May 06, 2014, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankster
Thanks. I'm always afraid of losing mine
I Velcro the cam close enough to the nose so that the nose isn't in the picture. As an added precaution however I have another piece of Velcro (without the sticky back removed) going from the Velcro pad over the cam back to the pad.

So, I had an additional piece of Velcro serving as a "seat belt" just in case some maneuver causes the primary Velcro connection to release momentarily. It just serves as a safety.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2014, 03:56 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Bad news to report. My removable wing mod using a piece of 6mm CF to join a piece of 8mm CF in each wing........failed.
It worked really well while it lasted. Velcro kept them in tension nicely.
The idea was sound but I used the wrong kind of CF. I used the pultruded tube, not the woven. I had a bit of a tip stall and crash on landing. It was enough to crush the 6mm tube.
If I was to do it again, either use a short length of solid CF or at the very least, woven CF.

Now it looks like I'll have to glue the wings in. Doh!
That sucks... You still need a tube through the wing and a solid (non-glued) one is best. Let me know if you need a sacrificial pre loved one, I have a small collection
May 06, 2014, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
That sucks... You still need a tube through the wing and a solid (non-glued) one is best. Let me know if you need a sacrificial pre loved one, I have a small collection
Thxs mutha. I have two perfectly good 8mm tubes glued in the wings. The 6mm joiner was only glued into one of the 8mm tubes. That has splintered. I'll have to insert a 4mm piece into the 6mm and epoxy the lot together. Do able
May 06, 2014, 04:10 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Thxs mutha. I have two perfectly good 8mm tubes glued in the wings. The 6mm joiner was only glued into one of the 8mm tubes. That has splintered. I'll have to insert a 4mm piece into the 6mm and epoxy the lot together. Do able
going to the fly in at Rallies?
May 06, 2014, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
going to the fly in at Rallies?
I saw reference to it but have no idea what it is. Is there a link to it ?
May 07, 2014, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka_99
Check this page for bad motors! Fixed mine with CA.

Motor fix
+1 on loose magnet on horse's axn

Might be a 10 minute fix.

Stock motor has good power--better when propped up--but you shouldn't feel a lack of power unless your used to totally tearing around like a hotliner.
May 09, 2014, 07:16 AM
Does my plane properly balanced?
Also after last crash it had lost its tail almost completely. After gluing it back the elevator are not parallel to the wings. Is it big deal?

Thanks.
May 09, 2014, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldoff
Also after last crash it had lost its tail almost completely. After gluing it back the elevator are not parallel to the wings. Is it big deal?

Thanks.
After a few of those beers, I'm not to sure anything would very balanced
May 09, 2014, 10:54 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldoff

Thanks.
Nothing a little trim won't fix...hardly notice it when u get in the air.

You can some times put pressure on one side to straighten it out also.
May 09, 2014, 12:43 PM
How do you remove the decals on this plane? I tried the masking tape approach but no luck.
May 09, 2014, 01:51 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
I normally use a very sharp knife to get a corner up and then rip it off.
May 09, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hairdryer! Be carefully, not too much heat to the foam! Cleaning with spiritus.
May 09, 2014, 09:20 PM
OK, I got the decals off. I'm no modeler but anything is better than the original color scheme IMO.

Here is my version...I was going for a Madra Plaid type of effect on the wings It's hard to see in the picture but I'm using translucent wing tape that is blue but mixing in some green every now and then.
May 09, 2014, 10:16 PM
Looks good to me Seattle!!! The default decals are a bit plain...
I painted some red stripes on the bottom side of the wings to help with orientation.
My old eyes need all the help they can get....haha
May 10, 2014, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
Nothing a little trim won't fix...hardly notice it when u get in the air.

You can some times put pressure on one side to straighten it out also.
Thanks. What can you say about the balance of my plane? It's my first plane so I'm a little nervous about it.

Quick Reply