View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 24, 2020, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Just checking in here. Life has been hectic caring for mom, who passed away on 3-10-2020. It still promises to be busy as we dispose of her estate.

I try to keep my ear to the ground here,
Ken
Very sorry to hear of your mother Ken. Lost my mother 2009 and still miss her. Your family is in our prayers.
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2020, 04:18 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Great day of flying at Stony today. Great to meet some new flyers. Enjoyable camaraderie. Good weather to burn up some electrons.
Mar 25, 2020, 04:50 PM
You are supposed to return those electrons to DTE, so we can all charge our batteries...
Mar 25, 2020, 07:49 PM
treefinder
Best day so far this year!!! Winds low if a bit changeable, sun, grass almost low enough. Free entry to park, friends to fly with. Unfortunately I forgot to switch on the electron recapture device on my planes and they all escaped to the atmosphere!

But I got to fly them all!
Mar 25, 2020, 10:04 PM
Oh no now the Ozone layer will be too thick.
Nice lineup. Glad they let you fly there again. Seems like the parks are coming to our aid, kinda makes up for what the feds are doing to us.
Mar 26, 2020, 07:09 AM
Nice to see you got out to fly. We got back from TX yesterday. Thought long and hard about staying put on South Padre Island but decided if we got sick the RV was not the place.
Mar 26, 2020, 08:03 AM
treefinder
Pete, an astute decision! There's no place like home. (Where have I heard that before?) South Padre, last time I was there, it was a windswept beach with seagrass covered dunes, empty of people. Our RV was a 75 Chevy short van with home made bed and Coleman stove (old style, white gas). A lot different now I expect.

Dave, if the ozone layer gets thicker, and we fill the hole with lipo electrons, isn't that better for us? It's so hard to keep track. . . Have to check Greta's website, she knows it all.

One of the guys was pondering yesterday whether the Skymasters field was gonna be closed. Your thoughts, Pete?
Mar 26, 2020, 08:08 AM
treefinder
FYI, I also got this from Fred yesterday:

We have been also been in contact with our friends at the hobby shops who have hunkered down until this blows over.  More than ever they need our support.  Here is a word from them and in some case I am paraphrasing there comments:   

John Hover at Flightline – Asked if we could mention to folks if they would like to order anything I’m happy to ship it. Email me at Flightline [email protected]  I check it pretty frequently, I’ll be here daily but I don’t have a real schedule.

Matt Brubaker at the Prop Shop – We spent yesterday trying to catch up.  “Prop Shop Hobbies is in full support of the Executive Order to help maintain and restore full health to our community. We are currently accepting website orders at www.propshophobbies.com  We are exploring the possibility of curbside pickup if in conjunction with the current order. Thank you for all your support during this time. Please stay healthy and safe”

Chris Wrigley from Nankin Hobby Shops - We are closed to the general public and are not allowing anyone in our stores to enforce social distancing as ordered. The only store that is open to the public is our Westland location being that it is our hardware branch.

However, Nankin Hobby and other businesses are allowed to “conduct minimum basic operations” as stated under the exception of 4(b) and 7(a). This includes managing inventory and processing transactions. We appreciate your understanding and are available if you have any questions. Nankin Hobby

Nankinhobby.com

(248)919-0040
Mar 26, 2020, 08:26 AM
Thanks Mike,
Matt is a great guy, & we must preserve these shops.
Mar 26, 2020, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Pete, an astute decision! There's no place like home. (Where have I heard that before?) South Padre, last time I was there, it was a windswept beach with seagrass covered dunes, empty of people. Our RV was a 75 Chevy short van with home made bed and Coleman stove (old style, white gas). A lot different now I expect.

Dave, if the ozone layer gets thicker, and we fill the hole with lipo electrons, isn't that better for us? It's so hard to keep track. . . Have to check Greta's website, she knows it all.

One of the guys was pondering yesterday whether the Skymasters field was gonna be closed. Your thoughts, Pete?
We were at Isla Blanca Park Dave. Just a tiny RV park with 600 sites. It was at least 3/4 full.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Is...!4d-97.1628362

As long as the state parks stay open our field will stay open. Twist my arm to come fly as a guest! PM for my cell number.

Pete
Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Unfortunately I just received and email from the DNR, they are closing some of the amenities at state run parks, including the r/c flying fields, looks like Skymasters field is closed for now.

Mike
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
treefinder
Darn, lost my chance! Now I'm stuck with flying the aerodrome!

Hey Mike are you lurking here often?
Yesterday, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeofthenorth
Unfortunately I just received and email from the DNR, they are closing some of the amenities at state run parks, including the r/c flying fields, looks like Skymasters field is closed for now.

Mike
Futz I missed that on first read! Thanks Mike.
Yesterday, 09:15 PM
Lurking, without much to say, hope everyone is staying safe.

Mike
Today, 08:03 AM
Brothers and sisters of the foam foam, please join me in wishing Mauai Joe a Happy Birthday.
Send him a text or call him and wish our buddy the bestest day ever.
Aloha. Love ya Joe, Barry

Quick Reply