View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 02, 2014, 11:25 AM
treefinder
Yup!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2014, 03:05 PM
skumgummi dave
Take the "Springer Creamer Cup Challenge" SCCC.
Oct 02, 2014, 05:25 PM
It's always C A V U

Thursday Nite Flying Report

The flying report for tonight is no flying. The field was jam packed with a high school cross country meet.

Dave F
>< *>
Oct 02, 2014, 06:46 PM
Mike, "dread", of an extreme degree...
Oct 02, 2014, 06:49 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Wow i am glad i had this jammed up plumbing issue today that i have now cleared after much time spent trying to solve without cutting the piping. Oh well as murphy says cut the pipe its only pvc. Sinks now draining again. Boy i sure would be doing plumbing then flying--- not! . Springer you always make me laugh with your antics. Thanks for the good laugh.
Oct 02, 2014, 07:00 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
The flying report for tonight is no flying. The field was jam packed with a high school cross country meet.

Dave F
>< *>
Joe was noting that he wanted to fly tonight after his trip. Bummer....
Oct 02, 2014, 07:07 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
I want to thank Mike and Dave for taking the time to show me some of the ins and outs on flying gliders.
I am not there by any means, but the wealth of information has helped me feel comfortable (not sure if you can actually feel that flying) and what to look for. Thanks guys, you do not know how much I appreciate it!
Hopefully I can soar the clouds with the "Masters" in the near future.
Also a special thanks to Ken on the frames for my quad copter. Have not had to the chance to swap out the gear yet but so far they look great!
I am so glad I hooked up with you guys, you make this hobby fun!
P.S. Dave I figured out the trim issue .
Oct 02, 2014, 07:43 PM
Joe The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
I think grandson Fannon is now an unclub member, he is posted on the website and officially the youngest member at 7 days old. What cha think?
Joe are you teaching him to pinch the tx sticks or use his thumbs?
Congratulations.

Dave F
>< *>
I plan to teach him to pinch the sticks of course. I wish someone showed me the right way before I established all the neuropathways for thumbing the sticks.
Got out and flew a little tonight, but not the Radian. Our field was occupied by a cross country meet so I had to make do at the alternate field.
Joe
Oct 02, 2014, 08:45 PM
Ken's CAD Models

New Indoor Biplane

I saw an old plan for an early RC rudder only biplane and loved the looks. Reminds a bit of Jimmy's J Flyer. It was originally designed by Vic Smeed and called the Flipper. I like the name so we'll stick with Flipper.

Specifications;

18" wingspan
124 sq. in. wing area
1811 - 2000 Kv motor
2s battery

Foam construction from 3mm Depron.

Ken
Oct 02, 2014, 09:00 PM
Looks nice Ken, I am working on converting a C/L bi plane to R/C, it is called a Tyro Trainer, I am extending the nose 2" to get it to balance with out adding too much weight to the nose.

Mike
Oct 03, 2014, 03:56 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeofthenorth View Post
Looks nice Ken, I am working on converting a C/L bi plane to R/C, it is called a Tyro Trainer, I am extending the nose 2" to get it to balance with out adding too much weight to the nose.

Mike
Mike, the cg on that model will be further aft than it is for control line. Typically a control line models CG is set to around 20-25% of chord, whereas you will want 30-33% in an RC model. Just saying that the nose moment looks good as is. Making it longer may screw up yaw stability.

Ken 😄
Oct 03, 2014, 10:14 AM
I glued a 2" block of foam to the nose, I will move the CG back a little and see how much I have to shorten the nose, Ken thanks for the info.

Mike
Oct 03, 2014, 03:56 PM
Ken's CAD Models

VLF Pitts Special takes shape

Ready to start installing gear.

Ken 😄
Oct 03, 2014, 04:17 PM
Ken, Your attention to detail is inspiring. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Keith
Oct 03, 2014, 04:47 PM
Ken's CAD Models
I still have to add a tailwheel, though it will not be steerable. I also have not doped out all the aileron details yet.

Ken

Quick Reply