Feb 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
It looks like a great platform to carry a FlyCam or other small camera.
I have just about completed my build-out. I also have an easystar Have the following observations:

1. The cockpit is substantially smaller than easystar and will require some cutting to get in 3s lipo much less camara gear.

2. The "finish" on the foam is much nicer than the easystar. It has a hard glossy look.

3. the fact that the fuse is already glued makes it hard to add much reinforement by way of Carbon fibre.

4. Elevator has to be cut and rehinged to get proper deflection. I am also adding some area to the rudder and the elevator to get more throw.

5. I put reinforced packing tape on underside of wing and added a little hot glue to the wing servo mounts. but the wings seem very firm anyway

6. the motor makes a very high pitched whine which is annoying. but it will take a 6x 3 prop without modification and a 7x4 by just cutting off a tiny tip at each end of the prop.

7 Will try to add some carbon strips to reinforce the cockpit area after I cut it out to make it bigger

Will add white duct tape to the bottom to protect from landing and may add some type of foam "bumper" to the nose to protect from hard nose in landings
( I do this on my easystar as well.)
I will update this when I test fly it. That could take about a week.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2009, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't that duct tape add too much weight? Would clear tape not hold up on the bottom?

HC now lists motors for this, but they're only 810Kv and 1000Kv, but the product page for the Clouds Fly says the motor it comes with is 2100Kv. What's up with that?

As far as the motor mount, if they ever decide to offer it separately, could other brands of outrunners be mounted to it and would it work on an Easy Star?
Feb 11, 2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL
Wouldn't that duct tape add too much weight? Would clear tape not hold up on the bottom?

HC now lists motors for this, but they're only 810Kv and 1000Kv, but the product page for the Clouds Fly says the motor it comes with is 2100Kv. What's up with that?

As far as the motor mount, if they ever decide to offer it separately, could other brands of outrunners be mounted to it and would it work on an Easy Star?
I don't think a strip of duct tape on the bottom of fuse adds too much weight
Although i have not flown it yet, with the enlarged prop i modified to put on this thing has lots of power. I am new pilot & i need some protection for the plane. The rubber nose guard i put on my easystar saved me from a lot of repairs.
Feb 12, 2009, 10:01 AM
Can anyone here help me on how to mount the propeller. First prop plane.
Feb 14, 2009, 01:13 AM
Push it on the motor.
Feb 14, 2009, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4
Can anyone here help me on how to mount the propeller. First prop plane.
You push the prop on the shaft and wrap the small included black rubber band around the protruding screw heads to secure it.
Feb 14, 2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldrtaylor
You push the prop on the shaft and wrap the small included black rubber band around the protruding screw heads to secure it.

uhmm, can anyone post a closeup picture that shows everything boltet together, please
Feb 15, 2009, 07:49 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Something like this?

Feb 15, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Would it be news if I found these models avail for sale somewhere other then HC?

Would it be even bigger news if we can get them with reasonable shipping here to the USA?

Stay tuned.

Tommy D
Feb 15, 2009, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Would it be news if I found these models avail for sale somewhere other then HC?

Would it be even bigger news if we can get them with reasonable shipping here to the USA?

Stay tuned.

Tommy D
That would be terrific if the net price was less or comparable to HC
Feb 15, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldrtaylor
That would be terrific if the net price was less or comparable to HC
Agreed!
Feb 15, 2009, 08:15 PM
Wakka Wakka
Quote:

Stay tuned.

Tommy D
It'd be even better news if you found them in the UK I'd have one on order straight away...... Not much chance of that happening though.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Feb 16, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
Julian

I never said that this would be limited to USA customers only. Perhaps you might be able to get them even cheaper to the UK then I to the USA.

Stay tuned!

Tommy D
Feb 16, 2009, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Something like this?

Hi John

If your mounting that on a pusher it looks like you props on backwards.
Feb 16, 2009, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Julian

I never said that this would be limited to USA customers only. Perhaps you might be able to get them even cheaper to the UK then I to the USA.

Stay tuned!

Tommy D

Hugh, Im in the U.S. and was thinking about one of these...actually have it in my cart on HC just waiting for the feel good moment to click buy now...any hints as to your price? Feel free to PM details, I can keep the info to myself.

Quick Reply