View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 08, 2019, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcool
Show Linda this one Dave. Triple flower stocks. This is the 5th total time for new flower stalks.
Wow! Thatís beautiful Barry, Cheryl has had a couple but they didnít fare well when we moved from TX. She recently repotted a 12 years old African violet with organic soil that had gnat fungus...hoping that it will survive.
Meantime, weíre going up north this weekend for a week vacation. Taking a couple of box planes. Been missing you guys hope everyone is well and blessed! See you in a week or so,
ST
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2019, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Barry, you da man with orchids!
Hi all y'all from tx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one
Well, ours has grown 3 new leaves, 5 new roots, and 0 flower stocks since the last flowers.

So, how do you get flower stocks?
Proper light and fertilizer. Formula for both is a secret. Haha
Aug 08, 2019, 08:23 AM
treefinder
He could tell you, but he'd have to kill you.
Aug 08, 2019, 09:15 AM
It's always C A V U
Quote:
He could tell you, but he'd have to kill you.
He did. Tell me that is.

I do know that he uses compost tea on the orchids, but I think he talks to them a lot, like he does when he flys (an effort to get back on topic).

Dave F
Flowerless
Aug 09, 2019, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Barry, you da man with orchids!
Hi all y'all from tx!
Hey Mike! Hope you guys are cool and comfy. Any idea why I retired to Michigan? Have fun and be safe.
Aug 09, 2019, 09:31 PM
treefinder
Absolutely, 100 to 105F most every day this week. I'm ready for a pleasant peninsula!
Aug 12, 2019, 12:20 PM
AKA Don
Thread OP

Dons left overs

You SEMFF's are a great bunch. Unfortunately, after I left SEM I have never linked up with another group of FF's. The net result is I have a few built and whole bunch of unbuilt foamies and a lot of gear that I do not use. I'd like to donate it to the SEMFF gang.

I'll be in the area on Thursday 9/5. If you are having breakfast and or a flying session that day I'll bring my stuff and all present can have what they are willing to take away.

Yeah, free RC stuff. Besides the built and unbuilt planes, Carbon fiber, control rod wire, brushless motors (about 30), props 4-12" (about 1000), Colored packing tape, acrylic paints, wheels, control horns, prop-savers, prop adaptors, motor mounts and other bits and pieces.

I hope yo see you for breakfast and flying on 9/5
Aug 12, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
You SEMFF's are a great bunch. Unfortunately, after I left SEM I have never linked up with another group of FF's. The net result is I have a few built and whole bunch of unbuilt foamies and a lot of gear that I do not use. I'd like to donate it to the SEMFF gang.

I'll be in the area on Thursday 9/5. If you are having breakfast and or a flying session that day I'll bring my stuff and all present can have what they are willing to take away.

Yeah, free RC stuff. Besides the built and unbuilt planes, Carbon fiber, control rod wire, brushless motors (about 30), props 4-12" (about 1000), Colored packing tape, acrylic paints, wheels, control horns, prop-savers, prop adaptors, motor mounts and other bits and pieces.

How can beat that. Would love to meet ya, Barry
Aug 12, 2019, 05:33 PM
Couldn't go to a better bunch!
Aug 14, 2019, 06:10 PM
treefinder
Well, it's another wed night and I suppose everyone's traveling or attending some other important function tomorrow?
Aug 14, 2019, 06:21 PM
Iím still up north but coming home this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you gents!
Aug 14, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprpop
Wow! Thatís beautiful Barry, Cheryl has had a couple but they didnít fare well when we moved from TX. She recently repotted a 12 years old African violet with organic soil that had gnat fungus...hoping that it will survive.
Meantime, weíre going up north this weekend for a week vacation. Taking a couple of box planes. Been missing you guys hope everyone is well and blessed! See you in a week or so,
ST
Quote:
Well, it's another wed night and I suppose everyone's traveling or attending some other important function tomorrow?
Are you back Mike?
Aug 14, 2019, 09:04 PM
treefinder
Yup, got home Monday mid day. Yesterday was an all day foam packing one, and today was all day rug and upholstery shampoo session. I'm ready to eat and fly!
Aug 15, 2019, 05:23 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr

I don't need any materials, but I would love the reunion of sorts. I am putting it on my calendar and even flex or use vacation time for this one.

Where are we meeting for breakfast and what time?

Ken
Aug 15, 2019, 05:26 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Sure glad to see you SEMFFers are still SEMFFin'.
Sure has been a while and lots of new faces I see. Some old ones too thank God! Hope you guys haven't forgotten me. I still think about the annual picnics. Hope I can still keep my un-membership in the un-club.

So I hope all is well with everyone. Life here has been quite a crazy roller coaster ride the last few years. But I couldn't stay away for ever and that little voice that always made me fly when the wind was too high has been stabbing sweet nothings in my ear lately. Mike if your cell is still the same from what, 10 years ago... dang has it been that long? No way... well, I hope not. At least not since the last time we had lunch. But if your number is still the same I would love to call you and catch up.

So I drug all my stuff out... batts all have to be scrap by now. I did re-gear my latest T-1 a couple years back. Enjoyed up and down the street as where we live now our house is in a long line of houses without trees out front. You original SEMFFer's know me... I never could resist just going out in the front yard instead of doing the smart thing and heading to the field. Neighbor didn't appreciate the T-1 knocking on the house one night.

Took a peek at Hobbyking... yek... that sight sure has changed. Time for me to find where everyone's favorite cheap outlet for batts is these days. I'll need to buy a few things as I save the pennies but sooner or later I'll be back in the air.

So hope y'all don't mind me poking back in. Sure missed everyone and the fun flying.

Mike I'll shoot you a pm too... need to swap numbers again if your number is different.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jimmy
Maybe you could make the get together Sep 5?

Ken

Quick Reply