View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Jun 15, 2011, 12:25 PM
AKA Don
Thread OP
Dave thanks for the report. Here is a link to the 3.99 receivers

Not sure why I could not find it last night
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2011, 01:08 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Just bought 4... nice deal. About $6 each with shipping.
Jun 15, 2011, 09:44 PM
Scott
Friend has a mint dx6i. No bs here for aroundthat price. I think it is listed on michigansignalseekers.org Matt Komar VP of our club
Jun 16, 2011, 06:19 AM
\__(O)__/
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylinermy
Friend has a mint dx6i. No bs here for aroundthat price. I think it is listed on michigansignalseekers.org Matt Komar VP of our club
I would definitely be interested in that. I checked michigansignalseekers.org & it seems that you must be a member to view any classified lists. - Dave
Jun 16, 2011, 07:49 AM
remember a new one is only $160 so don't go too high on a used one.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPMR6610
Jun 16, 2011, 12:42 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRogerF4U
I would definitely be interested in that. I checked michigansignalseekers.org & it seems that you must be a member to view any classified lists. - Dave
Dave, I was able to look at the advertisements. Gotta click a few links there.

Ken
Jun 16, 2011, 01:06 PM
\__(O)__/
Now I see it. Not quite the price I can afford. I have a dx5e on hold as soon as they come in @ Prop Shop. They had to send their whole stock of them back for a re-call. the will have them on Friday.
Jun 16, 2011, 02:31 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Dave,

I remember when a digital 4 channel proportional radio was several hundred dollars in the early 70's. Thats probably comparable to the top end radios that are $1100-$1500 in todays money.

Just some perspective,
Ken
Jun 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
AKA Don
Thread OP
NEW Dx5 Trans and AR500 receiver--- $99 includes shipping. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EMXLWW/...SIN=B001EMXLWW
Jun 17, 2011, 05:46 AM
\__(O)__/
Dx5e transmitter only, new in box $60 Prop Shop
Jun 17, 2011, 09:49 AM
Yep, $60 is our standard price too- that's the going rate now on them.
And yep, radio sets have certainly gotten less expensive compared to when some of us old geezers started! And they have gotten so much more reliable too.

Patric
Jun 17, 2011, 03:59 PM
treefinder
Pat or John: did you ever get a good manual for your 9x TX?
Jun 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Pat or John: did you ever get a good manual for your 9x TX?
Me? well, one came in the box, half of it was translated pretty well (mine is a flysky th9x) but the last few instructions are not understandable chinglesh!

Although with the custom er9x firmware, it doesnt really matter, it comes with its own manual online, along with support by hundreds of geniuses (IMO). why did you ask?

Spring by the way, your ost video is compiling right now.... I tried like crazy to get a free copy of Glenn millers in the mood for the soundtrack, but struck out. I really don't know why thats not in my library already!

P
Jun 17, 2011, 10:40 PM
Came out ok... I have never used stills from screen captures before. I gotta work on that. Ignore the date, I never changed it.

Springer's OST Beech18 (1 min 51 sec)
Jun 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
treefinder
SWEET! Thanks for doing the vid guy, makes it look like I knew what I was doing!

On the 9x, I received a Turnigy 9x today and was wondering if I could program it. I downloaded the Imax manual, and found it to be pretty good, so far. Was able to set up three memories with (hopefully) correct controls and make my way through the menus. Interesting that the rudder/elevator and ailerons each have their own dual rate/expo switches - the 6ex only has one switch that changes all controls. The only issue I have so far is the "menu" button seems a bit wonky. I push it and sometimes nothing happens, although i guess sometimes it is doing something and i'm supposed to wait for it. Don't know if the switch is funky or i just don't know when to wait and when not to. Haven't hooked it up to rx yet. That'll be tomorrow and if weather is ok, perhaps a flight test. lessee, which one can I expend if need be???

So you went with the er firmware? What's different?

Quick Reply