New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:36 PM
Warsaw is offline
Find More Posts by Warsaw
Registered User
Warsaw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
NO! That is absolutely backwards (directly causing the heat problem)! Text should be to the rear. If you are using a stock prop. Are you using a stock prop? If yes, "Multiplex should be readable from the back of the plane looking forward. Anyhow, see pic below for proper orientation.
AJ

Huh? I think you're thinking of a different plane aj.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2009, 02:43 AM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsaw
Huh? I think you're thinking of a different plane aj.
It seems I confuse easily. Cancel all that. You are totally right; the numbers are on the front of the prop. BTW, it is a TGS prop. If the left side of the prop tip is pointed down, you have it on right. See pic below. Sorry for the confusion
AJ
Old Sep 01, 2009, 02:49 AM
Truglodite is offline
Find More Posts by Truglodite
Registered Aircraft Offender
Truglodite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
Ok here what i use is cheap :
30 amp meter


or this for future big airplanes lol:
50 (100 peak) amp meter
I gave my wattmeter to my buddy after getting one of these:
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm

It's not for everyone, but like a transmitter it's a good long term investment for RC lifers.

Cheers,
Kev
Old Sep 01, 2009, 03:26 AM
Warsaw is offline
Find More Posts by Warsaw
Registered User
Warsaw's Avatar
Thanks again AJ.




The Shoe Goo is drying right now. I hope to be in the air again tomorrow evening. This time, I will stay away from the beans and maybe I will have better luck.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 06:45 AM
AD. is offline
AD.
Find More Posts by AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
Do I need to use the O rings if so where? I'm using the stock motor
Old Sep 01, 2009, 09:57 AM
speedoo is offline
Find More Posts by speedoo
Gros membre
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AD_
Do I need to use the O rings if so where? I'm using the stock motor
Old Sep 01, 2009, 10:27 AM
AD. is offline
AD.
Find More Posts by AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
Cant really see that because of the light but i have to rubber band on without crossing it over.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 10:30 AM
AD. is offline
AD.
Find More Posts by AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
Just realised, slight confusion, I didn't mean O ring, I meant those small black plastic washer sort of things. But now I see I have the actual O ring on wrong.
Old Sep 01, 2009, 10:37 AM
pghern is offline
Find More Posts by pghern
Crashing in Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
It seems I confuse easily. Cancel all that. You are totally right; the numbers are on the front of the prop. BTW, it is a TGS prop. If the left side of the prop tip is pointed down, you have it on right. See pic below. Sorry for the confusion
AJ

Thanks for pic AJ - that's a trap for young flyers ( and us old guys who are new to the sport). I had my prop on the wrong way. Probably explains the hot esc and the poor thrust too!
Peter
Old Sep 01, 2009, 12:16 PM
jsec1992 is offline
Find More Posts by jsec1992
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
NO! That is absolutely backwards (directly causing the heat problem)! Text should be to the rear. If you are using a stock prop. Are you using a stock prop? If yes, "Multiplex should be readable from the back of the plane looking forward. Anyhow, see pic below for proper orientation.
AJ
For a few seconds, I thought .. problem solved until I read "Multiplex" Back to head scratching. Someone suggested resoldering all connectors so I'll try that.

Looks like I may need to pick up one of those wattmeter recommended from HC. But I've got an order from them (including a couple of spare motors for the CF) that have yet to be delivered since two weeks ago. And Singapore is just 3 hrs flying time from HK ...
Old Sep 01, 2009, 12:18 PM
jsec1992 is offline
Find More Posts by jsec1992
Registered User
By the way, I need almost 3/4 stick to hand launch it. Is it the same for you guys?
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:22 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsec1992
By the way, I need almost 3/4 stick to hand launch it. Is it the same for you guys?
I use full throttle and about a 20 degree up angle when I hand launch.
AJ
Old Sep 01, 2009, 01:24 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsec1992
For a few seconds, I thought .. problem solved until I read "Multiplex" Back to head scratching. Someone suggested resoldering all connectors so I'll try that.

Looks like I may need to pick up one of those wattmeter recommended from HC. But I've got an order from them (including a couple of spare motors for the CF) that have yet to be delivered since two weeks ago. And Singapore is just 3 hrs flying time from HK ...
See pic in post #891. That is how the prop should look. Forget the "Multiplex" statement. I got my airplanes mixed up on that post.
AJ
Old Sep 02, 2009, 02:04 AM
jsec1992 is offline
Find More Posts by jsec1992
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
See pic in post #891. That is how the prop should look. Forget the "Multiplex" statement. I got my airplanes mixed up on that post.
AJ
Yes, my prop's correctly fitted. Thanks AJ.
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:52 AM
AD. is offline
AD.
Find More Posts by AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
AD.'s Avatar
So what do I do with the black plastic washers that come with the kit.


Thread Tools