Dec 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

mCX USB Charger Now Available

The mCX USB Charger that I have been developing is now available for ordering. We have a limit quantity for this first round, so the first orders will ship and then any others will be backordered for about 1-2 weeks. If you DO NOT want to chance being put on the backorder list, please email us and check on stock before you order.

Since this is a new area for my company, we have decided to start a new division under the name E-Heli. We may change this if we are conflicting with any other "E-Heli" companies :red:

Please visit the link below to go to our ordering page:

http://www.rpc-electronics.com/eheli/index.htm

At this time, we are working on procurring a UK dealer, but nothing is yet set in stone. We will however, in the meantime ship overseas.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2008, 12:29 AM
Suspended Account
Mail sent,, set it aside for me and let me know how you want paid

contact www.jchobbies.com ask for betty i am sure she will take a dozen or so. they sold pallets of MCXs this year
Dec 19, 2008, 01:30 AM
Stress Be Gone
What kind of indicator is there on the charger to let one know that the charge is complete?

Comment:
The $12 price is nice but $8 for shipping is pretty steep in my opinion.
Last edited by GBR2; Dec 19, 2008 at 01:39 AM.
Dec 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
PC guru and Heli NUT!
Description on how it works please...
Any software with it? How do you know when its charged? lights?
Auto shutoff?
Dec 19, 2008, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaglow_Z
Description on how it works please...
Any software with it? How do you know when its charged? lights?
Auto shutoff?
No software required since this charger only utilizes the +5VDC from the USB port. It does not communicate with the computer in any way.

There is a single LED indicator that stays off when plugged in and DOES NOT have a battery attached. When the battery is attached, you get a solid LED and the LED will go out when the charging cycle is complete. It's that simple!
Dec 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Guy
contact www.jchobbies.com ask for betty i am sure she will take a dozen or so. they sold pallets of MCXs this year
Well, I called Betty and I told her that I had a product that she might be interested in. She yelled "This is the worst time of the year to call me and try to sell me somthing!" and hung up. She did'nt even give me a chance to tell her what it was.

I don't think I want to do business with anyone like that. Sorry.
Dec 19, 2008, 04:16 PM
Stress Be Gone
Just a suggestion but you should put a link on your RPC home page to the eheli page. I didn't find anything on the home page to do this. Might also want to add to the announcement box on your home page that these are available.
Dec 19, 2008, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
Just a suggestion but you should put a link on your RPC home page to the eheli page. I didn't find anything on the home page to do this. Might also want to add to the announcement box on your home page that these are available.
Yes, that is in the plans, but I had to come up with a site really quick last night to get these posted. I have to admit, the current page is a crappy 30 minute job. I need to add crosslinks and other announcements.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Dec 19, 2008, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4NYV
Well, I called Betty and I told her that I had a product that she might be interested in. She yelled "This is the worst time of the year to call me and try to sell me somthing!" and hung up. She did'nt even give me a chance to tell her what it was.

I don't think I want to do business with anyone like that. Sorry.
I will call and talk to her, she can be moody lol, but she is very nice in reality.

btw process my order! thanks,
Dec 19, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'm a...rocket, man.
This product makes it even harder for me to not buy the MCX. The weird 'charging-batteries-off-other-batteries' deal made it easy to hold off buying another copter for awhile. Now I'll be getting one sometime soon...

Nice job coming up with this product! $20 delivered is reasonable IMO.
Dec 19, 2008, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
well, i just got yelled at too. rofl. they are busy there as they are the largest shop in the tri-state area. she said to get in touch after christmas.
Dec 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
will this work with the Vapor and etc?
Dec 19, 2008, 06:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
will this work with the Vapor and etc?
I have not personally confirmed this since I do not own a Vapor, but, numerous people on many message boards have assured me that the Vapor battery is the same as the mCX battery. Sounds like it will work.
Dec 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
They are not the same, the MCX is 110 mA, the Vapor is 70... IIRC
Dec 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
They are not the same, the MCX is 110 mA, the Vapor is 70... IIRC
Is the connector the same? If so, then the Vapor battery will just charge faster than the mCX battery.

Quick Reply