Aug 31, 2012, 11:57 AM
Well finally moved the CloudsFly from the 35mhz Futaba 7C to the new 2.4ghz FlySky 9X with er9X firmware

The good think apart from migrating to 2.4ghz (not really a problem to me since nobody flies in my freq) is its inmensely superior capacity compared to the 7C and total flexibility..
I copied the programation of my HawkFighter and fine tuned for the Clouds.. the good think is that if my Clouds still keeps havinf that misterior rolling to right when under power only i can add a mix throotle->aileron to try to autocorrect it when using power ..or maybe i can use throotle->rudder since im thinking this might have to do with tail aligment (tought visually seems ok, but so do the wings and motor angle and it still keeps doing that)..

i can act on one aileron or both .. if i go with just one i think it would be better to "lower" the wing raising rather than "raise" the wing droping? (to avoid too much extra drag)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:36 PM
Argue for your limitations

push rod orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakstone View Post
Hmm, I really should take a look at that! I think they may be straight. Thanks for the tip
They should be straight (i.e. NOT crossed over). Both of my planes came that way and work fine after hundred's of flights. DO NOT change yours. It is correct the way it is. Go fly it and have fun.
AJ.
Aug 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
I miss read your comment "looking from the rear". Are you sure this is the case as the tubes from the rear both are aligned straight into the cabin area. If you look through the rear vent tube they are aligned straight and not crossed over. To be honest I think the rudder should be on the right hand side of the cockpit looking from behind.
+1. That is the correct configuration.
AJ
Sep 01, 2012, 02:05 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
If one were to replace the stock motor in the AXN....

What would be the best "plug and play" motor replacement to offer the most performance while still keeping cost reasonable (ie. under $30-35)?

Thanks,
-mike-
Sep 01, 2012, 02:49 AM

2 choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
If one were to replace the stock motor in the AXN....

What would be the best "plug and play" motor replacement to offer the most performance while still keeping cost reasonable (ie. under $30-35)?

Thanks,
-mike-
Stock motor replacement:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23615
Use 6x4E prop.
Significant Performance Increase:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12919
Motor mount must be modified slightly to accomodate "X" mount.
AJ
Sep 01, 2012, 07:28 PM
ANYONE HAD SUCCESS USING 4S in AXN with stock motor... I use a 60amp Hobby wing esc and on 1800 mah 20c 3s battery , motor and esc get barely warm cool after 10 mins of flight....So i was thinking of trying 4s 1600 mah 20c pack using same excact setup...Which if is'nt to much strain on stock motor should add around 20 mph i am guessing thanks
Sep 01, 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
I started as a beginner with the AXN a few weeks ago. Just had some training on a PC simulator before the launch. It's not so hard to handlaunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSe1Q6aFyEg
I am also a beginer and the AXN is the easiest plane to hand launch and fly...If someone can't learn to fly this plane they need to find another hobby...and when u are ready this plane can really move and do some nice stunts..Its a blast!
Sep 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Well finally moved the CloudsFly from the 35mhz Futaba 7C to the new 2.4ghz FlySky 9X with er9X firmware

The good think apart from migrating to 2.4ghz (not really a problem to me since nobody flies in my freq) is its inmensely superior capacity compared to the 7C and total flexibility..
I copied the programation of my HawkFighter and fine tuned for the Clouds.. the good think is that if my Clouds still keeps havinf that misterior rolling to right when under power only i can add a mix throotle->aileron to try to autocorrect it when using power ..or maybe i can use throotle->rudder since im thinking this might have to do with tail aligment (tought visually seems ok, but so do the wings and motor angle and it still keeps doing that)..

i can act on one aileron or both .. if i go with just one i think it would be better to "lower" the wing raising rather than "raise" the wing droping? (to avoid too much extra drag)
I mix Throttle to Rudder, not trim act. Works great on climb out.
Sep 02, 2012, 01:14 PM
If hobbyking could name the SkySurfer after Josh Bixler (great guy) they DEFENITLY should rename the AXN Floater "The Bruce" after Bruce Simpson (xjet, rcmodelrewievs)
I have never seen a guy promote something so much without getting a cent in return.
Shame on you Hobbyking.

I hereby propose we unofficialy rename the AXN "The Bruce"
Sep 02, 2012, 01:41 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theladon View Post
If hobbyking could name the SkySurfer after Josh Bixler (great guy) they DEFENITLY should rename the AXN Floater "The Bruce" after Bruce Simpson (xjet, rcmodelrewievs)
I have never seen a guy promote something so much without getting a cent in return.
Shame on you Hobbyking.

I hereby propose we unofficialy rename the AXN "The Bruce"
Well that seems a bit corny, how about the XJet?
Sep 02, 2012, 05:18 PM
I bought the AXN because of Bruce(xjet). I haven't put it together yet, but it looks great!
Sep 02, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just thumbing through...
I always thought that Clouds Fly was an odd name, but I like it better than "Bruce". Anyone that wants to honor Bruce can do that, but he would probably prefer a small contribution LOL.
Sep 02, 2012, 05:29 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYJIM View Post
I bought the AXN because of Bruce(xjet). I haven't put it together yet, but it looks great!
Same with me...Now my wife would like him to go away . Now I have 8 planes in various stages of flying and building.
Sep 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
ANYONE HAD SUCCESS USING 4S in AXN with stock motor... I use a 60amp Hobby wing esc and on 1800 mah 20c 3s battery , motor and esc get barely warm cool after 10 mins of flight....So i was thinking of trying 4s 1600 mah 20c pack using same excact setup...Which if is'nt to much strain on stock motor should add around 20 mph i am guessing thanks
If you get yourself a watt meter and hook it up to the 4S with the plane on the bench just run it up static for 2 or 3 seconds ... check the amps if the speedie will handle it then go for it!
Sep 02, 2012, 11:18 PM
Is there a build video or pictorial somewhere for the ARF version from HobbyKing USA? I have never pieced together a plane from components before and I would love to see how it's done.

I watched the 3 part YouTube video and it was great but I'm having issues like...

I can't flex Ailerons because they're already connected. Do I need to disconnect the servo arm/control rod to flex the hinge and then reconnect? What tiny tool is required to get that nut off?

Best method for cutting out the fuselage to fit my Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C? Hobby knife? Coping saw? Serrated knife from kitchen drawer? I know I'll need to place the battery as far aft as possible. Are we talking about setting it between the Ele/Rud servos?

Are the servos in the fuselage glued in or just in there snug? I need to pull them out to get access to the nut on the bottom of the arm so I can free the control rods to connect them to the horns on the tail. I'd hate to tug on them and break something.

I've got one of these 6 Ch Orange RX that I'll be using. The plug from the ESC goes onto the Throttle pins right? RUDD, ELEV, AILE are all pretty straight forward?

How about a photo or two of what a finished canopy/fuselage should look like? I need to understand the placement of all these components a little better.

I wish I had a local club I could get to. Sure would be nice to have some 'in person' help. This thread is great but it's a daunting task to scroll through countless pages just to find what's relevant to me and my build.

Quick Reply