View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

May 26, 2020, 03:21 AM
Interesting, thanks for the info. I remember the Northstar, it was pretty cool.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2020, 06:12 AM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Larry and fellow SEMFFer's I was out at Delhia's park (18 mile ) yesterday and there was a group of guys flying. There was four guys with identical jets doing some formation flying that was really cool. I wish I had a video as it would be hard to decide whether it was real or model planes.
There was a group of other planes which was really nice. But Larry guess who was there flying? "Mr. New Design" (Basil) yes the one and only Basil. He had a couple of store bought planes he was flying . It was a real nice group of guy's that fly there quite often I guess as long as there is no one using that field. I did know a couple of guys there ( brothers) who use to fly out at Stony once and awhile. I had no planes with me or I would have joined in.
May 26, 2020, 07:40 AM
Hmm, one of the drawbacks of a printed plane, can't keep it in the car, "just in case".
May 26, 2020, 05:12 PM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYG
Larry and fellow SEMFFer's I was out at Delhia's park (18 mile ) yesterday and there was a group of guys flying. There was four guys with identical jets doing some formation flying that was really cool. I wish I had a video as it would be hard to decide whether it was real or model planes.
There was a group of other planes which was really nice. But Larry guess who was there flying? "Mr. New Design" (Basil) yes the one and only Basil. He had a couple of store bought planes he was flying . It was a real nice group of guy's that fly there quite often I guess as long as there is no one using that field. I did know a couple of guys there ( brothers) who use to fly out at Stony once and awhile. I had no planes with me or I would have joined in.
Rick
I had ask around from some of the old Stoney gang if anyone had seen Basil and they had not. What a coincidence. Had some great Basil stories over the years. He would see someones plane that he was interested in and take mental measurements using his thumb and little finger spread apart. A week later he showed up with a reasonable facsimile . The following weeks the plane was tweaked and the the term “ New Design” , with his unique accent , was used to describe the new version. He was a lot of fun at the flying field.
May 26, 2020, 05:54 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Yes he is still quite the character. I knew you would enjoy my encounter with him.
May 27, 2020, 09:08 PM
Tomorrow morning looks kind of iffy for flying, so I’ll send the new link for a zoom meeting. We can adjourn early if it looks like we can fly.

The old Zoom meeting expired, so don't use the old meeting ID. I sent you a new Zoom meeting invitation with the new ID.
Last edited by eganders; May 27, 2020 at 09:26 PM.
Jun 02, 2020, 04:06 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.

I am still alive!!

Hey Guys been a long time since i have been on the RCGroups and Springer gave me a call about something and thought i would give you guys a little update.

My engineering business has taken off a lot and that left me with a lot less free time for RC. And I ended up buying a sailboat that takes up a big chunk of my free time.

I haven't stopped designing new stuff though. I have been coming up with a ton of cool new machines to sell for work. Mostly stuff for the car companies. With the whole Corona thing going on i came up with a new idea for a Shopping Cart Sanitizer that will clean shopping carts like a dishwasher.

I am also starting a little business with my daughter Hannah. She is i college to be a Music Teacher and needs a summer job so we are buildng a Lunch Truck on the water. It shall be called The Lunch Boat! Selling burgers and dogs from a pontoon boat. Should be a nice fun summer job even when she is a teacher.

So, even though I haven't been doing much flying, I am still being creative!

Also, my brother is building a real plane and started a Youtube Channel!! You guys should check it out. It was a little rough when he first started so i told him to quit trying to be serious. You are not a serious guy. His latest couple videos are funny!

Not allowed to stay home by myself anymore (12 min 43 sec)

Glad you guys are still at it! Keep flying!!
Jun 03, 2020, 10:27 AM
Hey looks kind of nice tomorrow. Do you all wanna go out and fly?
Jun 03, 2020, 10:37 AM
AKA Larry
I do.......where?
Jun 03, 2020, 01:10 PM
Well, stony creek park oak grove would be fine for me. Let’s see what the consensus is.
Jun 03, 2020, 06:26 PM
Retired CAD guy
So ! ?

No zoom tomorrow ?

I spoz I could do a Podcast from MY FIELD , but probably not
but only because it takes a Photographer and a Pilot.

regardless .. I got stuff to share !
B there or B Square !

So MAY B we'll CU 2morrow !

Bob
Jun 03, 2020, 08:15 PM
I'll check in on Zoom, same time as always.
Jun 03, 2020, 08:39 PM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eganders
Well, stony creek park oak grove would be fine for me. Let’s see what the consensus is.
Eric
That consensus group that you mentioned is not responding

Larry
Jun 03, 2020, 08:42 PM
Retired CAD guy
Ummmm ??? Yeah !!!!!

sigh ...................
Jun 03, 2020, 08:49 PM
treefinder
I'd love to join you at Stony, but the drive is soooo long. I could be available for zoom, though.

Quick Reply