Dec 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaerd58
Well if it doesn't rain it snows here I am grounded because we got 24 inches of snow here in Delaware....
That sure looks like a bunch of layers of fiberglass insulation that someone left laying on your deck.
AJ
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2009, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I have not had that problem with my CF. But, rehinging the elevator would be a good way to maybe resolve your problem. For me, I would use THESE hinges (2 on each side of elevator). But, I am sure there are many that would work. This is one of those situations that has a lot of "right" answers.
AJ
Hmm.. never seen thoes before. Looks like a great idea! thanks
Dec 22, 2009, 06:55 PM
I used some cheap clear packing tape to hinge mine. The cheaper the better, as the cheap stuff seems to be thinner and more flexible. I didn't fly before re-hinging everything. The ailerons were so stiff I was afraid it would strip the servo gears.
Dec 22, 2009, 08:55 PM
Good Better Best quest.
I used a fine hacksaw blade cut down from a broken one to clear away most of the hinge line but used live hinges on rudder,
I really liked those horns and have asked if they can be stocked seperately.
Dec 22, 2009, 11:23 PM
FE Finatic
Quote:
That sure looks like a bunch of layers of fiberglass insulation that someone left laying on your deck.
AJ
Wish it was...Would be a lot easier to remove. MY BACK IS SCREAMING TODAY

This thread is getting longggggggggg. I wonder if we can get some stickies for things such as. Replacement parts. Motors,ESC,SERVO'S,HOP-UPS,REPAIR TIPS, ETC.?
Dec 22, 2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaerd58
Wish it was...Would be a lot easier to remove. MY BACK IS SCREAMING TODAY

This thread is getting longggggggggg. I wonder if we can get some stickies for things such as. Replacement parts. Motors,ESC,SERVO'S,HOP-UPS,REPAIR TIPS, ETC.?
This thread is simple to keep up compared to THIS one that I am active in also. There is some talk of stickies there, too. That thread REALLY needs them.
AJ
Dec 23, 2009, 12:04 AM
FE Finatic
Quote:
This thread is simple to keep up compared to THIS one that I am active in also. There is some talk of stickies there, too. That thread REALLY needs them.
AJ

Wow 874 I retract.....
Dec 23, 2009, 12:31 AM

Cf

Hey Guys -
30 Cloudys in stock at HK. Hurry like H**L, if you want one. They will probably be gone by 8am PST.
AJ
Dec 23, 2009, 12:31 AM
they're instock at hobbycity, i just ordered mine, plus a few other things to fill the rest of my left over.
Dec 23, 2009, 10:03 AM
Yes, there my backorder came through - and another hobbyking plane on its way to me...
Dec 23, 2009, 05:17 PM

CF in stock - briefly

Only 4 Cloudys left. Better grab one now.
AJ
Dec 23, 2009, 07:20 PM

CF's - maybe another day

Poof - Gone
AJ
Dec 25, 2009, 09:24 PM
Any Interest in some AP/AV mods

More detail here:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1155737

Cloud AP/AV II (2 min 3 sec)

Test Flight 25 mph wind (4 min 31 sec)

Raw video fixed wing AP/AV (6 min 57 sec)
Last edited by eyeinsky1; Dec 25, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
Dec 26, 2009, 06:37 PM
Question to all you AKA floater jet guys

What is with the wing drop that this aircraft does turning in or out of the wind? I know this is a stall of sorts but it sure is unpredictable. Has anyone made any mods to minimize this? I have installed gyros in the pitch and the roll and it does help, but it still experiences as occasional wing drop.

Could it be from the winglets?

Today I did two mods;
-added a 1/2 inch to the elevator
-cut some foam to fit under the leading edge of the wing. This gives the leading edge a droop profile.

Test flight was great, I like it I think it helped but not to much wind today. The leading work improved the low speed and definatly did not run out of elevator. I will try take some video next time. Here are some pics:

I have marked the video section that the wing drops

Cloud AP/AV II (2 min 3 sec)
Last edited by eyeinsky1; Dec 26, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Dec 26, 2009, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Are you looking for float plans for the Easy Star, the CF or both? Do you own both planes?
AJ
No I only have the CF. But this is the only example of a seaplane conversion that I have come across.

Are there planes or a build thread of how the CF could be converted to be a seaplane somewhere?

Thanks in advance.