Sep 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
Firepower
I have been trying to do 10% up elevator on a switch for take off and have not been able to work it out.

I guess you do not have a Futaba like a 9C to let me know how it is done.

I do not find it a problem just putting my thumb under the up elevator for take offs on the AXN but it would be good to know how to do it.

Not sure on anything mixing Elev to Elev???? on Sw "C". The settings in the photos do not work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
I think he mixed in 15% that made the AXN go up as it wanted to loop. Some call it up (plane go up, elevator up) some call it down (stick down) depending on your point of view. 15% mixing either way is wrong as the plane will level out by itself once it gets up to speed.

I mix in on a switch 10% up elevator for takeoff, it gives me some time to get my hands back on the elevator. Once back on the sticks it goes off.
Last edited by Firepower; Sep 17, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2013, 09:10 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower
I have been trying to do 10% up elevator on a switch for take off and have not been able to work it out.

I do not find it a problem just putting my thumb under the up elevator for take offs on the AXN but it would be good to know how to do it.

Not sure on anything mixing Elev to Elev???? on Sw "C"
Sorry I cannot help with a Futaba. To be honest I hate TX like the Futaba & Specrum as the are generally so inflexible or complicated to do relatively simple things.
I use ER9X and Opentx and these types of mixes take a few seconds and allows so much flexibility in doing what you want to do and 1/3 the price.
Sep 17, 2013, 09:57 AM
Firepower
Thanks anyway. If no one else can help here I'll try somewhere else.

The manual does not seem to be much help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
Sorry I cannot help with a Futaba. To be honest I hate TX like the Futaba & Specrum as the are generally so inflexible or complicated to do relatively simple things.
I use ER9X and Opentx and these types of mixes take a few seconds and allows so much flexibility in doing what you want to do and 1/3 the price.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firepower

Not sure on anything mixing Elev to Elev???? on Sw "C". The settings in the photos do not work.

EDIT: I found all the answers on another thread.
Last edited by Firepower; Sep 18, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Sep 17, 2013, 02:08 PM
Ground Pounder
This AxN looks sweet. How does it compare to the bixler 1.1 and bixler 2?
Sep 17, 2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03
10% smaller... is faster and more maneovrable , doesnt glide as much and doesnt have as much space
Sep 17, 2013, 02:55 PM
Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI
10% smaller... is faster and more maneovrable , doesnt glide as much and doesnt have as much space
Thank you
Sep 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
AXN is better....

I'm a little one eyed as I haven't owned a Bixler, I have flown one and they fly nicely as well.
Sep 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03
I have both the AXN and the Bixler 2. In my blog I review and compare them. See if it helps.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1961950

Luca
Sep 17, 2013, 10:00 PM
hjukhjuk
Has anyone tried a 6s setup yet? I haven't been on this thread in awhile.
Sep 17, 2013, 11:39 PM
Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunobili
I have both the AXN and the Bixler 2. In my blog I review and compare them. See if it helps.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1961950

Luca
Very nice. Thanks.
Sep 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooby
Has anyone tried a 6s setup yet? I haven't been on this thread in awhile.
It might be easier to just put the thing in a blender.
Sep 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc
It might be easier to just put the thing in a blender.
Hey.. i think it might be time travel capable
Sep 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Hey.. i think it might be time travel capable
that would be awwwsoommeeeeee
Sep 19, 2013, 03:28 AM
Hello all. It is inspirational to hear about all of the noobs who have had a successful first flight. I hope to join that club. A couple of questions as I finalize my build plans - Is there a way to secure the magnets in the motor before use? And does anyone lubricate these motors? Thanks for the help.

Clouds Fly, so will I!
Sep 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCA
Hello all. It is inspirational to hear about all of the noobs who have had a successful first flight. I hope to join that club. A couple of questions as I finalize my build plans - Is there a way to secure the magnets in the motor before use? And does anyone lubricate these motors? Thanks for the help.

Clouds Fly, so will I!
Starting point ... try here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12951

Quick Reply