Nov 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss34
hi.
I just got my order form hk with the collect adapter (https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16579)
But this does not look right.
Can you please send me a link with an adapter from hobbyking.
I received the prop adapter from the link I gave you earlier that you said looks like the one you ordered.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19593

It's the right size and works fine.
Last edited by js32257; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2012, 10:23 AM
I got a different adapter its coming off ebay, hope it is not going to be huge.
I got a 3mm x 25cm carbon rod and I would like to put it into the elevator.
I dont know how to do it apart from cut out a hole and stick it in.
Please help
Nov 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss34
I got a different adapter its coming off ebay, hope it is not going to be huge.
I got a 3mm x 25cm carbon rod and I would like to put it into the elevator.
I dont know how to do it apart from cut out a hole and stick it in.
Please help
Just what you said...
Make a straight notch across the horizontal stabilizer (not the elevator) that is deep enough to accept the rod and glue it in. Make sure the notch is deep enough that rod doesn't stick out any higher than the rest of the stabilizer. Cover it w/ tape. Done.
Last edited by js32257; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Nov 24, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hey All, Ive had my AXN for some time now and the foam is not coming back to its original shape after a few hard landing on the nose. Is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one?

The reason I ask is that I have just blown my esc and now my motor (original) has finally gone so not sure if to fix or just replace

Thanks heaps
Nov 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfly4m3
Hey All, Ive had my AXN for some time now and the foam is not coming back to its original shape after a few hard landing on the nose. Is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one?

The reason I ask is that I have just blown my esc and now my motor (original) has finally gone so not sure if to fix or just replace

Thanks heaps
It really depends how bad. But I put hot water on the nose many times to put it back in shape after many nose challenged landings.
Nov 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot
Try crashing harder!!

The new HXT900's have carbon gears, and are back in stock!
I guess they were having problems with those (darn it). HK switched back to the nylon gears. Read the following:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html
AJ
Nov 24, 2012, 07:42 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I guess they were having problems with those (darn it). HK switched back to the nylon gears. Read the following:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html
AJ
Yes, I saw that. And they say because of customer demand? I have 2 and two more on the way. Too bad, I like the carbon gears, and they are not as noisy as metal gears. The 929s will get more of my $$$.
Nov 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
Did you use boiling water or just hot? I got boiling and mixed with cold so it was reasonably hot but not boiling.

It's not bad, but bad enough I think to affect the wind flow
Nov 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfly4m3
Did you use boiling water or just hot? I got boiling and mixed with cold so it was reasonably hot but not boiling.

It's not bad, but bad enough I think to affect the wind flow
It supposed to be just below boiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...X_Xowv4#t=379s
Nov 25, 2012, 01:46 AM
Argue for your limitations

Servo preference.

Quote:
Yes, I saw that. And they say because of customer demand? I have 2 and two more on the way. Too bad, I like the carbon gears, and they are not as noisy as metal gears. The 929s will get more of my $$$.
Same here. I use both the HK and the Corona - whichever they have in stock. I just got a batch (20) of the Corona servos. All the specs and the price appear to be the same. I have not run any bence tests on either one though. Do you have any preference? If so, why.
BTW-Due to somewhat less than exceptional flying skills, I have become an expert at changing out the gears in the HXT900's.
AJ
Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
Same here. I use both the HK and the Corona - whichever they have in stock. I just got a batch (20) of the Corona servos. All the specs and the price appear to be the same. I have not run any bence tests on either one though. Do you have any preference? If so, why.
BTW-Due to somewhat less than exceptional flying skills, I have become an expert at changing out the gears in the HXT900's.
AJ
I like the digital version for elevator, it gives better holding power at all positions. I use them in a Yak for both elevator and rudder. They make a humming sound, but that's cool

I believe only the top 2 gears are metal, but I never broke any. Agree that extra gear sets are a good investment for the HXT900, but I never needed the bottom two gears.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
Reading here about problems launching the AXN, I was quite surprised when I joined my local club, to see club members launching from the grass. Admittedly the grass was quite well mowed but even grass that's maybe 60mm high didn't seem to cause any problems.

It's just a case of placing it on a fairly flat area, pointing into wind and opening the taps. I used about three quarters throttle and after a few seconds, the plane was moving fast enough that I gave a bit of 'up' elevator and she was airborne.

Why I'd never done this before, I don't know but it's a lot more fun.

It also helps to have some reinforcing tape on the underside of the fuse from the nose to under the wings to allow the AXN to slide along smoothly.

Of course, many of you guys may already fly this way but either way it's a good tip for those that don't yet.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
Just thumbing through...
See at the end of this video. Wagging the tail helps break free from the grass. I stopped doing this after ground looping tore off a wing tip.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2305
Nov 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks victapilot. I tend to have a bit less welly on my launches for the very reason you quote- it's quite easy to have the thing spin around on itself.

Having said that, it really is so much fun launching this way that I now fly most of my planes this way (well those that have props out of the way anyway). Nice video.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
See at the end of this video. Wagging the tail helps break free from the grass. I stopped doing this after ground looping tore off a wing tip.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2305
Victapilot - I see you live in SC. I currently live in Greer, SC and I am formerly a member of the WCRC flight club. I was watching that video you posted and I was thinking to my self man that looks just like the WCRC flight field. Is that wear you were flying in that video?

Quick Reply