Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 20, 2008, 09:45 PM
Registered User
jhicks's Avatar
Discussion

New From Fancy Foam: The Andrew Jesky Osiris and Jason Noll Seminoll!


Hey Guys,

I thought I would mention 2 new aircraft from Fancy Foam models. You indoor pattern guys look at this....

The Andrew Jesky "Osiris" will be on Sale tomarrow!

The Jason Noll "Seminoll" is on Sale Today!

Guys I have seen and flown both of these aircraft. They both fly amazing. You will not be dissapointed. These were debuted at the Kansas 1st Annual Central Planes E-Fly. Both planes flew in the F3P-A contest. See the videos.

See www.fancyfoam.com for details and purchase
Last edited by jhicks; Dec 20, 2008 at 09:54 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2008, 09:46 PM
Registered User
jhicks's Avatar

pics


The Jason Noll "Seminoll"

Video Here
Jason Noll, F3P - A, Seminoll (2 min 40 sec)
Dec 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
Registered User
jhicks's Avatar

pics


The Andrew Jesky "Osiris"

Video Here
Andrew Jesky, 2008 Wichita F3P - A (1 min 55 sec)
Dec 20, 2008, 11:09 PM
Fly lower!
aerolite's Avatar
jhicks,

do you know what setups they each are flying? i.e. motor, servos, esc's, etc.

Thanks for the info about the kit sales.

mini ifo
Dec 20, 2008, 11:35 PM
Registered User
3D-Seth's Avatar
Mini IFO,

I'm pretty sure Andrew is using the Hacker A10 15S on his Osirus.

Jason is probably using the A10 12S on his Seminoll.

They both (being Team Futaba pilots) are probably using Futaba 3154's on the ailerons, and I'm not sure what they use on the tail. Not sure of ESCs either.

Andrew/Jason, correct me if I'm wrong....

Jason allowed me to fly his Seminoll after ETOC last year and it flew VERY well. I'm sure he's made a few changes to it since then too.

Andrew's looks amazing flying. And coming from Andrew, I'm sure its awesome.

Both look like great flying airplanes!

Seth
Dec 20, 2008, 11:44 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
hpapilot's Avatar
These are both awesome airplanes. Andrew allowed Jamie and I to fly the Osiris in the contest and I instantly clicked with the plane. It really excels in all areas of pattern. I also helped AC build a Seminoll Saturday night and put a few flights on it the next morning, and I was very impressed with it as well. They have their differences that will suit different pilot preferences. You really can't go wrong with either.

3154's or 3114's work well on all surfaces. Here's my Osiris setup that is very similar to Andrew's:

Hacker A10-15S
Hacker X-5
Futaba S3154 Ailerons
Futaba S3114's Elev/Rudder
GWS 8x4.3 prop

This works well on a 2S 300 pack, though a 250 can work as well. We're looking at an AUW of around 4.5 or 4.6 oz for the Osiris without any lightening. It feels extremely light at that weight due to its large size.

RJ
Dec 21, 2008, 02:03 AM
Registered User
Andrew Jesky's Avatar
Like all have said between these two planes you cannot go wrong. I'm really pumped about both planes. Jason has created a great flying design that is an all around great flyer. The Osiris is a mono plane that has the rudder authority of a bipe without the bad habits of a bipe. Just like Jasons these planes have little to know roll, or pitch coupling.

My osiris setup.

Hacker A10-15s
Hacker X-5
Gws 8x4.3
Futaba 3154/3114 servos
Futaba 616 receiver
Thunder Power 2s 250

AUW was 4.5, Not to bad for a big foamy!!!

Jason Seminoll was

Hacker A10-12s
Hacker X-5
GWS 8x4HD
Futaba 3114 servos
Futaba 616 receiver
Thunder Power 2s250
AUW was 4.5 ounces.

I cannot thank Mike Hammel at Fancy Foam enough for taken on this project of mine. He has been great to work with and produces in my opinion the best foamy on the market today.

Andrew
Dec 21, 2008, 07:17 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Azarr's Avatar
Man, I just can't build fast enough to keep up with the great new designs . I think it's interesting that the brakes on the Osiris move with the Ailerons and the brakes on the Seminoll remain stationary. Two totally different ways of approaching the brakes from two top pilots.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Dec 21, 2008, 07:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Man, I just can't build fast enough to keep up with the great new designs . I think it's interesting that the brakes on the Osiris move with the Ailerons and the brakes on the Seminoll remain stationary. Two totally different ways of approaching the brakes from two top pilots.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Can't decide which idea to use, right?
Dec 21, 2008, 07:56 AM
Registered User
xtremeRCpilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
Like all have said between these two planes you cannot go wrong. I'm really pumped about both planes. Jason has created a great flying design that is an all around great flyer. The Osiris is a mono plane that has the rudder authority of a bipe without the bad habits of a bipe. Just like Jasons these planes have little to know roll, or pitch coupling.

My osiris setup.

Hacker A10-15s
Hacker X-5
Gws 8x4.3
Futaba 3154/3114 servos
Futaba 616 receiver
Thunder Power 2s 250

AUW was 4.5, Not to bad for a big foamy!!!

Jason Seminoll was

Hacker A10-12s
Hacker X-5
GWS 8x4HD
Futaba 3114 servos
Futaba 616 receiver
Thunder Power 2s250
AUW was 4.5 ounces.

I cannot thank Mike Hammel at Fancy Foam enough for taken on this project of mine. He has been great to work with and produces in my opinion the best foamy on the market today.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.... Now I am going to have to buy both to see which one i like better! I have a 10-15 and 10-12 laying around waiting to be installed. Great looking designs and I am in need of another mono plane. Cant wait to see ya guys at the ETOC!!


John
Dec 21, 2008, 08:22 AM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
hpapilot's Avatar
One quick note about using the A10-12S... be caaareful. The A10-15S can get extremely hot running an 8" prop, so you can imagine what the 12S (higher kV) will do.
Dec 21, 2008, 09:32 AM
Registered User
xtremeRCpilot's Avatar
I would run a 7x4.3 prop at the 10-12s. Hey, if anyone is interested in trading the 12s for a 15s I would be grateful!!!or I would sell it for $25 shipped LMK

John
Dec 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Azarr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry999
Can't decide which idea to use, right?
Exactly!!! But, I have so many kits backed up now who knows when I'll actually get to try it. That and the "spades" or whatever we decided they are on Martin's Extra 300. There just never seems to be enough time.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Dec 21, 2008, 09:57 AM
is it flying time?
Jerry Combs's Avatar
I got to see both models fly at the E-Fly in Wichita and they are both very tempting models. I thought my model flew slowly until I saw the Seminol and the Osiris fly. Mike may get some money out of me yet!

Jerry
Dec 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
Intermediate Multi
Trisquire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot
One quick note about using the A10-12S... be caaareful. The A10-15S can get extremely hot running an 8" prop, so you can imagine what the 12S (higher kV) will do.
Do AXIs run cooler than Hackers?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Vrolet VIII from Fancy Foam JasonNoll Indoor Pattern/F3P 27 Feb 26, 2009 04:53 PM
Discussion New plane from Jason Noll/Fancy Foam Azarr Indoor Pattern/F3P 176 Mar 10, 2008 05:19 PM
Discussion Selitac Foam- New from RC Foam.com, anybody try it? VictoryRoll-91 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 11 Aug 07, 2007 03:56 PM
New Fancy Foam Cap 232 montu 3D Flying 15 Jul 08, 2004 06:07 PM