AXN Floater-Jet (aka Cloud Fly) - Page 60 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 31, 2009, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
NO! That is absolutely backwards (directly causing the heat problem)! Text should be to the rear. If you are using a stock prop. Are you using a stock prop? If yes, "Multiplex should be readable from the back of the plane looking forward. Anyhow, see pic below for proper orientation.
AJ

Huh? I think you're thinking of a different plane aj.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2009, 02:43 AM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsaw
Huh? I think you're thinking of a different plane aj.
It seems I confuse easily. Cancel all that. You are totally right; the numbers are on the front of the prop. BTW, it is a TGS prop. If the left side of the prop tip is pointed down, you have it on right. See pic below. Sorry for the confusion
AJ
Sep 01, 2009, 02:49 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
Ok here what i use is cheap :
30 amp meter

or this for future big airplanes lol:
50 (100 peak) amp meter
I gave my wattmeter to my buddy after getting one of these:
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm

It's not for everyone, but like a transmitter it's a good long term investment for RC lifers.

Cheers,
Kev
Sep 01, 2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks again AJ.

The Shoe Goo is drying right now. I hope to be in the air again tomorrow evening. This time, I will stay away from the beans and maybe I will have better luck.
Sep 01, 2009, 06:45 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
Do I need to use the O rings if so where? I'm using the stock motor
Sep 01, 2009, 09:57 AM
Gros membre
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AD_
Do I need to use the O rings if so where? I'm using the stock motor
Sep 01, 2009, 10:27 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
Cant really see that because of the light but i have to rubber band on without crossing it over.
Sep 01, 2009, 10:30 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
Just realised, slight confusion, I didn't mean O ring, I meant those small black plastic washer sort of things. But now I see I have the actual O ring on wrong.
Sep 01, 2009, 10:37 AM
Crashing in Melbourne
Quote:
It seems I confuse easily. Cancel all that. You are totally right; the numbers are on the front of the prop. BTW, it is a TGS prop. If the left side of the prop tip is pointed down, you have it on right. See pic below. Sorry for the confusion
AJ

Thanks for pic AJ - that's a trap for young flyers ( and us old guys who are new to the sport). I had my prop on the wrong way. Probably explains the hot esc and the poor thrust too!
Peter
Sep 01, 2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
NO! That is absolutely backwards (directly causing the heat problem)! Text should be to the rear. If you are using a stock prop. Are you using a stock prop? If yes, "Multiplex should be readable from the back of the plane looking forward. Anyhow, see pic below for proper orientation.
AJ
For a few seconds, I thought .. problem solved until I read "Multiplex" Back to head scratching. Someone suggested resoldering all connectors so I'll try that.

Looks like I may need to pick up one of those wattmeter recommended from HC. But I've got an order from them (including a couple of spare motors for the CF) that have yet to be delivered since two weeks ago. And Singapore is just 3 hrs flying time from HK ...
Sep 01, 2009, 12:18 PM
By the way, I need almost 3/4 stick to hand launch it. Is it the same for you guys?
Sep 01, 2009, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsec1992
By the way, I need almost 3/4 stick to hand launch it. Is it the same for you guys?
I use full throttle and about a 20 degree up angle when I hand launch.
AJ
Sep 01, 2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsec1992
For a few seconds, I thought .. problem solved until I read "Multiplex" Back to head scratching. Someone suggested resoldering all connectors so I'll try that.

Looks like I may need to pick up one of those wattmeter recommended from HC. But I've got an order from them (including a couple of spare motors for the CF) that have yet to be delivered since two weeks ago. And Singapore is just 3 hrs flying time from HK ...
See pic in post #891. That is how the prop should look. Forget the "Multiplex" statement. I got my airplanes mixed up on that post.
AJ
Sep 02, 2009, 02:04 AM
Quote:
See pic in post #891. That is how the prop should look. Forget the "Multiplex" statement. I got my airplanes mixed up on that post.
AJ
Yes, my prop's correctly fitted. Thanks AJ.
Sep 02, 2009, 09:52 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
So what do I do with the black plastic washers that come with the kit.