Dec 15, 2008, 05:11 PM
War Eagle!
Thread OP
Discussion

Buck/Boost Switching reg. ~12Watt system

I just finished designing and spinning/assembling/testing the first rev of these boards. Circuit is based on the LTC3533 from Linear Technologies.

Anyone here interested in more details? I can provide schematics, design reasoning, along with gerbers and the original board design files.

This could be useful as a UBec in your equipment where you want to set your voltage specifically to your needs. My current design sits on a 1.5"x1" pcb, could be made smaller if needed.

Vin can range from 1.5v to ~6v (I need to check the sheet), Vout can be up to 12v I think. I'm not sure on the details as I am designing around 1.5v-5.5v in and 4.75v out.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2008, 06:14 AM
Superluminal
I'd be interested to see what you've done?

How noisy is it?
Dec 18, 2008, 06:34 PM
War Eagle!
Thread OP
I can't say for sure. The design is barebones, just the regulator circuit. It has holdup caps on the output to take out the ripple, but otherwise you would have to filter it for your application.

Please see page 10 of the datasheet for the schematic.

Be warned my design is totally SMT and SMT parts are almost required for stable operation of most of these types of IC's, so if you aren't comfortable with them it may not be a project worth taking on.

I do have another 5v regulator in my stable, but it is a purely boost regulator, so no running it on a 2s lipo.

Quick Reply