View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 05, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
I had a great time with the SEMFF's today. After a nice breakfast at the Romeo Café we moved to Mike's Aerodrome for more fun. Wow! what a beautiful field to fly from. Mike has the whole area looking like a beautiful golf fairway. Weather was some of SEM's best. Very low wind and beautiful clear sky. Lots of planes were flying and Ken talked me into flying one of his stingrays he had been carving up the sky with. He launched it and I took it up in a nice controlled way. I got a few mistakes high and started to get comfortable with the plane and Ken's radio setup. OOPs' too comfortable a few poor but recognizable Cuban 8's and then I got disoriented. Shortly after it was down in the corn field. Fortunately Ken had watched and took a good bearing to where it disappeared. We helped him locate the bearing line into the corn and he used his cell phone to stay online in the 7-8 foot high corn field. It was not long at all until Ken announced "Got it".

All my planes and unbuilt kits found new rides home, lots of props an other misc. stuff
went along too. For those who could not make it. Next time you visit the Aerodrome ask mike if there are any left overs.
No words can express true gratitude for you Don. You are the best.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
treefinder
Wait a minute, I thought you said I'm the best! I'm so hurt

Yeah Don thanks for everything, you are the best. And there will be leftovers for a very long time! You guys who missed today should send me a wish list and I'll look through the stash for you!
Sep 06, 2019, 10:31 AM
Don your generosity and kind spirit has blessed me as well. I left with a BUNCH of props, couple of motors, a sack full of hardware, a Spitfire combat foamy, one of Ken's amphibians that you built, AND your old Stingray, which is a highly decorated veteran of the Stony Creek Air Wars.
But best of all...I got a new friend!
I took over 75 photos of Ken and Larry flying their Lazy Cubs and cropped them. Now I have to figure the best way to post them for you guys to see.
Sep 06, 2019, 11:20 AM
I think RC groups welcomes pictures, as they have the "Go Advanced" button below your reply to post pictures with...
Sep 06, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprpop
Don your generosity and kind spirit has blessed me as well. I left with a BUNCH of props, couple of motors, a sack full of hardware, a Spitfire combat foamy, one of Ken's amphibians that you built, AND your old Stingray, which is a highly decorated veteran of the Stony Creek Air Wars.
But best of all...I got a new friend!
I took over 75 photos of Ken and Larry flying their Lazy Cubs and cropped them. Now I have to figure the best way to post them for you guys to see.
Here's your Stingray Don, scars, victories, and character!
Sep 06, 2019, 12:51 PM
Woah, now that is a veteran!
Sep 06, 2019, 12:53 PM

Don's return to The Aerodrome

Thanks for the help Dbacon! Let's see if I got it. I have many very good ones of some fine days at the Aerodrome and will post them very soon...have to move them from the phone to the computer to somewhere else.....
Sep 06, 2019, 12:58 PM
These are of Ken and Larry flying their Lazy Cubs. No optical illusion, Ken's is his giant LC and Larry's is the original. I seriously regret not bringing mine, which is identical to these...but was concerned that it may have landed in the corn.
I particularly like Shadow, the Protector of the Aerodrome, chasing the streamer away!
Sep 06, 2019, 12:58 PM
No doubt about it, you got it! Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.
Sep 06, 2019, 02:40 PM
AKA Don
Thread OP
Wonderful Pictures. I nominate you for un official photographer.
Sep 06, 2019, 06:56 PM
Ken's CAD Models
It's been a long time for me. I really enjoy the company of all. Everyone has their unique talents and abilities, and they were all on display Thursday. Thank you Mike for hosting this event at your place, which was beautifully manicured for flying. Don, I am thankful for your generosity and energy, especially as the thread OP. I remember what I think was our first meeting at the field on Schoenner and 22 at the field next to the Catholic church. Some of my best memories is with this group.

Also, everyone else who was there, Barry, Steve, Eric, and Larry. There are many others of whom I dare not chance to name for fear of missing someone that were not there. I am betting that it is at least a dozen or two whom, I have had the privilege of friendship and comraderie.

I may not get out as often as I like, but it does make times like Thursday all the more special.

Thank you,
Ken
Sep 11, 2019, 08:00 PM
Looks like Romeo Cafe around 8:04 tomorrow.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:17 PM
AKA Larry
I will get there at 8 and wait in the car for four minutes
Sep 11, 2019, 08:39 PM
treefinder
I'll get there at approximately 8....
Sep 11, 2019, 09:50 PM
I'll be there at 8. I have a bunch of Don's planes that I have added the needed parts and put the nearly "appropriate" program in the transmitter. I would like you all to try your luck with them and lets see how they run. Of course that is assuming that we all decide to go to the aerodrome.

Quick Reply