Thread Tools
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:03 PM
3d astronaut is offline
Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
Everytime I take this thing out for a flight I am amazed. Quite an amazing plane especially for the price!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
eaglescry24 is offline
Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Flying the Spyder
eaglescry24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
Almost looks real, doesn't it?

So you're suggesting we should all go back to school to learn how to construct a sentence that doesn't run-on and also learn the correct way to spell adolescents? (sorry, you were asking for that one)
Lol!!!

I was wondering if someone would catch that.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
mutha is offline
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
mutha's Avatar
The FJ/CF inspires confidence -

I have just bought and built my 5th one!!

I had 1 that my brother totaled, and I have my new one and one in a box as spares and one I built out of the other 2 with cut off wings ... I said "inspires confidence" not provides skill ...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
zerohr is offline
Find More Posts by zerohr
Registered User
zerohr's Avatar
I own this plane for one year and I'm very happy with it, great model for slow and long flights. But, last 3-4 months I experience strong vibrations on speeds lower than 70%, so, everything is vibrating, fuselage, wings etc. Same problem with prop adapter. Vibrations stop a little bit when I hold/press together the foam that holds the motor and the part above where wings come together. Only mod I did are the magnets holding the wings together and packing tape on fuselage. Ideas?
Last edited by zerohr; Feb 09, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
boiko is offline
Find More Posts by boiko
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
boiko's Avatar
Wow 652 pages on this thread....!

I haven't been on this thread for awhile now...Bruce Simpson is right, this plane is the biggest bang for your buck ($48 from US Warehouse)..

Large flight envelope, cheap, very robust, and very repairable...tough to beat.

-mike-
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohr View Post
I own this plane for one year and I'm very happy with it, great model for slow and long flights. But, last 3-4 months I experience strong vibrations on speeds lower than 70%, so, everything is vibrating, fuselage, wings etc. Same problem with prop adapter. Vibrations stop a little bit when I hold/press together the foam that holds the motor and the part above where wings come together. Only mod I did are the magnets holding the wings together and packing tape on fuselage. Ideas?
Replace the prop and make sure you balance it.
AJ
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:13 PM
eaglescry24 is offline
Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Flying the Spyder
eaglescry24's Avatar
Sounds like it could've thrown a magnet. Check your bell housing.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescry24 View Post
Sounds like it could've thrown a magnet. Check your bell housing.
Given his performance problem, that is impossible.
AJ
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:39 PM
mutha is offline
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
mutha's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Replace the prop and make sure you balance it.
AJ
and just check the motor mount make sure it is not moving ...
I think AJ is right from the description lower rev vibration is likely to be your prop ... are you using a collet?? or just the propsaver?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:55 AM
zerohr is offline
Find More Posts by zerohr
Registered User
zerohr's Avatar
@eaglescry24

Magnets are still holding good, I think there is no problem with that, but, speaking of motor, I noticed when going full throttle (especially with wind) that motor changes its sound, like it is slowing and accelerating, like slow ambulance siren could be related with problem?

@mutha

Everything fine with motor mount, never been broken or damaged, I think that the material and the whole structure began to wear off with time. I put a little hot glue between plastic part of the motor mount and rest of EPO fuselage. I tried with collet but there is just more vibrations with it, damn
Last edited by zerohr; Feb 28, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:40 AM
joel0407 is offline
Find More Posts by joel0407
Registered User
joel0407's Avatar
I perform acrobatics to make my plane perform aerobatics.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:48 AM
brace is offline
Find More Posts by brace
Registered User
brace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohr View Post
@eaglescry24

Magnets are still holding good, I think there is no problem with that, but, speaking of motor, I noticed when going full throttle (especially with wind) that motor changes its sound, like it is slowing and accelerating, like slow ambulance siren could be related with problem?

@mutha

Everything fine with motor mount, never been broken or damaged, I think that the material and the whole structure began to wear off with time. I put a little hot glue between plastic part of the motor mount and rest of EPO fuselage. I tried with collet but there is just more vibrations with it, damn
Balance the prop and then re check.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
gumby77 is offline
Find More Posts by gumby77
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohr View Post
@eaglescry24

Magnets are still holding good, I think there is no problem with that, but, speaking of motor, I noticed when going full throttle (especially with wind) that motor changes its sound, like it is slowing and accelerating, like slow ambulance siren could be related with problem?

@mutha

Everything fine with motor mount, never been broken or damaged, I think that the material and the whole structure began to wear off with time. I put a little hot glue between plastic part of the motor mount and rest of EPO fuselage. I tried with collet but there is just more vibrations with it, damn
Long shot but have you done any reprogramming of the ESC lately? I had some problems one time and it was a motor timing issue.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:28 AM
mutha is offline
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
mutha's Avatar
I have misplaced my canopy ... no idea what i did with it ... it is for my rat AXN and I don't want to 'share' with my other plane as it is pristine. Does anyone have any ideas ... like a coke bottle or something that might work as a replacement?? Just don't want things falling out inverted
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:09 AM
JLT_GTI is offline
Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Registered User
JLT_GTI's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
I have misplaced my canopy ... no idea what i did with it ... it is for my rat AXN and I don't want to 'share' with my other plane as it is pristine. Does anyone have any ideas ... like a coke bottle or something that might work as a replacement?? Just don't want things falling out inverted
Well ..to cite just a few of the ones we have seen in this thread:







Last edited by JLT_GTI; Mar 01, 2012 at 02:14 AM.