Dec 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
The Penultimate flyer
Thread OP
Cool

eflypower DIU DLG what's it like ?

Does anyone have any experience with this plane ?
My searches for information have come up blank.
I've never done any DLG stuff, and in fact I only got hooked on slope soaring 2 months ago, so this is all new to me.
I really wanted an Alula, but I can't wait forever for them (Dream flight) to get their act together.
This plane is obviously an Alula clone, and it was so cheap, that I couldn't resist buying a couple (apparently they only come in pairs, and mate for life).
They haven't arrived yet, and I was hopeing for some build hints, or impressions (good or bad -it's all good to know).

http://shop.eflypower.com/shop/views.asp?hw_id=1831

Name:Slope Soarers EPP DIU DLG x 2
Sale: AUD$59.00 for two.(US$ 41.00)

EPP DIU DLG
Material: 30X EPP
Empty Weight:95g
Total Weight:160-200g
Wing Span:880 mm
Length:590mm
Color: White
Two Units in One Pack

Thanks.
Last edited by TSnake; Sep 11, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2008, 05:00 AM
The Penultimate flyer
Thread OP
Shameless bump.
Dec 18, 2008, 06:05 AM
This sounds like an awesome deal, you get two for $41... Like you, I don't think I can't wait any longer for the Alula... It looks like this one is on the heavy side though, weighing at 160g-200g as a glider.
Dec 18, 2008, 09:44 AM
Don't worry about it!
By looking at the flight picture, it seems to me that it is made to be a sloper.

G. If you want something like this, just go ahead and make a set of templates for the wing and head on over to my place. I got the cutter working, just don't have time right now to make templates with school and all.

OH. And BYOF.
(bring your own foam)
Dec 18, 2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I've ordered them already... So, you finished building your foam cutter I assume. What did you use for the power source, a transformer and a dimmer switch to regulate the amps/watts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.m.
By looking at the flight picture, it seems to me that it is made to be a sloper.

G. If you want something like this, just go ahead and make a set of templates for the wing and head on over to my place. I got the cutter working, just don't have time right now to make templates with school and all.

OH. And BYOF.
(bring your own foam)
Dec 18, 2008, 02:18 PM
nice
Dec 18, 2008, 09:53 PM
Registered Billy
LittleG, if you don't mind me asking, what was the shipping time and cost to the USA?

Brian
Dec 19, 2008, 05:40 AM
Actually, the shipping cost is kind of high, 40 something bucks, but you get the package within three-to-five working days...So, if you think about it, we're actually paying 40 bucks a plane since the kit comes with two gliders. However, I'm still going to order an Alula once it becomes available again.

LG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkopke
LittleG, if you don't mind me asking, what was the shipping time and cost to the USA?

Brian
Last edited by LittleG; Dec 21, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
Dec 19, 2008, 10:13 AM
Don't worry about it!
Build log???

Oh and uh...

Whaddya going to do with the second one? (hint hint)
Dec 20, 2008, 08:23 AM
Registered Billy
Thanks LittleG, I figured the shipping cost would be kinda high since they are in Asia. Although 3-5 days wait isn't too bad. Let us know how they look and etc.

Brian
Dec 22, 2008, 12:56 AM
a.k.a. GlideZilla
I received mine today. I also ordered a mini-eagle.

In my package were two bags full of assorted screws (of the PC assembly type) which totalled over 1 kg of additional weight. They went straight in the bin. No wonder the shipping costs are so high for what amounts to a package of foam!

What motor are you guys thinking of using?

Cheers
Dean
Last edited by Dean.roberts; Dec 22, 2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: typo
Dec 22, 2008, 01:04 AM
The Penultimate flyer
Thread OP
I'll be slope soaring mine, so mother nature will be my motor.
What's the story with the screws, what are they for ?
What do you think of the quality of the kit ?
Dec 22, 2008, 01:50 AM
Like Tsnake, I'll be powering mine with mother nature (slope soaring) and human power (DL/SAL)... I've been bitten by the silent-flight bug... It didn't hurt much, just stung a little, which grounded all of my e-powered planes.
Dec 22, 2008, 05:58 AM
Buy, Sell, Buy and Sell
Hi All,

I got a few of these a while back when a special was on.

Here are a few picks of the foam parts (some shown with my Alula undergoing some renovation - notice its about to attack!).
What i have not included is the fiberglass top and bottom spars, and the spars for the elevons which are very heavy. OK for the slope but go carbon if you are trying handlaunch.

The EPP is a lot stiffer than an Alula an I suspect it will tear a lot easier too.

Cheers Matt

EDIT - I did give one to Glydr and here is what he did with his - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post10945655
Last edited by mr_g; Dec 22, 2008 at 06:42 AM.
Dec 22, 2008, 02:53 PM
PWP!
Thanks for the airfoil pic. Saved me from buying 2 of my own to find out.

Quick Reply