View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 31, 2013, 07:21 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Sorry I missed this one - would have really liked to have seen the hinge creation techniques. My Back is much better today but still a bit stiff.
How about next meeting we discuss wing designs, reinforcement and the flight characteristics of them. There are so many KF#s plus other types. Just an idea, unless this has already been done.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Jan 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2013, 08:34 AM
treefinder
Glad the ol' back is better. The wing discussion hasn't been held, and it's a good one. We just have to remember 6 days from now that we are all gonna do it!
Jan 31, 2013, 09:11 AM
Flys Like A Brick
I do wish that I was there for the sessions. There is always a great topic I would like to learn more about. So I hope the un-Secretary is taking good notes with the special pen so I can catch up in April.

I loved the guads when I was there last,and sorry I missed the OK's, as I would like to build one with the new box of foam I got just before I left town. So keep
Posting and I will keep reading and watching vid's you post.

Bob
Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 AM
AKA Don
I received orders for 3 shirts. one for Scott and two for John. Vista print said the price was only good till mid night. So I ordered 4 shirts. The 4 shirts cost $49.89 delivered. So, they are only $12.46 each.

That means there is one more available at $12.46

After that we will need to place another order AND THE PRICE WILL NEED TO CHANGE.

Since I am in FL, I had them delivered to Springer. So, Mike you will be getting a package from Vista Print.
Jan 31, 2013, 11:59 AM
GLMS
Don, Thank you very much. Should I send payment through Strong website?

John
Jan 31, 2013, 12:55 PM
Cool thanks Don,l'll be a proud member of the unclub with my new semff shirt

On another note,I finally started using MPF,I almost fit a full size MAKO seaplane on one sheet(not no 5 easy piece plane for sure).The new Ezfly Icon A5 also came with some for the float part.I am liking the stuff very much.
Jan 31, 2013, 01:32 PM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav913
Don, Thank you very much. Should I send payment through Strong website?

John
John,
Best if you send it as a PayPal "GIFT" directly to my email. That saves PP fees. I'll send you a PM with the email.
Jan 31, 2013, 01:35 PM
GLMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
John,
Best if you send it as a PayPal "GIFT" directly to my email. That saves PP fees. I'll send you a PM with the email.

gotcha.....
Jan 31, 2013, 09:32 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Don,

Is this the same design we had in the last purchase? Mine is still working fine, but if you have a new design i might be interested.
Feb 01, 2013, 07:56 AM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Don,

Is this the same design we had in the last purchase? Mine is still working fine, but if you have a new design i might be interested.
Same Design.
Feb 02, 2013, 09:14 AM
Old Bold Pilot
Hey. Has any body been watching the TV program called The Flight Line? I just saw it on the Velocity Channel. It's about general aviation. Today's show featured AT-6's converted to Jap Zeros for reinacting WWII dog fights, sky jumping, and a carbon fiber piper cub.
Oh, wait there's more. The Aviator's just came on. Just love Sat A.M. flying shows in the winter. Now back to flying foamy RCs....
Dave F
>< *>
Feb 02, 2013, 01:07 PM

Prop balancer

Hey you guys, what do you use for balancing props?
Feb 02, 2013, 04:25 PM
Flys Like A Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Hey you guys, what do you use for balancing props?
I got one of these when i was ordering a few other things and seems to work well.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...alancer/Detail
Feb 02, 2013, 07:23 PM
treefinder
Made a magnetic balancer. I can bring it this wed.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_B
I got one of these when i was ordering a few other things and seems to work well.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...alancer/Detail
Was looking at that one, not having one you really do not know what to look for. Screw driver is not the way to do it - the way I am doing it now that is. Are you coming Wednesday - would really like to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Made a magnetic balancer. I can bring it this wed.
Home made really - now that is my kind of thing. Would love to see it!
This is something else we could discuss - balancing props and how you add weight or remove weight - so much and so little time.