topic, but yes, that's a problem. I'm working on 5.8GHz equipment, but one of the downsides there is the fact that it needs a proper setup to work well. And then there's other issues such as the far greater attenuation of the RF by your surroundings. Forget about dipping below a treeline a mile away, that'll kill the video.

I have 500mW and 1W 5.8GHz transmitters up and running here (our own development, not some rebranded Chinese build), but they're not ready for prime time yet, as goes for the 5.8GHz diversity receiver. But in Q2/2009 we hope to offer a full kit, so stay tuned (pun intended).

Cheers,

Sander.
Jan 14, 2009, 09:49 AM
Love anything RC
Well, I ordered the DX-201 camera from RangeVideo... I didn't want to but they are the only one that have it..... I just hope I don't have to wait weeks or months like other people have to get their orders

Ssassen, about 5.8GHz and since you guys got off topic what is the problem besides the angle of signal and cost with this system? I think that if I have something worth hundreds of $$$, I would certainly want to best equiptment I can get. With 900GHz and 2.4GHz, I've seen interferance if other pilots are around. You never know when someone is going to turn the radio on. A buddy flies using 2.4GHz VTX and as soon as I turn my TX on to fly, he gets many lines on his video... so that the effect of only one radio... imagine a few other dudes turning their TX on to fly

http://www.futurehobbies.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=53
Jan 15, 2009, 02:08 AM

Got my Dx201

Hi

Got my DX201 from Rangevideo and test it just indoor. I have a KX-131 and a IF OSC and the picture from the 201 camera looks much better for me. Also the adjustment features are very usefull. I hope i have some time the next few days to post a video from flying. I ordered 5-6 times from Rangevideo and had never problems with delivery times or anything else. My orders need only 4-5 days to Austria.

Reinhard
Jan 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
no video reinhardfreh ?

------------------------

ssassen about the left vertical lines, why you are so sure its something related to antenna polarization?
like daniel wee said me... if the cause was antena then shouldn't affect to the full image those lines?
Jan 18, 2009, 10:06 AM
So where's all the wonderful in-flight video of the dx201?
Jan 18, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hello

I made 38" of FPV video yersterday up to 1535 meters but its still on my recorder. Maybe tomorrow i find some time to upload it. So far its has the best image from the 3 cams i have. I used a 2.1mm lens instead the original 3.6mm. I will try the 3.6mm lens next time.

Reinhard
Jan 18, 2009, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Carlyle,

I posted some of mine already in a previous post, but haven't been out flying much after I shot that footage, hence I don't have much else to share.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jan 18, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Sander,

You have a video in post 21 of this thread. But I don't think you said it was directly from a dx201, rather a pixim reference camera design you were working on but using the same sensor as the dx201. If that's all this sensor design can do then I'm not impressed. The ground is way too dark. At that level of sunset, in reality the ground is much brighter and I would expect so on the video. But I suspect you were just testing some very basic firmware and haven't really optimized it yet, is that the case?

On rangevideo.com, Vova demonstrates the dx201 outside while looking into the sun and adjusting the parameters. But I'd like to see video from Vova or someone with it in-flight and fully optimized.
Jan 18, 2009, 01:29 PM
Suspended Account
Carlyle,

Well, yes, this is not the exact same camera, but all of the Pixim sensor based cameras I've seen thusfar are based on the same reference design and have similar menus and settings.

In my case this is just one of the first few flights I've done with this camera (I've only had it for a few weeks), and with the broad slew of manual settings there's a lot of room left for optimization. Do I feel my movie shows the best this camera is capable of? No, not really, as this was just a setting I picked which looked good on the ground.

I hope the weather clears up a little next week, so I can get some more flights in with different settings, unfortunately it has been raining most of the weekend, and I hate flying under those kind of conditions.

Cheers,

Sander.
Jan 19, 2009, 01:18 AM
Love anything RC
This camera has two black wires, one white and one red. How can I make to this servo ends to connect to my OSD? I imagine one of the black ones is working as the yellow (video) cable but how do I know which one?
The order is Black, White, Black and Red.
Jan 19, 2009, 02:47 AM
THINK SMALL
Just a guess but I would think both black wires are ground and the white wire is video.
Jan 19, 2009, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin703
This camera has two black wires, one white and one red. How can I make to this servo ends to connect to my OSD? I imagine one of the black ones is working as the yellow (video) cable but how do I know which one?
The order is Black, White, Black and Red.
Blacks are GND
Red is power
White is video

You can use only one GND wire, if you want.

Quick Reply