Mar 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
high flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcclure440 View Post
The wings on my older AXN were broken so many times I decided what the heck and used it to make the first (maybe?) twin AXN during this winters boredom. Thus the crazy color scheme. The mid wing is carbon reinforced on bottom and made by joining the two inner wings of my original AXN as well as the stabilizer. 2rudder servos-2 stabilzer servos and original wing servos, lengthened and joined spar rod, basically two AXN's in one.

Using 2 Corona receivers with 2 ESCs and 2 lipos. Tried the one receiver method with 2 esc's with one data wire disabled but engines would not sync right no matter what I did. With 2 receivers they are now in Sync.....Now to see how well it flies. I'am sure I can get at least a 20 foot flight out of it...Ha!
this is pretty cool but is there any footage of it flying. Im hoping to take my AXN out this arvo. I havent flown it since the nose repair but it should be fine.

Lets hope theres some wind laters.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2012, 01:40 PM
Have not flown it yet. Hope to next week. Will try taking video with my keychain camera mounted on my hat, don't know how that will turn out. My other video camera recently died. But I'll post it if it turns out all right.
Mar 16, 2012, 10:25 PM
Have I said this plane is awesome? Because this thing is sweet! Had a blast flying it today in near dead wind. First time I have had that chance and it was just floating. Quite a smooth flier even in rough wind but the calm was a nice change of pace.
Mar 18, 2012, 12:29 AM

OOO do I whant this FLOATER

Hello all, I will love to get my hands on one of these!! Where can I get this plane from instead of hobby kings for there out of stock in the USA?

Mar 18, 2012, 02:41 AM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanangel View Post
Hello all, I will love to get my hands on one of these!! Where can I get this plane from instead of hobby kings for there out of stock in the USA?

What do you have against HK?

Here is one other option -
http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=se...rch=clouds+fly
AJ
Mar 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
What do you have against HK?

Here is one other option -
http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=se...rch=clouds+fly
AJ
I have no problem with HK just never orderd that far away for something But thanks for posting the link, so im guessing people on here purchased from this place in the past and had noproble? Feedback would be nice

Thanks for the Help!
Mar 18, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanangel View Post
I have no problem with HK just never orderd that far away for something But thanks for posting the link, so im guessing people on here purchased from this place in the past and had noproble? Feedback would be nice

Thanks for the Help!
There is plenty of feedback / discussions on HK in the "Vendor" subforum. Not all of the post are from happy campers. My own experience is that ordering from HK is OK provided you have the time to wait. Expect 4 weeks delivery time, unless the item is on stock in a local warehouse.
Mar 18, 2012, 08:49 AM

OBC: Loops and spins on a grey day

Did a few flights today:

RC plane: AXN Floater Jet, loops & spins (3 min 17 sec)

The landings went fine until (what did I expect) I set the camera recording The last one didn't make it to the RWY; a wind shear stalled the plane on short final

Can anybody tell me how to do develop a flat spin?
Last edited by mike_o; Mar 18, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
There is plenty of feedback / discussions on HK in the "Vendor" subforum. Not all of the post are from happy campers. My own experience is that ordering from HK is OK provided you have the time to wait. Expect 4 weeks delivery time, unless the item is on stock in a local warehouse.
Well reading a lots of bad reviews on ordering from HK from 800# to long wait time to pacage comeing all banged up jeepers There has to be some USA venders for this plane out there. Please post links on wher to get this awsome floater from "dying to get one" Thanks
Mar 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
See once Hobbyking ships the package its not their fault if it gets damaged in transit. The shipping couriers abuse the heck out of these packages and then we take it out on the retailer that sold us the item. I have 2 of these and bought them both from the international warehouse and both arrived in perfect condition. They were well packed and if you use the money you saved at hobbyking to pay for ems shipping, it will be there within a weeks time. I always pay for EMS and I always have my packages in 5 days or less (depending on size). That being said this thing is awesome! Get one any way you can, you wont be sorry!
Mar 18, 2012, 01:00 PM
HK handles a tremendous number of orders each day, I suppose it's just natural to have a few complaints here and there, it's statistically to be expected to read morre complaints about HK than about other companies - in absolute numbers. It would be interesting to know the percentages of orders which went bad with different companies. So far (6 orders), I had no reason to complain.

EMS is ridicuously expensive for my destination, so I always go the cheap way and wait for 3-5 weeks for the stuff to arrive. But that's not different with DX, with ProtoStack (Australia), or with my orders from the USA (I live in Europe)
Latest blog entry: 1.5.0 Beta 2 is released!
Mar 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_clive View Post
HK handles a tremendous number of orders each day, I suppose it's just natural to have a few complaints here and there, it's statistically to be expected to read morre complaints about HK than about other companies - in absolute numbers. It would be interesting to know the percentages of orders which went bad with different companies. So far (6 orders), I had no reason to complain.

EMS is ridicuously expensive for my destination, so I always go the cheap way and wait for 3-5 weeks for the stuff to arrive. But that's not different with DX, with ProtoStack (Australia), or with my orders from the USA (I live in Europe)
True on all you said, I did order it from HK and I have it shipped with the EMS opion wich I think they send me a tracking number and I guess its faster shipping It was backorderd in the USA warehouse, so lets see what happens wish me LUCK with my order Ill let everyone know how my order turns out!! Thanks to all for the help
Mar 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_clive View Post
I wish HK would improve their EU warehouse to something larger than a garden shed
Mar 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
Me too! I don't get why they don't.

There is a new shop here in Vienna, which carries HK stuff "at sensational prices", but their web page looks like an early beta with empty data base. I guess I'll have to drop by and take a look.
Latest blog entry: 1.5.0 Beta 2 is released!
Mar 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Today I crashed my AXN I lost control due to, I think, rudder servo horn coming of the servo causing the rudder to stay at 60% and me loosing control Looking at the pic below, what do glue should I use - epoxy or foam glue? Any other suggestions on the best fix? I thought to reinforce with rods, which I don't have, or will the glue + duct tape be enough?
It even ripped the "alligator" duct tape I use which you cant rip apart with bare hands

Quick Reply