Techone EPP Piaget - Page 11 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 05, 2009, 11:03 PM
KF7JBN
Jhondra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
Just wanted to mention that the Piaget is becoming my go-to plane. It's so easy to fly it even makes me look good. My poor Infineon seems to be gathering dust....though my youngest son still likes to fly it.

Bob
Yup...my Piaget has been one of my favorite planes of all time. If it wasn't for the wind, I would fly it every night. As it is, I've been flying it in the small overflow common area of our sub-division (like 300'x100' only!) every chance I get (and the poor thing has the CA glue seams to prove it). Seriously, though, this is a joy to fly. It is so easy to pop over for even 10 minutes if I look outside and see that the trees are still, poof*! I'm out the door and flying for even 5 minutes (all I can get out of 2 410mA 2S1P lipos).

I just got some new Lipos from Hobby city, and I was laughing. Here's why. I got a 5S1P 3000mAh one, a 4S1P 3000mAh one, and two new 410mAh 2S1P ones. It cracks me up the diversity of bats I have (the former for a 5lb Tiger 2 conversion to electric, and the later for this Piaget). The Tiger 2 obviously takes a LOT more thought and planning to go fly than the Piaget...sigh. Wish I had a couple hundred acres with a paved landing strip...just out back...grin.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2009, 12:38 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
I just got back a little while ago from the local shop and had some stuff to post,look what just popped up from techone.. guess i'll be calling the shop back tomorrow,should be cool for the indoor only guys. Tecchone Mini Epp Planes .
May 07, 2009, 05:39 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Azarr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real
I just got back a little while ago from the local shop and had some stuff to post,look what just popped up from techone.. guess i'll be calling the shop back tomorrow,should be cool for the indoor only guys. Tecchone Mini Epp Planes .
Well, here's one (maybe two) I just can't resist. The weights listed are interesting, right now I'm flying a 17" Fidgit, 3mm depron, 10g motor, 3-2.5g servos, TB 6 lightened, and an AR6300 receiver with a TP2S 250 pack, pull pull on rudder/elevator. I'm right at 79g at this weight. I just got some of the new Hyperion 120 2s packs which will cut almost 8gms off of the weight which will bring me down to 71g. At 79g my wing loading is 2.7oz/sq ft and I'd really like to be down to 2oz/sq ft but don't really have anywhere else to cut weight without milling the airframe. It flys great, but because of the wing loading, nothing like an F3P plane.

If these two mini's can really come in at 53g with battery, they should be outstanding.

Does anyone know the weight of the listed CM05 motor? There may be additional weight savings in both the motor and the smaller prop compared to what I'm using now.

Azarr
May 08, 2009, 02:02 AM
Registered User
ann343128320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real
I have the techone 1100kv outrunner and gws 8x4 prop,esc and servos are techone to. The hobbycity version looks like its the same outrunner from the specs. For lipos im running 2cell 430 packs for about 5 minutes or 3 cell tp 730s.. the 730 packs bring the weight up but flights were about 8 to 10 minutes and i like it heavier for outdoors and ofcourse on 3 cell packs it has a lot more power.
the outrunner is should 2500KV
May 08, 2009, 04:29 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
Sorry about that,hobbycity listed it as 1100kv so i assumed it was correct .
May 10, 2009, 11:05 AM
Registered User

C of G


Hi guys,

I just finished building me Paiget,


wat is the C of G point that you guys are using.. ?

Cos at the 80mm ( it seems i have to push my 800 mah 7.4V) right up the nose behind the motor.. even that it still shows tail heavy..

something dont seems right...


please give me some advise here..

Also as a reference point to start my measuring .. I am taking it from the leading edge of the wing.. at the very edge of the foam where it ends on that wing peice... (basically where the 2 foam meets)


Also down and right thrust adjustment.. having the screws mounted as an X position as to a + .. how do i compensate for the motor thrust? whoich screw should i place washers behind? looking at it from the front on..

sorry.. newbie here .. with EPP 3D stuff.

cheers guys.
May 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
We would rather be flying!
moody152's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian84
Hi guys,

I just finished building me Paiget,


wat is the C of G point that you guys are using.. ?

Cos at the 80mm ( it seems i have to push my 800 mah 7.4V) right up the nose behind the motor.. even that it still shows tail heavy..

something dont seems right...


please give me some advise here..

Also as a reference point to start my measuring .. I am taking it from the leading edge of the wing.. at the very edge of the foam where it ends on that wing peice... (basically where the 2 foam meets)


Also down and right thrust adjustment.. having the screws mounted as an X position as to a + .. how do i compensate for the motor thrust? whoich screw should i place washers behind? looking at it from the front on..

sorry.. newbie here .. with EPP 3D stuff.

cheers guys.

Hello
The instruction manual on page 7 shows where to measure from, CG at 80mm or 3.15" back from where the wing leading edge meets the fuse section (not from the front of fuse).
Also while looking at the front of the plane, it says try placing small washers between the upper right side of X and firewall for thrust angle (you may need to place up to 2 washers on the upper left and 3 on the upper right).

Are you using 6g or less servos and are they mounted under the wing and alerons? What about the battery, is it a 2 cell 800mah?

I hope this helps, it not maybe some others can post what they have done on there builds.

Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

I now have the Pulama Biplanes in stock for those that are interested.
May 10, 2009, 12:37 PM
We would rather be flying!
moody152's Avatar
Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

I now have the Pulama Biplanes in stock for those that are interested.[/QUOTE]


Forgot to post Link to Piaget manual:
http://www.techonehobby.com/upfile/p...70_4203478.pdf
May 10, 2009, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody152
Hello
The instruction manual on page 7 shows where to measure from, CG at 80mm or 3.15" back from where the wing leading edge meets the fuse section (not from the front of fuse).
Also while looking at the front of the plane, it says try placing small washers between the upper right side of X and firewall for thrust angle (you may need to place up to 2 washers on the upper left and 3 on the upper right).

Are you using 6g or less servos and are they mounted under the wing and alerons? What about the battery, is it a 2 cell 800mah?

I hope this helps, it not maybe some others can post what they have done on there builds.

Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

I now have the Pulama Biplanes in stock for those that are interested.

I am using 800mah 2S ands yes i am using 6G servo, mounted in the default location, the cut outs for them... i gues i am measureing about 1 cm to far forward... if i take it from where it meets the fuse... it will put me back bout 1 CM... which i think is still makes it tail heavy even if I place the Battery as far forward right behind the motor...

this sound right?

80mm COG is this for just normal flying?

FOr 3d, hovering ... what COG are people using?


cheers
May 10, 2009, 10:12 PM
ExtremeFlightRC.com
horton's Avatar
Ian,

I'll try to measure mine on Monday (US). I'm using a 3S 500 mAh and have it against the wing strut. Are you using a Techone motor?

Get Real might have some input as well.

Noll
May 10, 2009, 10:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton
Ian,

I'll try to measure mine on Monday (US). I'm using a 3S 500 mAh and have it against the wing strut. Are you using a Techone motor?

Get Real might have some input as well.

Noll
Yup, all my servos, esc and motor are all techone's.

hear from u soon. tks
May 11, 2009, 10:11 AM
Registered User

In the mai!


Okay - you guys have sold me on the Piaget - mine is now winging its way to Harper, Texas from Hobby City.

After reading through this thread, I decided to go light with the following:

- included motor
- 8x3.7 prop
- HS55 aileron servo with long Dubro control arm
- 5 gram HTX servos for rudder/elevator
- 2S 610 ma LiPo (Rino)
- 10 amp Turnigy ESC

I've scratch built six or eight foamies over the last couple of years, so I don't anticipate any build problems.

The wind is almost always blowing here in the spring, so there's no telling when I can maiden the plane.
May 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
ExtremeFlightRC.com
horton's Avatar
Ian,

My COG is at 90mm. Easy to hover with it there.

Noll
May 11, 2009, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton
Ian,

My COG is at 90mm. Easy to hover with it there.

Noll
Tks Noll, thats measuring form where the Leading edge Meets the Fuse right ? right at that point yeh?

Also.. have u added washers to offset the thrust line on the motor?
May 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
ExtremeFlightRC.com
horton's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian84
Tks Noll, thats measuring form where the Leading edge Meets the Fuse right ? right at that point yeh?

Also.. have u added washers to offset the thrust line on the motor?
Yes, measured at the LE carbon strip where the wing meets the horizontal fuselage.

I did add a washer to add some down and right thrust.

Noll


Thread Tools