Aug 07, 2009, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
Since I have been wanting to put wheels on the CF, I did it. I still have to paint all of the pieces. But, these pics are what I have before paint.
AJ
AJ,

you glued (with epoxy ?) a piece of normal wood onto the fuselage ?

Was CG ok now with the wheels?
Does it fly different now with wheels?
did you bought thoose wheels (5 cm wheels? ) at HC?
what endstops did you use for the wheels, cant see it on the picture
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hey aj im glad my fuse is not the only one that looks like a hot mess of wires!! I got tired of the rx being stuck behind the servos so mine looks just like that lol
Aug 07, 2009, 09:57 AM
Argue for your limitations

Pieces and Parts

[QUOTE=jaccies]AJ,

Actually, I used hot glue.

Exactly the same

Haven't flown it yet. But, I expect little or not change

Yes.

1/6" wheel collars from Tower Hobbies.

AJ
Aug 07, 2009, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEE400
Hey aj im glad my fuse is not the only one that looks like a hot mess of wires!! I got tired of the rx being stuck behind the servos so mine looks just like that lol
The planes that I have Eagle Trees Systems in are even worse. A much, much bigger mess.
AJ
Aug 07, 2009, 11:52 AM
AJ -
Yes, I got the ARF, but not from Philip. I'm located in Singapore - got it from an LHS. Didn't need those electronics so I did not get the RTF from HC. I'll get the Towerpro combo for the motor and ESC though (the one recommended by someone here).
That pic's helpful. Now I know what to expect in the fuse. Am using Spectrum's AR6200 - so I've got two RXs to stuff in there!

Jaccies -
Finally I know what goes where. Thanks to your pic! Looks like I may need a pair of chopstick to retrieve the y-cable from the front fuse opening.

OK - its almost 1am (Sat morning) where I am now. Need to be fresh for a couple of flights in the afternoon with my beaten-up trainer Cessna. Then if the wifey 'allows' start assembling the CF in the evening now that you guys have cleared up quite a few questions I had. Thanks again!
Aug 07, 2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
AJ,

I just got back from flying the CF with wheels. It seems like it might drag a very little tiny bit at the top of loops. But, I think that is just my imagination. So, No difference. I love ROG. For me, takeoffs and landings are just as much fun as flying.
AJ
Aug 09, 2009, 08:09 AM
Thread OP
Hard to believe I posted this plane up last year in October and I STILL can't seem to find one in stock.

Sucks. Should have bought it when I first saw it.
Aug 09, 2009, 08:39 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuengling
Hard to believe I posted this plane up last year in October and I STILL can't seem to find one in stock.

Sucks. Should have bought it when I first saw it.
After all this time you did not got a chance to get one??? Just use the email alert so when they receive some you'll know it
Aug 09, 2009, 09:04 AM
Been doing some interior design work in the fuse - how to fit everything in. Cut out a recessed area for the main AR6200 rx and a slot next to the battery for its satellite rx. The satellite rx will sit snugly in there once a 2200mah batt is inserted.

Thinking that the esc will have to pushed into the fuse since there's no space up front. Anyone encountered any problems with this? Will all the cables inside foul up the control rods?

The motor's got three black wires. How will I know which is to be connected to the red/black/yellow cables of the esc?

Thanks
Aug 09, 2009, 09:27 AM

ESC - Motor wires

Quote:
The motor's got three black wires. How will I know which is to be connected to the red/black/yellow cables of the esc?
Connect the three wires in any order and test the motor. If it turns the wrong way swap 2 of the of motor-esc wires. A wire here being one ESC wire connected to one motor wire.
Aug 09, 2009, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Connect the three wires in any order and test the motor. If it turns the wrong way swap 2 of the of motor-esc wires. A wire here being one ESC wire connected to one motor wire.
OK. Will try this ASAP. I was concern that something may short if I connect the wires randomly. Thank you.

Anyone encountered problems with the messy wires inside getting into the way of the control rods, please let me know what you did to overcome it?

Thanks
Aug 09, 2009, 02:25 PM
My wires are way messy i simply wrap the extra length of wire and attach it to the rx with a small zipptie and push it back behind the servos no problems with the wire binding
Aug 09, 2009, 06:08 PM
The sky ate my homework!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
Since I have been wanting to put wheels on the CF, I did it. I still have to paint all of the pieces. But, these pics are what I have before paint.
AJ
hi AJ, looks great. I'd like to do the same to my Easystar plane. Where dd you get the wheels from?

This mod loks like a nice belly save. I put clear tape under my plane's fuse but after a dozen landings the tape is disintegrating.

Thanks

Michael
Aug 10, 2009, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaehay
hi AJ, looks great. I'd like to do the same to my Easystar plane. Where dd you get the wheels from?

This mod loks like a nice belly save. I put clear tape under my plane's fuse but after a dozen landings the tape is disintegrating.

Thanks

Michael
The wheels work great. Here they are:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3892
I used .0625 music wire and some plastic tubing that I had laying around for stops.
Note: Sometimes they come in blue like mine did. So, roll the dice and get what you get.
BTW-The painting is done.
AJ
Aug 10, 2009, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
AJ,

Yup. Right here . For the wheels.
AJ.

Quick Reply