View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 11, 2019, 12:31 AM
The cool thing about Delia park is there are a few field options you can choose to fly from based on wind conditions or if the fields are being played on (soccer / foot ball)
Here's a pic with crude highlights showing what parts of the park we have flown at.
The arrows indicate the take off and land directions.

So where do you go for breakfast?
Last edited by FoxProGT; Jan 11, 2019 at 02:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2019, 09:31 AM
treefinder
When we flew there, we used the area on far left and far right. Is the big mound still in place in the left area?

Breakfast location varies, but we always agree here on thread by Wed evening. Most recently Moni's on 24 just west of Romeo Plank at 8:30. (Flying after at Stoney Church 26& Jewell). When weather warms we will probably move to the Pantry on 27 (flying after at Stony Creek metropark) or Romeo cafe (flying at Armada Aerodrome )
Jan 11, 2019, 03:29 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Yup!
The staff here at Global HQ are right on it. So skilled are they that the casual observer would think they were doing nothing, but when nothing is what you have to do, you have to do something to do nothing.
Jan 11, 2019, 03:48 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
A quick anecdote. At the dollar tree store near me .
Cashier to young boy in line with his mother "what are you doing today?"
Young boy "nothing"
Cashier "well how do you know when you are done?"
Jan 11, 2019, 08:07 PM
It's always C A V U
Quote:
Originally Posted by eganders
Just three things from my first day at CES 2019
The second photo is BellĎs prototype of a hex copter. It hasnít flown yet but it shows that theyíre serious about it.
First photo is a pretty cool boat thatís all I just thought it was neat.
Everybodyís licensing old names this company is using Victrola. Anything to get into the market I guess.
This is for Eric:

You know those bags you can get at a convention for handouts? Pick up one for me.

OH, put that boat and heli/drone copter in it and bring the bag to the next breakfast.

Thanks,
Dave F
>< (*<
Jan 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
Retired CAD guy
When the weather warms up !!! ???

You're gonna be real hungry by then !
Jan 12, 2019, 01:05 PM
treefinder
Man, Bob, you get all the luck! 29į and no snow at all here. Skis on one plane, just languishing. . .
Jan 12, 2019, 05:10 PM
Retired CAD guy
Luck, yeah yeah sure sure

I might have to have a go with the Swamp boat and Lockeys Vixen
if the wind will stay calm enough.

This is the time where Slide and Go capable planes really shine !
Jan 13, 2019, 08:44 AM
treefinder
Yup, that snow looks too smooth and pristine - need to get some tracks in it!
Jan 15, 2019, 11:08 AM
treefinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprpop
I just saw a YT video of a control line buddy flying of a frozen lake in MN, and thought that would be a great idea, but since Iím a Texan, Iím ignorant of the issue associated with standing on a frozen lake. There are some benefits, no trees, no holes hidden by grass, but.... I did see the pond at the Aerodrome and Iím sure my skill is not up to actually landing within 25í of a specific spot. Anybody have experience with RC on a frozen lake? I know youíre laughing....
No snow, but the pond is frozen nicely. Wanna try T&Gs? The plane retriever is at his post for you.
Jan 15, 2019, 04:51 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
No snow, but the pond is frozen nicely. Wanna try T&Gs? The plane retriever is at his post for you.
Is that Ranger? How's the old guy doing?

Ken
Jan 15, 2019, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Looks ferocious! I'll bring a tennis ball for a security distraction
Jan 15, 2019, 09:41 PM
treefinder
No, Ken , Ranger is buried out behind the pond where he liked to play. That's Shadow our Lab/Catahoula mix. He has some big paws to fill, but he's coming along at 3.5 months.

Steve, winds aren't in our favor over the next couple of days, but we'll have to keep watch. Sounds like snow by weekend on news tonight.
Jan 16, 2019, 12:29 AM
Quote:
No, Ken , Ranger is buried out behind the pond where he liked to play. That's Shadow our Lab/Catahoula mix. He has some big paws to fill, but he's coming along at 3.5 months.

Steve, winds aren't in our favor over the next couple of days, but we'll have to keep watch. Sounds like snow by weekend on news tonight.
Yep, and wind on top of this cold is reallly uncomfortable. Hope you guys are well.
Jan 16, 2019, 05:37 PM
treefinder
Another Wednesday night and time to confirm tomorrow's breakfast time and location: Moni's @ 8:30?

Quick Reply