View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 11, 2018, 11:39 AM
treefinder
So do ya think they are as good as they say they are?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2018, 12:52 PM
Well, they definitely work better than the turnigy nanotechs and zippy compacts I have. But it's difficult to compare, as my turnigys and zippys are old, puffy and probably have a few too many charge/discharge cycles on them. Time will tell on the Graphene batteries.

I was impressed that the 1000mah 3s Turnigy Graphene was able to power my Flightest SuperBee twin engine that pulls upwards of 50 Amps at full throttle and barely gets warm. It seems to live up to it's 65C rating.
Oct 11, 2018, 03:06 PM
treefinder
Hmmm, interesting. . .
Oct 11, 2018, 05:28 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decokid
Say guys, I am doing much better.....hope to be in flying shape for our next session. Thanks for the get well wishes and concerns...see u guys soon.

Larry
Larry,
Sorry that I missed your status report, but am glad to hear you're feeling better.

Best wishes for the future,
Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Oct 12, 2018, 10:07 AM
Keith,

I decided to get some 370 maH nanotech batteries from Hobby King. The ones you pointed me to had XT30 connectors on them and I am using JST connectors for my small planes.
Oct 13, 2018, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decokid
Say guys, I am doing much better.....hope to be in flying shape for our next session. Thanks for the get well wishes and concerns...see u guys soon.

Larry
Glad to hear youíre better! Itís a beautiful Saturday out there and Iím hearing a faint but clear voice calling from my airplane...
Hope to see you soon
Steve
Oct 13, 2018, 10:17 AM
Forgot to ask, anyone going to try to fly today?
Oct 13, 2018, 12:03 PM
Rough Landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter
I've only been buying Graphene LiPos lately, but they are not cheap.

You didn't mention if you were looking for 2S, 3S, or some other cell count, but here are a few of the cheapest Graphene LiPos that I am aware of:

2S 550 Mah 50C:
https://hyperion-world.com/en/charge...t-30-connector

3S 550 Mah 50C:
https://hyperion-world.com/en/charge...t-30-connector

I am using the Hyperion standard voltage (not high voltage), just like the ones listed above. If you search, i believe they have JST connectors also. I have about a dozen of them and really like them. They are all I buy now. There a lot of great deals and unique items on their site if you take the time to browse it. Their shipping has been prompt and I have not had any problems.
Oct 14, 2018, 11:36 AM
Hey Mike,

Your suggestion about increasing the dihedral of the wing on my big Krax worked very well. It is now a gentle giant and flies very nicely. I put an extra 10 degrees in a short length on each side just like my smaller Krax. See the photo.

It is somewhat a mess after numerous crashes, but, hey who cares. My next one will take all that knowledge with it.
Oct 14, 2018, 12:46 PM
treefinder
Sweet! Love it when a plan comes together!
Oct 16, 2018, 07:39 PM
treefinder
Beans coming off east field tonight. Got a chance to ride around with Larry (Hill) and he said the yield was running 64 bu/acre! Great crop, and gonna be great to fly over!

Winds so-so on Thu. We do have the church gym available, so where shall we breakfast?
Oct 16, 2018, 08:02 PM
AKA Larry
Bats charged, repairs made......indoor slow fly fleet ready to go.
Oct 16, 2018, 08:04 PM
AKA Larry
Only trouble is.....I am heading north Thursday

Larry
Oct 16, 2018, 08:05 PM
I'm open to suggestions. The wind seems to be calming down for Thursday, so the aerodrome looks like a good bet unless someone sees something different. If we go for that, i guess Romeo Cafe is my vote. I just home the place is not packed!
Oct 16, 2018, 08:07 PM
No fair Larry...
First you have a cold, then you head into the cold...

Quick Reply